Miami offers grad transfer DT Chigozie Nnoruka

Advertisement
Scour bama roster and see if some dlineman are looking to transfer
They've probably got linemen on both sides of the LOS running 3rd string on their depth chart that are far better than what we have coming back as starters.

Advertisement
We need to be Grad Transfer U. We are an attractive destination to spend a year.

It’s not a substitute for recruiting but it’s a supplement to make sure you always have mature, strong players at physical positions.

100% disagree. All these GTs are killing our numbers. It is similar to trading for a player with one year left before retirement and giving up a draft pick to do so. We only get some many picks and most great teams win via the draft more than trading for most their players.

I’m fine with 3 GT this year. 1 ot, 1 dl, 1 qb if you can take a GT with two years then you can take another.

If you have to rely on grad transfers to fill major holes, then you've failed in recruiting and development.

Plying the transfer market should only be a stopgap. If we are to get back to where we should be, we can't keep relying on players that other programs don't need or want.
Development in the trenches is definitely hurt when your S&C coach doesn't come in for work...

Of course we do, but that’s irrelevant to this thread. We need bodies now, and this guy is talented. Put up very good numbers as s junior in a defense that is more similar to ours.

It's relevant because poor recruiting, especially on D, is why we have to look to castoffs from other programs to address big weaknesses on the roster.

I'm not saying don't try to get him (we don't have much choice); I'm saying it's just a short-term solution to try to make up for past failures. Unless we get recruiting fixed, grad transfers aren't going to help us be much more than an average ACC team.

We need to be Grad Transfer U. We are an attractive destination to spend a year.

It’s not a substitute for recruiting but it’s a supplement to make sure you always have mature, strong players at physical positions.
Completely agree. People on here act like transfers are the plague. I’d load up on them given the current state of our roster.

If Diaz gets us stabilized down the line I’d still take advantage of the GT. They’re ready made players. Plug and play. You know what they are, they’re physically developed, and you’ve already seen what they can do.

The immediate availability of grad transfers is a modern advancement that we need to take advantage of.

Advertisement
Completely agree. People on here act like transfers are the plague. I’d load up on them given the current state of our roster.

If Diaz gets us stabilized down the line I’d still take advantage of the GT. They’re ready made players. Plug and play. You know what they are, they’re physically developed, and you’ve already seen what they can do.

The immediate availability of grad transfers is a modern advancement that we need to take advantage of.
Couldn’t agree more. I fail to see a down side.

Advertisement
We have failed. We were 7-6 and our HC quit in a heap of failure.

We have major holes and plenty of available scholarships, so why not take advantage of the rule set and try to fill them?

I'm not saying we shouldn't. I think we should --we don't really have a choice. I just don't think grad transfers will make much difference, other than to temporarily plug glaring holes.

I've been beating this drum on here for years...Miami needs to be a destination spot for JUCO and Grad Transfer players. They help offset the horrendous recruiting that goes on at the bottom of our roster.

Go look at the roster, gentlemen...the bottom 1/4 of the roster is completely unusable scholarship players. They barely play special teams.

Replacing those or offsetting those is important.

Getting a player like Nnoruka helps offset the Tyreic Martin's of the world.
Getting Tommy Kennedy helps offset the fact we haven't recruited a tackle prospect worth a **** in a few years.

Sure..they are one year stopgaps...but thats what we need.

On the defensive interior...I'd be looking at a Grad Transfer and a JUCO player. Would also be looking at the transfer portal as well to help supplement with the class of of 3 we have on the iDL. iDL is dire right now.

Advertisement
Those 23/24 old guys with 3 years college experience are usually better than most high school 4/5 star kids imo.

Look at his stats from the year before Kelly took over and moved to a 3-4 Defense. How many of our defensive tackles this past year had those kind of stats?

He would help tremendously.
We say that about every jag transfer EVERY YEAR dude! Not a shot at you but enuff is enuff. The more we protest as a fanbase the more we can force change.

Advertisement
Back