Miami on top for Mobile (AL) QB Malik Rosier

eleganttomcat

Junior
Summary from TOS:

-6-foot-3, 193-pounder, 4.5 speed, ran for 1,002 yards and 12 scores last season (hit .430 in baseball and plays catcher)
-James Coley visited Rosier at his school Thursday
-Kid says Coley wants to offer him but has to run it by Golden first (kid expects offer soon)
-His Coach says that everything points to him getting a Cane offer
-Miami is his number 1 school because "he loves the tradition"
-Kid grew up in Tallahassee but is a Canes fan, like his father. The rest of his family are noles fans aka ***gots
-Says Duke is close to offering and he has talked to Bama and Auburn as well
-Says "UM has the best chance of anybody to land me."
-Coach says Rosier is smart as **** and has an NFL arm as he can throw 70 yards downfield.
-For all you star whores out there he's a 2 star

Seems like a plan B/C guy to me, definitely a project that you redshirt (obviously) and maybe if he develops nicely sees the field his last year or two. Not sure we really really want him, but again, I cant say for sure.

Advertisement
He just became,1 of my favorite recruits this year. Looks like such a natural moving in the pocket. Great arm, great athlete. Offer!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mehhhh... In not saying this kid can't play but that video is horrible. Sped up in parts and the video continuously popping left and right makes it hard to follow.

Malik or Alin?

Take both. Especially in Kaaya is waiting on a west coast offer.

I don't mean from a take standpoint, I'm talking potential/skill wise. & I doubt we take three qbs, and right now Malik is the one without an offer. Probably waiting to see how things play out with Kaaya & Alin

Cash is right about the video quality. I would really need to see more than highlight vids to say who I like the most. Their senior years will give us a much better look into each players future.

Advertisement
Cash I've seen a lot worse highlight videos.

Kid looks like he stands tall in the pocket, like he's got descent size, moves well, and can throw on the run. From what I see I like, but I don't know who we have locally that is as good or better to compare him to. From a neck up stand point it is a good sign that he is seriously considering Duke. I am not convinced however that if we offer he'll commit to us; I've seen a lot of kids say the same thing, get that offer, and then use it to parley into other offers - perhaps one they would really like to have.

Kid is better than a 2 star. I say offer him if the staff is unsure on Alin. Unless they plan to use him as a Brad Smith utility type player.

Advertisement
Summary from TOS:

-6-foot-3, 193-pounder, 4.5 speed, ran for 1,002 yards and 12 scores last season (hit .430 in baseball and plays catcher)
-James Coley visited Rosier at his school Thursday
-Kid says Coley wants to offer him but has to run it by Golden first (kid expects offer soon)
-His Coach says that everything points to him getting a Cane offer
-Miami is his number 1 school because "he loves the tradition"
-Kid grew up in Tallahassee but is a Canes fan, like his father. The rest of his family are noles fans aka ***gots
-Says Duke is close to offering and he has talked to Bama and Auburn as well
-Says "UM has the best chance of anybody to land me."
-Coach says Rosier is smart as **** and has an NFL arm as he can throw 70 yards downfield.
-For all you star whores out there he's a 2 star

Seems like a plan B/C guy to me, definitely a project that you redshirt (obviously) and maybe if he develops nicely sees the field his last year or two. Not sure we really really want him, but again, I cant say for sure.

Threw for 2238 yards (169 comp to 305 attempts) and 20 td's.

http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Rosier-24597

Advertisement
Back