Miami offers grad transfer DT Chigozie Nnoruka

Advertisement
If you have to rely on grad transfers to fill major holes, then you've failed in recruiting and development.

Plying the transfer market should only be a stopgap. If we are to get back to where we should be, we can't keep relying on players that other programs don't need or want.

Right now it is what it is. And what it is is a situation in which we can't be too proud to take transfers if we want to be any good.

We need to be Grad Transfer U. We are an attractive destination to spend a year.

It’s not a substitute for recruiting but it’s a supplement to make sure you always have mature, strong players at physical positions.

This is a very solid idea and one that our staff needs to hype up and promote. It can augment recruiting well when lose some battles in recruiting and depth is lacking.

Advertisement
I quick search didn't reveal much in the way of football highlights. What I found, though older, I included. I also included a couple of interviews.

Chigozie Nnoruka

Interview August 2018 - "that's the way you have to play defense: violent, assertive, in your face..."

Interview March 2018 preparing for new role

American River College Highlights from 2016 - Freshmen Year

Kennedy High School Sacramento, CA

If we're going UCLA I prefer the other guy, the offensive line grad transfer Justin Murphy. Just the type of physical nasty attitude we need to restore in the trenches.

I watch lots of Pac 12 football. Murphy was starting early season and looked dominant at times until he got hurt again. That's the problem. He is a 6th year guy due to several season ending knee injuries. But at least this time he was able to return at the end of the season, although obviously not 100%.

The defensive tackle grad transfer I might take a crack at is Eddie Zinn-Turner from Marist. Could be undervalued. His kid brother apparently has a similar wild man style and shot up the recruiting rankings very late this year, before signing with LSU.

Eddie played nose tackle for Marist. Loves to punctuate the tackles when he gets there. Funny well spoken kid, based on one video I watched.

We need to be Grad Transfer U. We are an attractive destination to spend a year.

It’s not a substitute for recruiting but it’s a supplement to make sure you always have mature, strong players at physical positions.
Butch was a mastermind at this when he was here. It wasn’t grad because rules were different but he Looked at jucos... Andrew Williams, Shockey, Mcdougle, etc. and he also would bring kids in on track scholarships and have em “walk-on” if weren’t enough scholarships. Ala Santana Moss. Helped build depth at positions until young bucks were ready

Advertisement
I'm sure we will be under 85 again this year so why not??? He wont be taking anybody elses spot.

Advertisement
If you have to rely on grad transfers to fill major holes, then you've failed in recruiting and development.

Plying the transfer market should only be a stopgap. If we are to get back to where we should be, we can't keep relying on players that other programs don't need or want.
How anyone gets downvoted for this? Hes telling the truth

Advertisement
Either they don't think it's true or can't deal with the truth. I just know we have to be way better than we've been recruiting and developing players.

Of course we do, but that’s irrelevant to this thread. We need bodies now, and this guy is talented. Put up very good numbers as s junior in a defense that is more similar to ours.

Advertisement
Back