2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Nicholaus Iamaleava Jr. (Downey, CA)

If you are already in college and have established yourself as an expected top of the draft NFL player, why would you take the field without a big NIL deal at this point? How has it not become foolish with what this deal has established as the valuation of a top prospect to play without significant, multi million dollar assurances if you are CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Will Anderson etc?

Advertisement
Interesting. According to the ON 3 interview, the Canes came in second here behind Tennessee. “Oregon was viewed by some as Tennessee’s biggest competition, but Miami was actually the school Iamaleava said gave him a lot to think about. He was at Miami in January for the first time and planned to visit Coral Gables again, but he only plans to visit Knoxville moving forward."

Maybe we negotiated a bit here but it wasn't enough??????? Makes you wonder.

Interesting. According to the ON 3 interview, the Canes came in second here behind Tennessee. “Oregon was viewed by some as Tennessee’s biggest competition, but Miami was actually the school Iamaleava said gave him a lot to think about. He was at Miami in January for the first time and planned to visit Coral Gables again, but he only plans to visit Knoxville moving forward."

Maybe we negotiated a bit here but it wasn't enough??????? Makes you wonder.
tough to read that at first, supposedly coming in 2nd for a kid like that. but the positive I take away is Mario is making this place attractive and this class will show that when it’s all said n done

Advertisement
tough to read that at first, supposedly coming in 2nd for a kid like that. but the positive I take away is Mario is making this place attractive and this class will show that when it’s all said n done
Exactly. This is a 5 star kid from Cali who probably never even thought about Miami until Mario took the job. We won't get a ton of these types but we will get more than before and be involved.

Advertisement
He signed the NIL deal I assume so this one is over.
But he probably doesnt see the money until he signs the NLI.

I know we make the "Get the money then flip to another school" jokes but there is no way in this environment of million dollar deals that schools are getting played like that. Mr Nico gets that first deposit once he signs the NIL in Dec. (Or whenever) And not one day sooner to protect from any shenanigans.

Problem is, sounds like the NIL had stipulations in it that he wouldnt OV any other school but Tennessee. Sounds like Tennessee dotted all the I's and crossed all T's here.

The potential immediately start 35-40 games in a row before going to the NFL was the biggest draw, over the $, to Tennessee imo

I’d imagine playing for a head coach who won quarterback of the year would be enticing to most elite qbs

Sidebar, do people in california believe he is better than Malachi Nelson?

Last edited:
The potential immediately start 35-40 games in a row before going to the NFL was the biggest draw, over the $, to Tennessee imo

I’d imagine playing for a head coach who won quarterback of the year would be enticing to most elite qbs
The total package Tenn offered would be enticing for literally any QB. Possible immediate playing time, Huge NIL money, Very good offensive coach, QB friendly scheme, diehard fanbase. Definitely a lot to like if I'm Nico. IMO the whole living in Knoxville thing would kill it for me personally but hey, everyone's different.

Advertisement
The total package Tenn offered would be enticing for literally any QB. Possible immediate playing time, Huge NIL money, Very good offensive coach, QB friendly scheme, diehard fanbase. Definitely a lot to like if I'm Nico. IMO the whole living in Knoxville thing would kill it for me personally but hey, everyone's different.
All facts. I like that Oregon did not finish second. Nico grew up a big fan of that program and seems like Mario could have got him there. I want Dan Lanning’s tenure to go horribly.

Sidebar, do people in california believe he is better than Malachi Nelson?

This. Ultimately, we are at a disadvantage because we have the QB position covered (probably) for the next 2-3 years. Very few elite kids will want to sit that. Bama, Ole Miss, UTenn, USC, etc are all relatively "open".

What equates to a solid return on investment of 8 Mill? Simple answer is natty but since it’s tennesse I’m goi g to say playoff appearance.

They’re going to be highly disappointed

Advertisement
What equates to a solid return on investment of 8 Mill? Simple answer is natty but since it’s tennesse I’m goi g to say playoff appearance.

They’re going to be highly disappointed
Not sure how it can be measured either.

I’d say a ten win season would make a lot of folks over there happy . Other possibilities like Carnell Tate committing to Tennessee would account for ROI - even with whatever their collective pays Tate or other said recruits.

@WeBallinBoyz Tape from UConn. Some high throws, but pocket awareness, ball placement, and ability to extend plays make him special in this offense.

parks and recreation whats your point GIF

Advertisement
Back