JUCO 2024 Miami Offers 6'5 JUCO WR Leland Smith

Yep, they voted on it back in 2015. It’s 2024 now so how people still haven’t updated their knowledge on it is wild.

Power 5 (oops, 4) are NOT required to offer 4 year scholarships.

The rule: "Division I schools may provide student-athletes with multiyear scholarships ..." The option for all of Division I is "1 year" or "4 year"

Citation: NCAA Eligibility Center, 2023-24 Guide, at p. 28

Advertisement
STAT WISE...

AS FAR AS AN ACTUAL WR HE WAS BETTER THAN THE 2 WE KEPT IN MY OPINION.... UPSIDE WISE.

AND THE ONLY REASON HE WAS 3RD IN THAT WAS BECAUSE OF MISUSE. **** in 1 game alone i saw 2 or 3 miss td opportunities to this kid.

I thought dude reallyw as leaving for misuse and undestood, these other reasonings were caviats.

To let you know the value they have atw r.....He has been gone...and they have targeted a juco guy....and maybe 2 group of 5 types. They aint spending ANY nil money on wrs, they must of paid George and Restrepo to come back and the incoming guys got a bag
Let's see how much he's used at UGA...... It was about the cash.

Kirby brought in 2 other WR from the portal- London Humphreys and Michael Jackson Jr as well as 2 HS recruits at WR.

Power 5 (oops, 4) are NOT required to offer 4 year scholarships.

The rule: "Division I schools may provide student-athletes with multiyear scholarships ..." The option for all of Division I is "1 year" or "4 year"

Citation: NCAA Eligibility Center, 2023-24 Guide, at p. 28
The power 5 (oops, 4) voted 79-1 in 2015 during the ncaa annual convention in January that they would require 4 year scholarships. They chose to do so the NCAA didn’t require it. The conferences and schools made that decision. What part of that do you not understand?

If you need a citation: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dance-student-athletes-scholarships/21921073/

Google would be littered on the front page saying the same thing as well.

…and UGA is a place a WR goes to be used correctly? Lol
He was the 2nd WR they brought in in th portal.
Do you thi he got the NIL he was asking for? Dee said he we offered him $350 or $375k can’t remember but he wanted $500k. That isn’t “ain’t spending any nil on WRs”. And we had a massive deal ready for Jeremiah Smith
He cloutchasing/ band wagoning by going there...im with u. lol
I doubt they paid close to that...but there is a thing called the suck fee.

Let's see how much he's used at UGA...... It was about the cash.

Kirby brought in 2 other WR from the portal- London Humphreys and Michael Jackson Jr as well as 2 HS recruits at WR.
Colbie Young is a one n done there n better than both guys brought in at this point.
Humnphreys has multiple years and Jackson isnt on Young's level.

Advertisement
He cloutchasing/ band wagoning by going there...im with u. lol
I doubt they paid close to that...but there is a thing called the suck fee.
Yeah, but there is a difference in paying a suck fee and not willing to pay anything. We clearly were willing to pay for him and for Jeremiah Smith. I'm just saying not only do I not think he got what he was asking for, he probably got less than we offered, and he 100% will not produce at UGA as much as he did/would have produced here imo - even if you thought he was being a little misused. I'd have more faith in us using him properly than UGA.

I just think this staff feels confident at WR for the most part. We obviously don't have any stars right now, but we have a lot of good + talent that can be great. Plus they're extra confident going forward as 24 class develops and 25 class gets added which should probably be like the 24 DL class.
Like I said I'd have prefered to keep Colbie over jacolby lol. But Jacolby was more productive, and Restrepo while no stud, is an incredibly consistent and reliable college wr. He's exactly what you want in a slot guy basically just lacking speed - our Renfrow. But If Horton steps up, Robbie and Ray Ray develop, and you add the freshman we got - and I think WR is definitely a position Freshman can have a little impact... I feel we're fine without Colbie Young. His potential was pretty high, but oh well.

That's why I think the staff is only really looking to bring in a WR if they feel they're a real difference maker. We definitely don't need any Slot type period though. To me we go for a classic X WR (with speed) or nobody.

Are we in it for this guy? Looks good.
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Advertisement
Are we able to drop guys to pwo status and have an nil pay their tuition? Talking bout guys that never see the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last edited:
Are we able to drop guys to pwo status and have an nil pay their tuition? Talking bout guys that never see the field.
If they weren't recruited (in the OV and NLI sense I believe). So easier to do with Incoming transfers than HS kids.

Same reason a guy on track scholarship that plays here will count as football scholarship if he was "recruited".

Advertisement
Back