JUCO 2024 Miami Offers 6'5 JUCO WR Leland Smith

"An athletic scholarship could also not be extended to the next year if you get injured (though getting redshirted is more common), if you get in trouble at school, if your grades suffer or if you’re not performing as well as expected and the coach wants to extend a scholarship to another athlete."
Coaches aren’t allowed to not extend the scholarship for athletic reasons at the Power5 level.

Advertisement
sounds like they use workarounds
There's always a workaround... No doubt... But they did add stuff to protect the scholly for the athlete... As well it does state that multi-year schollys do exist....
It's just the interpretation of how things are executed which leads to your point of workarounds...
In which case a I basically went right back to where I started... LOL!!!

Advertisement
Coaches aren’t allowed to not extend the scholarship for athletic reasons at the Power5 level.
It's more they can't revoke one for athletic performance... If you pick a guy and he flames out that's on the coach...

Let's see how would UGA tamper with Colbie? I have a good theory. Miami alum Ryan Williams is on UGAs staff. Colbie's NIL agent is Shawn O'Dare another Miami alum. Oh yes they played together at Miami. Always the alumni doing their school a solid!! Go Canes
To be fair golden did **** Ryan Williams over

They do .... found this...

I checked other sites as well that have similar info to it....
I literally have a financial aid agreement. It specifically says for the calendar year xxxx and an itemized breakdown of the amount. I also know plenty of people who lost scholarships at year end exit meetings. It happens all the time.

Advertisement
It's more they can't revoke one for athletic performance... If you pick a guy and he flames out that's on the coach...
Yeah, kids have to get in trouble with the school, not sure if that included with the law as well, be ruled ineligible, or “voluntarily quit”. Coach is stuck with em otherwise

I literally have a financial aid agreement. It specifically says for the calendar year xxxx and an itemized breakdown of the amount. I also know plenty of people who lost scholarships at year end exit meetings. It happens all the time.

You have P4 football scholarship??

Guess everyone else in FBS can do yearly

He can go to UGA and catch 20 balls next year. Guy picked the wrong team to try to elevate his draft stock
This right here and I have other people telling me UGA had an explosive offense. What year? They’re balanced and have better talent. Yet they don’t look like anything like OSU did against them in the playoffs last year.

Advertisement
Colbie Young is a one n done there n better than both guys brought in at this point.
Humnphreys has multiple years and Jackson isnt on Young's level.

Well WTF was that talent for us? He disappeared on us in quite a few games. Or was it TVD just targeting X?

Who is the #12 on the right? Anyone know.
JJ
wat-what.gif

Advertisement
P
You have P4 football scholarship??

Guess everyone else in FBS can do yearly
unless something has changed in the last few years since I graduated and signed mine. I have never seen or heard of anyone signing a FA agreement that has more than 1 calendar year listed. Athletic scholarships are renewable at the end of the year with coaches discretion. Each year you have to sign a new FA agreement while in school because tuition/fees change yearly. Nothing is guaranteed at the P4 level. It’s a business and coaches let that be known.

P

unless something has changed in the last few years since I graduated and signed mine. I have never seen or heard of anyone signing a FA agreement that has more than 1 calendar year listed. Athletic scholarships are renewable at the end of the year with coaches discretion. Each year you have to sign a new FA agreement while in school because tuition/fees change yearly.

As @Dhatguy pointed out, back in 2015 or so old P5 and ND passed rule that their scholarships are not yearly

Were you P5??

It says pretty clearly in what I posted that schollys can be G-teed for 4 years... It's been posted by others that the P5 conferences have had that for quite some time...

Advertisement
Back