Miami on top for Mobile (AL) QB Malik Rosier

Say let brad kaaya, then take this kid as a baseball recruit and let him be a football walk on. Problem is Coley started recruiting this kid. As for the third QB scholarship offer I would take O'Conner.

I think AG and Coley are going to butt heads Coley is trying to stack up spread style QB's and AG wants Jedd Fisch Pro Style offense which requires QB's like Kaaya, Mahalak, O'Conner, and Litton. I am glad ken Dorsey got the NFL QB coaching gig so in a year or two he come in and fix this.

Rosier went to the Atlanta Elite 11 and did okay the invited him to attend a few other Elite 11's in other cities and maybe he will get the invite from there, otherwise good luck to you.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still like Alin's video better... Alin does all the same stuff, great arm, wheels & plays better competition. And he's committed. With Dewey not leaving I say we take Alin & use the other schollie for a LB'er or JUCO DT.

Say let brad kaaya, then take this kid as a baseball recruit and let him be a football walk on. Problem is Coley started recruiting this kid. As for the third QB scholarship offer I would take O'Conner.

I think AG and Coley are going to butt heads Coley is trying to stack up spread style QB's and AG wants Jedd Fisch Pro Style offense which requires QB's like Kaaya, Mahalak, O'Conner, and Litton. I am glad ken Dorsey got the NFL QB coaching gig so in a year or two he come in and fix this.

Rosier went to the Atlanta Elite 11 and did okay the invited him to attend a few other Elite 11's in other cities and maybe he will get the invite from there, otherwise good luck to you.

Go Canes

There is nothing to fix. You have no idea what Golden wants considering he took the commit from Edouard.

I still like Alin's video better... Alin does all the same stuff, great arm, wheels & plays better competition. And he's committed. With Dewey not leaving I say we take Alin & use the other schollie for a LB'er or JUCO DT.

Agreed an Align runs a 4.5 all day while Rosier ran a 4.69 at the Nike camp, so I say AE today and twice on Sunday.

Go Canes

Go Canes

There is nothing to fix. You have no idea what Golden wants considering he took the commit from Edouard.

Everyone Knows that was Mario Cristabol's doing (not Golden), I believe Align even mentioned that in an interview.

Here is the story showing Mario wanted this kid from when he was at FIU
http://deepsouthrecruiting.com/2012/07/25/2014-hialeah-qb-alin-edouard-picks-up-three-offers/

Here he calls Mario to commit
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2013/02/canes-land-commitment-from-hungry-versatile-athletic-2014-hialeah-qb-alin-edouard.html

Here it shows Mario introduced AE to UM and Golden
http://acc.xofan.com/Miami/canes-visit-quarterback-alin-edouard/

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

Everyone Knows that was Mario Cristabol's doing (not Golden), I believe Align even mentioned that in an interview.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...le-athletic-2014-hialeah-qb-alin-edouard.html

So he didn't sign off on the commitment? What head coach wouldn't give the final go ahead? One dual-threat committed. More being recruited. Golden could direct Coley to stop if he didn't want them. Dorsey's skillset as a dropback QB wouldn't keep him from recruiting dual threat guys either. Your whole thought process isn't based in evidence or logic.

Well the kid did put up much better stats than Eduaord (spelling?).. Production speaks louder than potential

Alin plays much better competition than this guy. Stats or not, I ride with Alin regardless of Mario's involvement.

Advertisement
I do not feel comfortable at all with our QB situation heading into next year and I think the way we are recruiting shows the coaches dont feel so great either. Ryan Williams is a JAG, Crow is a JAG , Dewey cannot play here, David Thompson has yet to set foot on the practice... field which leaves Olsen as our savior. If (god forbid) Olsen flops, we are in a world of trouble at the most important position on the field. I think we need to bring in 2 QBs for sure.

Fin cane, Dorsey's skill set is being a field general in a pro set. This is why at the next level only a hand full of QB's come from the spread offense in college and make it.

The QB's I mention are all field generals that get the ball to play makers, and read defense at all three levels of the passing game, not just reading a defensive end which is the key read in a spread attack.

Go Canes

Say goodbye to the pocket passer.

Do not like where coley's offense is going.

Advertisement
Why are people so opposed to getting mobile QB's?

I mean they need to be able to complete forward passes, but times have changed.

You can get QB's who can throw and run.

They are much tougher to defend.

Look at college...Boyd, Bridgewater, Miller all heisman candidate QB's who can do both.

Look at the NFL, 3 of the best young QB's are Griffin, Kapernick, and Wilson.

Did you boys not watch the NFL this season? Just find me a winner, and I don't care if he looks like Joe Flacco or Russ Wilson. Winning is winning.

Advertisement
Plan D or F. The guy has offers from Arkansas St, Furman and Southern Miss. He's listed at 6'2" which means he's closer to 6'0"....

No thanks...major pass!

Summary from TOS:

-6-foot-3, 193-pounder, 4.5 speed, ran for 1,002 yards and 12 scores last season (hit .430 in baseball and plays catcher)
-James Coley visited Rosier at his school Thursday
-Kid says Coley wants to offer him but has to run it by Golden first (kid expects offer soon)
-His Coach says that everything points to him getting a Cane offer
-Miami is his number 1 school because "he loves the tradition"
-Kid grew up in Tallahassee but is a Canes fan, like his father. The rest of his family are noles fans aka ***gots
-Says Duke is close to offering and he has talked to Bama and Auburn as well
-Says "UM has the best chance of anybody to land me."
-Coach says Rosier is smart as **** and has an NFL arm as he can throw 70 yards downfield.
-For all you star whores out there he's a 2 star

Seems like a plan B/C guy to me, definitely a project that you redshirt (obviously) and maybe if he develops nicely sees the field his last year or two. Not sure we really really want him, but again, I cant say for sure.

Why are people so opposed to getting mobile QB's?

I mean they need to be able to complete forward passes, but times have changed.

You can get QB's who can throw and run.

They are much tougher to defend.

Look at college...Boyd, Bridgewater, Miller all heisman candidate QB's who can do both.

Look at the NFL, 3 of the best young QB's are Griffin, Kapernick, and Wilson.
The day Teddy B wins the Heisman I'll strip *** naked & run across the 50 yard line at halftime. He has good stats because he plays in the big easy. The same conference that has been turned over 2-3 times in the last 5 years with teams leaving. I would vote for Morris ten times over before casting a vote for Teddy. Dont mean to hijack thread but I've seen this topic pop up way too much lately & I think it's absolutely crazy,

I agree with what y'all are saying. I just meant I don't want a guy like Vick who is basically a WR playing QB.

I like the mobile QB as long as they actually can throw like the above mentioned can.

Advertisement
Back