JUCO 2024 Miami Offers 6'5 JUCO WR Leland Smith

Advertisement
I’m shocked no one has said put 20lbs on him and make him a TE.

CIS is really maturing.

but can he block??
Excited Ron Swanson GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If kids have a 4 year scholarship, you can’t just kick them off the team. You can encourage them to transfer for playing time, but if a player no longer cares about playing time because he shifted his priority and now he wants his degree, then you need to let him stay and get his degree.
The long and short is that it is not always a “choice” for the coaches.
Just a heads up, 4 year scholarships don’t exist. Every scholarship is on an annual basis when you sign financial aid agreements.

Looks faster and more athletic than colbie but doesn’t look as physical or have the hands colbie had just based on the juco tapes

Advertisement
"An athletic scholarship could also not be extended to the next year if you get injured (though getting redshirted is more common), if you get in trouble at school, if your grades suffer or if you’re not performing as well as expected and the coach wants to extend a scholarship to another athlete."

I don't love referring to players as dead weight - I don't think anyone really does. But roster management is a great discussion, so there are only a few ways to go about it, lol.
You have to think about it like this. There are a few players on the UM roster that have excellent opportunities to get more snaps at the FCS level. 😁

Advertisement
Back