Miami out for Michael Johnson JR?

Advertisement
Show me new brunswick vs any SFL or team. Or show me Tai vs any true competition, or any camp this summer. Those lacrosse/squash boys would get ran off the field.

Most underwhelming measurements i've seen for "DT" QB. Especially the so called #1 DTQB.

4.97 40yd dash
4.7 shuttle
28" vert

Anyway, not doubting he has big arm but he hasn't shown in it in a true competitive setting that anyone here has seen in the last year.
True to form huh. Im not getting suckered back into this conversation/beratement of a child again. Its sad you dont even do research before you bash a kid. But maybe thats your character or its the only way to support ur narrative. Ive told you numerous times those stats you keep throwing out are from when he was a 14 yr old freshman. Hes done more than enough camps & he is bright enough to know playing kids in shorts two hand touch doesnt compare to getting in valuable reps with nfl stars & college stand outs. You can question whatever youd like. Regardless he wont be coming here. But tai is ten times the QB (operative word being qb) then mike is. Thats not a knock on mike. Tai is a very special talent at his position while mike is a athletic freak of nature who will eventually find his true position and **** be an all pro at it. Far as why we didnt lock in on tai ive told yall over & over how that worked & also the bigger picture to it. Just like with keele & elias unless some of yall would like to believe that they arent elite either.

Good point about feeling like the QB coach might not believe in him. But there are a zillion examples of guys who weren't the first choice who went on to Hall of Fame level success. Tell him how Pete Carroll had to beg USC for an interview and how he was their 4th or 5th choice. Life isn't always smooth.
I agree chise. Ive had him talk with just about everyone i can think up also with the same mindset. But id be lying if i didnt admit i feel some type of way about it too. All im gonna say is for my university i do everything i possibly can. But to have the coachs son(in my eyes & many others i know) sabotage our efforts is infuriating. Its one thing if you dont feel he matches what were looking for out of the posistion. But its another entirely if the kid is 100% what were looking for. Then when we start to question other decisions we turn around and offer straight pro set kids... cmon man. We shouldve simply been straight up all along.

True to form huh. Im not getting suckered back into this conversation/beratement of a child again. Its sad you dont even do research before you bash a kid. But maybe thats your character or its the only way to support ur narrative. Ive told you numerous times those stats you keep throwing out are from when he was a 14 yr old freshman. Hes done more than enough camps & he is bright enough to know playing kids in shorts two hand touch doesnt compare to getting in valuable reps with nfl stars & college stand outs. You can question whatever youd like. Regardless he wont be coming here. But tai is ten times the QB (operative word being qb) then mike is. Thats not a knock on mike. Tai is a very special talent at his position while mike is a athletic freak of nature who will eventually find his true position and **** be an all pro at it. Far as why we didnt lock in on tai ive told yall over & over how that worked & also the bigger picture to it. Just like with keele & elias unless some of yall would like to believe that they arent elite either.
Hey Brook do you think Manny will give the green light for keele and elias soon? I remember you saying they were gonna wait a couple of weeks but that was like a month ago. Thanks for the info brother

Advertisement
Hey Brook do you think Manny will give the green light for keele and elias soon? I remember you saying they were gonna wait a couple of weeks but that was like a month ago. Thanks for the info brother
From what i was told we were simply waiting on manny to finish evaluations and green light their offers. Seemed like a formality. But as u pointed out that was some time ago. Personally im getting a lil tired of a pattern i see developing. Like staff cant realize you gotta give a position coach the power to make his own offer rather than take the risk of insulting a kid by making him wait forever. When ur talking about elite kids it really is different from ur average recruit. Its all about timing and cultivating a positive relationship.

I agree were a great spot for tai. He does too. He loves us. But hes also cognizant of having a position coach he doesnt feel believes in him. Far as tai sitting behind everyone and transfering all ill say is par to the course on here no one gives him any credit. No one has seen his game in forever either. Kids game has gotten far better since last season & he doesnt take a back seat to anyone.

Why Tai don't come out his feelings and show up to paradise and ball? That's what a real Hurricane would do. Ed Reed was a two star and Ray Lewis got Miami's last scholarship. I understand he's hurt, but people make mistakes.

p.s. I've been on the Tia train for a minute and this QB recruitment cycle has been tacky.

Last edited:
Two things. You’re up for a promotion, more money, better job title, more prestige, puts you on a path to even greater things in climbing the ladder. The hiring VP, the guy you would work for, had 3 guys in mind, you were number 3, the first 2 were hot commodities and went to different divisions. Do you get all in your feelings, accept a lesser promotion from a guy that wanted you, for a lesser job, with less potential and future, or swallow your pride and prove to the guy that had you at number 3 that you are an absolute stud?

Second thing about squash. Please, no more squash talk.

As an avid and pretty good racquetball player (not squash, but similar) I’m getting a real good chuckle at somehow using squash as a measure of who’s a good football player.

HINT: the correlation is weak to nonexistent. I’ve smoked guys off the court that would literally murder me on a football field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And lol at the comments about Tai and our qb coach not believing in him?? 😂 man let it go by the time he sees the field at Clemson Miami would’ve already won a National championship and on to our next savior at the QB position.

