2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Nicholaus Iamaleava Jr. (Downey, CA)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
$8 Million NIL deal congrats to the kid.
Let's see if Tennessee's Collective can follow that up with another 8M the following cycle for another 5 star quarterback.

You have to stack talent, and that can begin to get expensive.

Advertisement
Has he signed that NIL? If their was other schools I wanted to go to more, I would have shopped NIL deals with them on the down low. If one of those came in it $5-$6 mil. with a different contract, I might have taken that instead. I don't like that contract, but it is $8 million. I wish him well regardless.

Has he signed that NIL? If their was other schools I wanted to go to more, I would have shopped NIL deals with them on the down low. If one of those came in it $5-$6 mil. with a different contract, I might have taken that instead. I don't like that contract, but it is $8 million. I wish him well regardless.
There were some confusing notes on the (at the time unnamed) deal that Tennessee's Collective had put together. He signs with them and it puts him on a path to make up to $8M if all clauses are met. However he stops being paid the moment he transfers.

That makes sense. It is logical.

But what I was confused about was that per the terms of the deal, does he sign over his NIL rights to the Collective for his college career? Meaning, if he were to go to Alabama in Year 2 and become their starter for three years, he could sign millions of additional dollars in new NIL deals. However by terms of the agreement with the Tennessee Collective, any money he would get would instead go back to the Collective. So stay at Tennessee and get paid. Transfer to any other school and you have no chance of earning a single penny elsewhere.

Advertisement
going to play QB for Heupel (dc about spelling) is not a bad choice regardless

A high school QB is the least of my concerns in this new (transfer) era of college football. Sure, there will be a few Garcia’s who opt to stay and compete…. But most won’t be sitting more than a year before looking elsewhere.

Plenty of college ready QB talent available annually now…

If some dude balls more than he does he’s gonna want more money.
By default he better be the best qb for 3 years or other dudes are gonna cash out more than he did

He basically set the floor by signing imo. I doubt it would be easy to restructure later on.

Advertisement
Back