Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

Ivins spoke to Wilson at UnderARmour event, too. Staff really working behind the scenes - Wilson was on campus for TWO days...

Wilson fresh off a long road trip where he saw a number of schools. Made it seem like he enjoyed Miami this most. He was actually there for two days. Tells me he’s taking an ov to LSU on June 18. Texas A&M gets one on the 25th.
:rickflair2:

Advertisement
Ivins spoke to Wilson at UnderARmour event, too. Staff really working behind the scenes - Wilson was on campus for TWO days...

Wilson fresh off a long road trip where he saw a number of schools. Made it seem like he enjoyed Miami this most. He was actually there for two days. Tells me he’s taking an ov to LSU on June 18. Texas A&M gets one on the 25th.
T-Rob has taken recruiting to another level with this staff.

1) no one said the doors were open

2) it’s football. Kid wasn’t embarrassed and he moved on

My point, knowingly, is that what a coach presents to the media and public is almost always very different than what happens behind closed doors. Much of the evidence presented in this thread and elsewhere by others validates that.

Advertisement
My point, knowingly, is that what a coach presents to the media and public is almost always very different than what happens behind closed doors. Much of the evidence presented in this thread and elsewhere by others validates that.
Agreed, but regardless of what happens behind closed doors, playing time is a great indicator of either what the coaches are saying or how the player is receiving it.

Advertisement
Do you really think Banda out recruits UGA with regular visits? I have a hard time seeing him do it. I could be wrong but I don’t see it.
He may not have outrecruited them in regular visits but I'll say it again if you're not all in for UGA Kirby will make you want to transfer

Do you really think Banda out recruits UGA with regular visits? I have a hard time seeing him do it. I could be wrong but I don’t see it.
You can shift the argument and throw out whatever hypotheticals you want. Fact is, Banda already went toe to toe with Georgia for a 5 star safety snd won. The year before he did it against Florida for another one as well

You can shift the argument and throw out whatever hypotheticals you want. Fact is, Banda already went toe to toe with Georgia for a 5 star safety snd won. The year before he did it against Florida for another one as well
It's tough to draw any conclusions because each situation is different. It mostly depends on the player and his camp, but also the ability of the recruiter. Regardless, you win some and you lose some. Groundbreaking right!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think you can discount the relationship Manny had with James Williams for years. Banda may have been the recruiter of record but Manny had to be a big part. And Ed Reed, too...
I don’t think it gets mentioned enough, but the emphasis Richt and his staff put into relationship building in So. Florida has been key for us. It’s been 5-6 years since Diaz has been in contact with some of the top talent and that’s leading to better results.

I’m not saying he didn’t. Banda was easily the best defensive recruiter the last 3 seasons. My point is I’m not sold he would be better than T-Rob against UGA. Just because he landed Williams doesn’t mean he’d land Wilson. It’s not a slight against Banda. I personally feel like this recruitment would be different if he was still here.

Advertisement
Back