Miami OT Seantrel Henderson tested positive at combine

And I though that smoking dope made you smarter, more ambitious, and more focused. So, did the dope affect SH or just enhance him?

Advertisement
The kid admitted to smoking weed at the Fing Senior Bowl. **** son, I hope you get your stuff together sooner rather than later in order to help yourself and your family. Warren Sapp should reach out to the young man.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/22/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-senior-bowl/

Go Canes

Bryant McKinnie, his idol, would be even better. Another guy with loads of natural talent. But, unlike Seantrell, Bryant put in the work (and still had plenty of fun on the side).

I think this is the difference in the team going forward lead by the Duke's and DPs of the world! We have unselfish talented players. The few talented players on the team last year were all about themselves. Stephen not wanting to dive for an extra yard on 4th down, the dt's taking 3 years (and their final) year to buy-in. I was a big Henderson fan, even when he did his deal with the Minnesota summer fun, he was still on the team. But see you later. We will have a better team without cats like him as "leaders"!!

You're extrapolating Seantrell's actions way too far. Stephen Morris's limitations as a quarterback did not include selfishness or a lack of work ethic. It's terrible to overgeneralize based on the actions of another player.

i thought this was already acknowledge when he admitted to the teams in sr bowl. This isnt any NEW" news i believe. Im sure the weed was stil in his system hence the positive test.

Everybody knew dude was a stoner.....i dont think this drops him one bit as this is something acknowledge before combine andlikely during combe by him, and likely by our staff to nfl scouts beforehand.

Kid still will be a mid rounder, and likely makes a team and starts as a RT. That weed aint stop him from doing a good job on Werner (fsu), or the other beast @ de that UNC thru at us every year, #45 from GT.

-LOL @ our fans acting like this is NEWS....Its well documented the kids smokes weed. Thats his issue, or "maturtity issues" that they speak of when talking about him. Other than that he still is a solid pro prospect @ tackle...it might hamper him with teams like the Dolphins..but for the most part kid will likely get drafted in his same perspective area. Guarantee ol Pete Carroll in Seattle will scoop him up, likely with their need at RT anyway.

Advertisement
The kid's lazy and has a loser mentality. It's a shame with his potential, but he's a loser and like most losers, he'll claim he's a victim of something or someone and find someone else to blame for his own shortcomings. He is what he is.

I don't see what the big deal about the weed is.

He doesn't have much of a work ethic, big deal. I know lots of people that don't smoke weed that also don't have a good work ethic.

Last edited:
If some team is willing to invest the time/money in a babysitter for him, he could be an absolute stud at the next level.

Plenty of college screwups have gone on to very good NFL careers.

Advertisement
i thought this was already acknowledge when he admitted to the teams in sr bowl. This isnt any NEW" news i believe. Im sure the weed was stil in his system hence the positive test.

Everybody knew dude was a stoner.....i dont think this drops him one bit as this is something acknowledge before combine andlikely during combe by him, and likely by our staff to nfl scouts beforehand.

Kid still will be a mid rounder, and likely makes a team and starts as a RT. That weed aint stop him from doing a good job on Werner (fsu), or the other beast @ de that UNC thru at us every year, #45 from GT.

-LOL @ our fans acting like this is NEWS....Its well documented the kids smokes weed. Thats his issue, or "maturtity issues" that they speak of when talking about him. Other than that he still is a solid pro prospect @ tackle...it might hamper him with teams like the Dolphins..but for the most part kid will likely get drafted in his same perspective area. Guarantee ol Pete Carroll in Seattle will scoop him up, likely with their need at RT anyway.

This. Monster

I smoke weed daily. Love it.

1424221750_Cool_Story_Bro_Tell_it_again_-1.jpeg

When he was actually on the field he was a beast. The problem is he couldn't be relied upon from week to week. But the talent is there without a doubt.

I wish him nothing but the worst. Given every opportunity in the world to have everything, and he does nothing...

Advertisement
When your cashing them checks its a different ball game. I guarantee a "lazy" kid like Henderosn even knows it.

His talent will definately show to whatever team he is drafted by, that money is a definate motivator...he cant buy any more reggie weed @ um.

Despite all his issues, In my Opinion his game film will still show a solid to good Olineman going against quality competition. Theres always a need for OL int his league, i mean Jason Fox who i totally for got abou tmight be a starter for the Dolphins. And bum *** Jonathan Martin will make a team this yr....What Seantrel has in size and agility really cant be taught....there's better coaches in the NFL than Kehoe/Stoutland someone will be able to harness some of that ability. There isnt 10 better tackles in this draft.......Oh he's getting drafted.

Advertisement
People can hate all they want, but I am cheering for the kid. The U is going to quickly drop down the list of players in the NFL over the next few years as the 99-03 guys continue to retire and be cut. As long as we can't beat duke and get blown out against any team worth a ****, we need guys saying the U on sunday intros.

He's not the only one:

Timmy Jernigan of Florida State is viewed as one of the top defensive tackles in this year’s NFL draft, but NFL teams may have one reason to be concerned about his off-field activities.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Jernigan is among the players who failed a drug test at the Scouting Combine.

Glazer reports that other players who were on a list given to NFL teams as having failed Combine drug tests in February were LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, University of Miami tackle Seantrel Henderson and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones. As we previously reported, LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger submitted a diluted urine sample, which he attributes to drinking a lot of water to combat dehydration while rehabbing a torn ACL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-failed-a-drug-test-at-the-scouting-combine/

He's not the only one:

Timmy Jernigan of Florida State is viewed as one of the top defensive tackles in this year’s NFL draft, but NFL teams may have one reason to be concerned about his off-field activities.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Jernigan is among the players who failed a drug test at the Scouting Combine.

Glazer reports that other players who were on a list given to NFL teams as having failed Combine drug tests in February were LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, University of Miami tackle Seantrel Henderson and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones. As we previously reported, LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger submitted a diluted urine sample, which he attributes to drinking a lot of water to combat dehydration while rehabbing a torn ACL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-failed-a-drug-test-at-the-scouting-combine/
Did FSU have any guys at the combine that actually passed their drug test?
51.gif

Advertisement
Back