Miami Offers worth more?

Funny.. when Golden/RS was here people complained about not getting offered by Miami.. Richt ain't offering no one he ain't really interested in and not a peep.

Cus RS failed at his job and Richt has a track record of success in the SEC both in recruiting and on the field, he salvaged a good first class here at UM with players that produced last year, and he currently has a top two class for 2018 with no buzz of losing them. Does that explain why it's "funny"?

Advertisement
Stanford has only offered 32? What kind of craziness is that. They must be over confident and bringing in a tiny claaa

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love seeing this...

I actually think we should get even stingier with the offers & a lot more stringent with early commits as well.

We need to start calling some of these kids on their bluff, when they commit early in the Spring or Summer, if they plan on decommitting later on then don't even accept the early commit in the 1st place.

All this "my recruitment is still open" **** immediately after you give a verbal is getting disrespectful to our program, maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't really see kids do that to other schools. (And even if they do, we shouldn't keep allowing it.)

Man, El, I swear we be on the wave length. I was wondering the same thing about other schools, as well. I pay very close attention to Miami, so maybe I just notice it more; however, I do have the recruiting portion on my BR profile and I don't ever hear reports from other schools that a kid that's 100% committed, but is still open. That don't even make any sense!! I believe, after this season, if we live up to the hype, all of this stop. All of this, "hold my place while I shop around" will be over w/.

I love seeing this...

I actually think we should get even stingier with the offers & a lot more stringent with early commits as well.

We need to start calling some of these kids on their bluff, when they commit early in the Spring or Summer, if they plan on decommitting later on then don't even accept the early commit in the 1st place.

All this "my recruitment is still open" **** immediately after you give a verbal is getting disrespectful to our program, maybe I'm not paying attention but I don't really see kids do that to other schools. (And even if they do, we shouldn't keep allowing it.)

I often talk about protecting the UM brand, and all the tough guys on here don't get it. They just respond with "kids are having fun" or some other dopey clich.

When kids feel like they can clown the brand by trying to hold a spot while openly jacking off other schools it's a bad look for UM. It allows for kids to think of our offer as a right and a fallback and not the honor and privilege that it is.

Not sure what the solution is, but maybe we need to do a better job screening who we take early commitments from.
I agree with you 100% Chise.

Taking visits is one thing, but openly seeking offers & telling other programs you're still open on Twitter after already giving us a commit is just flat out playing games that shouldn't be accepted.

I love seeing this...

I often talk about protecting the UM brand, and all the tough guys on here don't get it. They just respond with "kids are having fun" or some other dopey clich.

When kids feel like they can clown the brand by trying to hold a spot while openly jacking off other schools it's a bad look for UM. It allows for kids to think of our offer as a right and a fallback and not the honor and privilege that it is.

Not sure what the solution is, but maybe we need to do a better job screening who we take early commitments from.
I agree with you 100% Chise.

Taking visits is one thing, but openly seeking offers & telling other programs you're still open on Twitter after already giving us a commit is just flat out playing games that shouldn't be accepted.

Pretty simple rule of thumb: If you still want to be recruited and "enjoy the process," then don't commit anywhere.

Start the process of growing up and being a man now because, as we've seen all too often, the guys who get too caught up in being recruited struggle when the P5 pads come on and there are legit hungry killers across from you with equal or close to equal talent.

Advertisement
I love seeing this...

Honestly, this right here either needs to be pinned at the top of the board or somehow encrypted as an auto response for all the jack offs who don't understand

I love seeing this...

Perfect example is this Chatfield package deal bull****

Stanford has only offered 32? What kind of craziness is that. They must be over confident and bringing in a tiny claaa

Only about 50 players could get into that school and the HFC knows it.

I love seeing this...

The lames advocating that dumb package deal are fakes who don't really understand the prowess of UM or the value of the offer. They look at UM like a pro franchise and don't really have any true connection to the university.

Advertisement

Only about 50 players could get into that school and the HFC knows it.

Yeah I read that they look at the 50 kids who could actually get in to the school. Then of those they only offer the ones who can play at the level they want.

While this is the case TO A CERTAIN EXTENT...There are still many kids that we have kinda offered but they are not highest in pecking order. It's just that Richt and staff have the respect to do this, while the last staff simply did not, and acted like they did (jerked too many kids).

For instance if you go back 3-4 months on this board, you will see that these players have been "offered", but all of them def couldn't commit on spot

W.Thompson
A.Pierre
R.Louis (maybe, seems like now he's back on the "we want" list)
Reese
E.Moore
Copeland (tried to "commit")
K.Austin (maybe he has been able to commit all along, I may be wrong on this one)
All the non Sofl DL offers reported between Jan and May...I doubt everyone was a legit offer.

Last edited:
While this is the case TO A CERTAIN EXTENT...There are still many kids that we have kinda offered but they are not highest in pecking order. It's just that Richt and staff have the respect to do this, while the last staff simply did not, and acted like they did (jerked too many kids).

For instance if you go back 3-4 months on this board, you will see that these players have been "offered", but all of them def couldn't commit on spot

W.Thompson
A.Pierre
R.Louis (maybe, seems like now he's back on the "we want" list)
Reese
E.Moore
Copeland (tried to "commit")
K.Austin (maybe he has been able to commit all along, I may be wrong on this one)
All the non Sofl DL offers reported between Jan and May...I doubt everyone was a legit offer.

Another point to remember is some offers kind of get pulled when they are no longer commitable. No one tracks this. We offered 10 QBs through out the recruiting process but I'm pretty sure most of these offers are no longer valid once we got Sit. We offered 10 TEs but I'm pretty sure we are done. Guys like Georges, Joseph, maybe even Reese were offered at one time but I highly doubt any of them are able to commit today.

Advertisement
Im sorry, I know I'm supposed to be ripping UF, but its scary seeing how much Butch Jones is truly the Al Golden of the SEC.

Very interesting list. Looking at Stanford and NW, I would assume academic standards are part of the equation ... but not sure about party schools like TAM?

Lol Standford is super stingy, so is Clemson the smaller stronger classes seem to be suiting them well

Advertisement
I love seeing this...

The lames advocating that dumb package deal are fakes who don't really understand the prowess of UM or the value of the offer. They look at UM like a pro franchise and don't really have any true connection to the university.

I think something that could be done is maybe not allow people who commit super early to go public with it until a certain date maybe?
So if a recruit commits like as a sophomore or entering his junior year, then they have to wait 3 months before they can take it public. This will also give us time to make sure they're serious, and they will have time to think about it more and make sure its what they want.
But it doesn't push them away from us by rejecting their commitment.

Very interesting list. Looking at Stanford and NW, I would assume academic standards are part of the equation ... but not sure about party schools like TAM?

Lol Standford is super stingy, so is Clemson the smaller stronger classes seem to be suiting them well

Stanford needs to because they can only go after kids that can get in.
This is what he said recently when asked about having satelite camps in SEC country, "It doesn’t make sense for us to go hold a camp some place where there might be one person in the entire state that’s eligible to get into Stanford.”
savage response haha.

Stanford needs to because they can only go after kids that can get in.
This is what he said recently when asked about having satelite camps in SEC country, "It doesn’t make sense for us to go hold a camp some place where there might be one person in the entire state that’s eligible to get into Stanford.”
savage response haha.

I agree haha

I love seeing this...

A handful, usually "national" recruits, but very seldom are they from the local base. Texas is a prime example (also a school with low offers). I remember in the Mack Brown days, those kids were committed by the end of their junior years. The class was full very early and the commits were completely unreachable.

Advertisement
Back