Miami out for Michael Johnson JR?

Advertisement
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 1.55.42 PM.png

Advertisement
That means nothing, he got that from another site where people from different fanbases post info
Don't forget this recruiting is big business now. They don't get many clicks by being less than optimistic. I hope that is it at least.

Newberg lol

One thing I will say is that Newberg has a close, personal relationship with Willie Taggart, so he is probably much more reliable under this new coaching staff than under Jimbo.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Just a few days ago, I thought this kid was already a lock, now I'm getting a bit concerned.

One thing I will say is that Newberg has a close, personal relationship with Willie Taggart, so he is probably much more reliable under this new coaching staff than under Jimbo.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Just a few days ago, I thought this kid was already a lock, now I'm getting a bit concerned.

Newberg is a fine reporter. As usual, this generation just hates because people are too unintelligent to articulate a real conversation.

Advertisement
Recruiting Battles Tighten For Miami as Dead Period Begins

Ivins says MJJ is close with Taggart and his staff, doesn't care about them already having another QB in the class, and Miami, FSU, and Pedo St are all in the race. No mention of NC St which was the hot topic like 4 days ago.

Of course, he also tweeted this just last Weds. If he comes to Paradise, he's going to be a Cane.

I think this is all to do about nothing. IDK how close MJJ can be with Taggart apart from the one year he spent coaching with MJS. That could be the reason for the courtesy visit but I digress. I think MJJ has know for sometime that he was going to be a Cane and in typical recruit fashion is trying to drum up excitement in his recruiting after months of Pro-Cane talk. No way teams like FSU and PED St come in THIS late and do anything of merit. Only time that happens is if the kid could make the grade, schools withheld offers only to offer later once grades are better ala Jeff Thomas. Just doesn't happen like that in recruiting.

I think this is all to do about nothing. IDK how close MJJ can be with Taggart apart from the one year he spent coaching with MJS. That could be the reason for the courtesy visit but I digress. I think MJJ has know for sometime that he was going to be a Cane and in typical recruit fashion is trying to drum up excitement in his recruiting after months of Pro-Cane talk. No way teams like FSU and PED St come in THIS late and do anything of merit. Only time that happens is if the kid could make the grade, schools withheld offers only to offer later once grades are better ala Jeff Thomas. Just doesn't happen like that in recruiting.
Again my point stands. It has seemed for a while now that this kid is looking for every reason possible to not be a CANE. I think if he really wanted to be a Cane he would have committed already.

Advertisement

1968 with his usual troll comment. Didn't you catch a temp ban for doing this on gator tears thread

Again my point stands. It has seemed for a while now that this kid is looking for every reason possible to not be a CANE. I think if he really wanted to be a Cane he would have committed already.
Because he’s staking visits he doesn’t want to be a cane? They are free visits, if you were in the same shoes you would do the same. And it’s a difference, he’s an out of state kid that isn’t going to the school his dad is at , most of his options are on the east coast. You got to feel comfortable and weigh all of your options at the end of the day. This ain’t a kid that’s from south Florida doing this. This is a kid traveling all the way across the country for the next 4-5 years. Finding the best fit takes time and I dont Blame him honestly. I would Do the same given the circumstances

Advertisement
Because he’s staking visits he doesn’t want to be a cane? They are free visits, if you were in the same shoes you would do the same
Because we are the only team that as the perfect combination of 1. Going all out on him and only him 2. Showing him interest for 2 years 3. Favorable QB depth (no one has proved themselves to be the guy after Rosier) any QB with legit interest would have jumped in already. The only reason I could think of as to why he is not committed is because maybe he just does not have the same interest back.

My concern is that the way his recruitment has shaped out we should be the clear leaders but we arent.

Your avatar pic is a great example of why you don't need to take everything in a recruiting article at face value. These kids enjoy the attention and don't want everyone who posts on message boards knowing who their lead school is before they commit publicly.

As far as high profile recruitments go MJJ is playing out pretty well for us. If he doesn't commit by Paradise we should be concerned.

RE-LAX

Advertisement
Back