Miami Offers worth more?

Hurricane Warrior

Retired staff
Premium
DFnkz8qXkAEJKUI.jpg:large

Interesting numbers... OSU & Miami got the #1 & #2 classes in the nation but are only tied for 49th in scholarships offered with 145 each. Florida has is tied for 16th with 216 offers. Gone are the Golden days when we offered everyone...

Advertisement
Very interesting. Miami is no longer "sweating" kids. Richt has done a masterful job at changing the local and national perception of the program. The multitude of kids now understand that they can't play games and will get replaced with a kid that's just as good, if not better. This flight has taken off.

Very interesting list. Looking at Stanford and NW, I would assume academic standards are part of the equation ... but not sure about party schools like TAM?

In Miami's case, I think it reflects the fertile recruiting grounds we're situated in, too. There's an abundance of talent locally so we don't need to dispense offers all over various regions of the country. I am glad CMR is reemphasizing it as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A much refreshing change from Folden's policy of handing them out like they were candy.

Advertisement
Miami and USC low offers make sense to me. No other schools have as much elite high school football talent within 30 miles of their campus.

Arkansas gave out the fewest offers of all the SEC schools. That's a surprise. But it's not a surprise that most of the other SEC schools save Auburn are right up there near or above AL. You have to show your president, boosters and AD in the SEC that you're doing everything to win.

All of the higher academic schools are no surprise with Stanford clearly being under the greatest restraints. And they still win the cup every year.

Mark Richt definitely taking a page from Jimmy Johnson's book (it's said that he didn't leave Florida one year), but I don't think that would have mattered for Golden because athletes and coaches didn't believe...he had to offer more than Richt. I wonder what the numbers were for Richt while he was at Georgia because Kirby is raining scholarships.

Last edited:
Advertisement
:eek: @ Iowa St

Yea, they have to offer **** near every swinging d--- with a pulse. They better offer EARLY too. Their hope hinges on the fact, that some really good players will fall through the cracks of better programs and or go unnoticed. Every now and then they will get a Davis to come through.

Advertisement
Funny.. when Golden/RS was here people complained about not getting offered by Miami.. Richt ain't offering no one he ain't really interested in and not a peep.

I love seeing this...

I actually think we should get even stingier with the offers & a lot more stringent with early commits as well.

We need to start calling some of these kids on their bluff, when they commit early in the Spring or Summer, if they plan on decommitting later on then don't even accept the early commit in the 1st place.

All this "my recruitment is still open" **** immediately after you give a verbal is getting disrespectful to our program, maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't really see kids do that to other schools. (And even if they do, we shouldn't keep allowing it.)

I love seeing this...

I actually think we should get even stingier with the offers & a lot more stringent with early commits as well.

We need to start calling some of these kids on their bluff, when they commit early in the Spring or Summer, if they plan on decommitting later on then don't even accept the early commit in the 1st place.

All this "my recruitment is still open" **** immediately after you give a verbal is getting disrespectful to our program, maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't really see kids do that to other schools. (And even if they do, we shouldn't keep allowing it.)

I often talk about protecting the UM brand, and all the tough guys on here don't get it. They just respond with "kids are having fun" or some other dopey clich.

When kids feel like they can clown the brand by trying to hold a spot while openly jacking off other schools it's a bad look for UM. It allows for kids to think of our offer as a right and a fallback and not the honor and privilege that it is.

Not sure what the solution is, but maybe we need to do a better job screening who we take early commitments from.

Advertisement
Back