Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

Advertisement
So Wilson was back on FSU campus for a visit today. Here's some notes from their 247 board - most interesting part: he says he may be making a decision sooner than he thought. This coming off that LSU visit. Also noted he may give FSU an OV for the ND game. He's scheduled to take an OV this weekend to TAMU.

A highlight of his time in town was his one-on-one conversation with the head man Norvell himself.

“Yessir I got a chance to speak with coach Norvell today,” he noted. “Me and him had a great conversation about how he sees the program thriving in the next few years.”

Another interaction Wilson enjoyed was chopping it up with his potential future position coach in Woodson. The two have a tight bond that stretches outside the realm of football.

“Coach Woodson, he’s a great dude,” Wilson explained. “Me and him have a relationship that’s deeper than football. I know he can definitely develop me at the highest level as well.”

Another selling point for FSU with Wilson is five-star cornerback commit Travis Hunter, who Wilson is very familiar with. Hunter has been in his ear constantly about joining him at FSU.

“Oh yeah you know Travis is a recruiter,” he laughed. “He’s a Florida State recruiter. He’s basically an alumni right now.

The appeal for Wilson to potentially squad up with Hunter as well as Sam McCall, the other five-star FSU defensive back pledge, is something that has crossed his mind more than once.

“I always want to play around the best players and Travis and Sam McCall are most definitely some of the best players in the nation,” Wilson pointed out. “I would love to get to play with them so we all just be talking about how we could play together at the next level.”

Having the opportunity to potentially form that talented of a defensive back class in the Garnet and Gold reminds Wilson of a time where FSU’s DB unit was among the nation’s best.

“It kind of makes me think about how Jalen Ramsey’s class was and how they had many great DBs and how we could really bring that back, that atmosphere,” he said. “It would just be crazy because Florida State would be back at it again because they really build off DBs.”

After a few hours on campus, unofficially, today, the ‘Noles looked to have improved their standing with the talented Florida native.

“Yessir, most definitely they improved their standing today,” Wilson stated. “I could really tell that the coaches were honest and how they coach is the way I like to be coached, hard.”

FSU makes up a top six list of schools for Wilson along with LSU, Miami, Florida, Texas A&M and Georgia. A college decision could be not far off for the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder.

“After today, they’re in my top six,” Wilson said of FSU. “I’m probably going to be making my decision sooner than I thought so we’ll just have to see.”

LSU has already scored an official visit with Wilson this summer and he’ll finish June on an official visit to Texas A&M. He claims he could get back to FSU for an in-season trip.

“I’m going to try and take an official here for the first game, Notre Dame,” Wilson noted.

Advertisement
He's a Monte man? I love a #2.
Side note, Cigar Aficionado interviewed ER about cigars, his time at Miami as a player and now a Coach. He’s a Plasencia guy. Worth the read even if you’re not into cigars.

Advertisement
Side note, Cigar Aficionado interviewed ER about cigars, his time at Miami as a player and now a Coach. He’s a Plasencia guy. Worth the read even if you’re not into cigars.

Thanks for posting. The publisher, Marvin Shanken is a shamless Canes fan (UM grad). Reps the Canes all the time in the magazine.

A little random but I literally woke up from a sleep 20 minutes ago and randomly saw Under Armour Future 50 Football Camp that's currently on ESPNU and Kamari Wilson got a spotlight for dominating and he says he models his game after ST26 and Ed Reed. My point? It may not help us but there's no way he hasn't visualized himself being compared to both in college

A little random but I literally woke up from a sleep 20 minutes ago and randomly saw Under Armour Future 50 Football Camp that's currently on ESPNU and Kamari Wilson got a spotlight for dominating and he says he models his game after ST26 and Ed Reed. My point? It may not help us but there's no way he hasn't visualized himself being compared to both in college
Kirby will sell him on being the next Sean Taylor, at UGA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back