2023 Miami offers 2023 five-star QB Dante Moore (Detroit, MI)

Advertisement
Some of y'all are down on the kid or not as excited for him as others.

Why? He is a legit prospect.
Because he is from Michigan and that state doesnt usually produce great QBs and he not only got showed up but outright didn't look great in that 7v7 tourney back in January. I agree he is a legit prospect and would be happy to land him but those are the real reasons. His stats for his junior year are elite and his tape is pretty **** good.

Because he is from Michigan and that state doesnt usually produce great QBs and he not only got showed up but outright didn't look great in that 7v7 tourney back in January. I agree he is a legit prospect and would be happy to land him but those are the real reasons. His stats for his junior year are elite and his tape is pretty **** good.
So what I'm hearing is some folks value 7v7 performance over actual game performance. Gotcha!

Was listening to the Miami Flo guy this week and he made similar points. Apparently, a couple of the higher rated guys are “interested” (take that for what it’s worth) but a bit scared off by the QB room.
img_1_1647895907206.jpg

Advertisement
He’s a solid quarterback from a really good football school. Detroit kings plays good football teams and produce a lot of d1 talent. He’s not Miami’s best option but nobody will have to worry about him coming to Miami he’s going to Michigan.

Advertisement
He’s a solid quarterback from a really good football school. Detroit kings plays good football teams and produce a lot of d1 talent. He’s not Miami’s best option but nobody will have to worry about him coming to Miami he’s going to Michigan.
Solid? Sheesh. LOL. So do you think that 5* ranking is a little overrated?

Solid? Sheesh. LOL. So do you think that 5* ranking is a little overrated?
No I think he’s a 5 star if you want to go by stars, i just think rashada would be a better fit and better qb right now. I say solid like he’s a legit solid 5 star I just would prefer and IMO rashada but he can sling it and and smart.

Advertisement
He’s tough as nails and can understand coverages he’s a high football iq kid. I like him a lot, he’s just not coming here as of right now and with Miami and Mario’s momentum I’d go after Rashada hard or try and flip Jackson Arnold
The film shows a smart pocket passer and as you said, he plays for a quality program. Wilfong also said the Holstein kid is looking at us and now Rivals has Rashada visiting soon.

The film shows a smart pocket passer and as you said, he plays for a quality program. Wilfong also said the Holstein kid is looking at us and now Rivals has Rashada visiting soon.
Well said, ya he can read a defense and make a throw in a tight spot. I know he didn’t have a great day throwing when he was down in Miami for the tournament but that sample size for viewing isn’t fair he’s a smart, tough, accurate qb . That’s good news if he’s visiting would be a huge get from the California will be a tough pull

Advertisement
Allen Trieu with 247:

-Detroit (Mich.) King five-star quarterback Dante Moore tells 247Sports he'll be back at Miami this weekend for another look at the Hurricanes. This is his third time in Coral Gables this calendar year.

Moore has built some strong relationships with the Miami staff.

“You know how me and Coach Gattis are very close," Moore told Inside The U's Gaby Urrutia following his last visit. "We talk to each other a lot. Coach [Frank] Ponce, it was my first time meeting him. We talk on the phone a lot. We went over a little bit of football and about life. It was a great visit.

“When [Gattis] was at Michigan, just going up there - I’ve been up there a million times,” Moore added. “Especially me being a young kid going up there. Every time I was up there we just joked around and watched a little ball. He’s a cool guy, smart guy. He’s always joking and laughing. When he took this job, I was shocked that he left Michigan. But I knew it was a great job because the way Coach (Mario) Cristobal is building this staff, it’s incredible. It’s probably one of the best staffs in the country for sure. He knows what he’s doing.”

It shouldn't come as a surprise Moore is back on campus.

“Me getting back here within two months was great," Moore told Urruitia. "This is a school I’m always going to have in my top schools. It’s a great staff, great environment, great football team, and I know that what they’re doing is going to be very successful down the road. This is a top school I’m looking into."

Advertisement
Back