B
Why Tai don't come out his feelings and show up to paradise and ball? That's what a real Hurricane would do. Ed Reed was a two star and Ray Lewis got Miami's last scholarship. I understand he's hurt, but people make mistakes.

p.s. I've been on the Tia train for a minute and this QB recruitment cycle has been tacky.
this is part of the problem with fan perception. They dont know his story cause hes a quiet kid. Hes been on campus three times. He went to paradise last year with his little brother as well. His little brother was in 7th grade last year and we asked him to perform with the top jrs & seniors in the country. Both of them did good. Tai was the top qb performance wise that we had last year out of a dismal group. Tai has done EVERY SINGLE THING WEVE ASKED HIM TO & hes excelled at it to boot.

B

this is part of the problem with fan perception. They dont know his story cause hes a quiet kid. Hes been on campus three times. He went to paradise last year with his little brother as well. His little brother was in 7th grade last year and we asked him to perform with the top jrs & seniors in the country. Both of them did good. Tai was the top qb performance wise that we had last year out of a dismal group. Tai has done EVERY SINGLE THING WEVE ASKED HIM TO & hes excelled at it to boot.

Dee, I remember all that and let me stress that i've been on the Tia bandwagon since early.

1. I don't perceive Tia any type of way and, from everything i've gathered, he's right to look elsewhere after not getting proper respect from our staff.
2. I can't recall him even getting an offer (after essentially begging for one) and haven't been able to glean why from anything i've read.
3. I remember he came out of his way from up north (with his dad I think?) to compete and brought is brother.
4. People make mistakes and the Miami Hurricane brotherhood/family/legacy is stronger than an arrogant position coach (look at what Trajan has done after Golden them did that nonsense).

I've always had thoughts about how Tia would impact Max Johnson, but those are entirely my own and aren't based in anything other than intuition.

That said, I'm sure there're politics at play i'm not privy to because you haven't shared that info and neither have the Richts, but he wanted to come here for a reason and being a Clemson Tiger is not the same as being a Miami Hurricane. I'm sure I would do the same under similar circumstances, but being an adult in my 40s, a very proud alumnus, and understanding how special the []__[] is, it makes me disappointed for him if he truly wanted to be here.

Let me also add that I didn't get the offer I wanted to be a Hurricane until about 12 weeks before school started in 2002. I was fully prepared to go upstate before they attended my convocation and offered a full ride on the spot. I still felt a ways and wanted to rebuff their late-stage offer on the strength of my commitment to another institution, general principle, and personal pride as well... but let me tell you it was the best decision i've ever made to attend the University of Miami.

Just saying, it's July and this []__[] is bigger than a position coach.

Last edited:
I will say it over and over. The weak link on the team/staff is the QB room/QB coach. If our QB's can hit open receivers vs. LSU we have a problem. It makes no sense to channel in on one QB when you are not 95 percent positive you are going to get that QB. Especially when his father is on the staff of another top tier program. Tai was worthy of an offer point blank period! Towards the latter of Richt's tenure at UGA QB recruiting/coaching sealed his fate. Missing on Cam and Deshaun Watson and then he was set to miss on Jake Fromm. Listen to Fromm's father talk about the disconnect with Richt recruiting his son. You take a QB every year especially when your QB play looks how ours did last year. In the Pitt game we pulled Rosier and put in a QB that looked like he couldn't play on an elite high school team. I can't make any more excuses, according to some Jack Allison isn't coachable, Kaaya isn't mobile, Nkosi isn't hard working and can't learn the playbook. When does this fall on the staff? All I know is the QB position and o-line is what separates us from being elite.

Advertisement
Show me new brunswick vs any SFL or team. Or show me Tai vs any true competition, or any camp this summer. Those lacrosse/squash boys would get ran off the field.

Most underwhelming measurements i've seen for "DT" QB. Especially the so called #1 DTQB.

4.97 40yd dash
4.7 shuttle
28" vert

Anyway, not doubting he has big arm but he hasn't shown in it in a true competitive setting that anyone here has seen in the last year.

You are spot on. I got buddies that played at UConn who also coach high school football up there & that kid while talented is playing against no one. His school/league don’t even advance to the playoffs.

& none of them had even heard of him until I mentioned him.

I really don't remember hearing much of anything about him from Paradise last year. Where is some words on that?

10x the QB that Johnson is? That sounds to me like you're far too close to the situation.

Still waiting to hear about those bags. What's the deal yo?

Advertisement
Ryan Rizk committed last cycle as a preferred walk-on. Anybody know if he made it on campus? Since we talking about bodies at the QB position he would be an arm to give us wiggle room until the 20' class.

Never was too high on him to tell you the truth. The Elite 11 performance was just confirmation. Has the athleticism and thats pretty much it.

Wanted Tai or Spencer Rattler *shrugs*

1. You're lying. Those results are from April 2017. https://www.theopening.com/2017-dc-results
2. If he has better #'s feel free to post them.
3. Literally every other QB in the top 25 is out there competing. I guess Tai is too special for that. Must be a Connecticut thing.

Last edited:
You are spot on. I got buddies that played at UConn who also coach high school football up there & that kid while talented is playing against no one. His school/league don’t even advance to the playoffs.

& none of them had even heard of him until I mentioned him.

Avon Old Farms plays against St. Paul's, Exter, Deerfield, Andover, Hotchkiss, Lawrenceville, NMH, Cushing, etc... That is TERRIBLE competition. The athletes from those schools are the sons of New England's and NYC's richest citizens.

You cannot compare that league to Dade. Now if they ever played the publich high school of Bridgeport, CT or of New Haven...... That is something entirely different.

Advertisement
Back