Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

T-Rob in that class of recruiter bra. We finally, got ourselves a competitor. Been a looooong looooong time, but staff overall best we've had on the trail in 20+ years.
Y'all know I don't believe in Manny I dig at him...I want him to be great and willing to wait two seasons. Other than that the staff he has put together is high IQ type ****....he knows what UM needs and has learned that aspect of the game and he made the changes. Kudos to him I hope they stack and he does his thing. Top to bottom it's our best staff overall in a long time.

Advertisement
Y'all know I don't believe in Manny I dig at him...I want him to be great and willing to wait two seasons. Other than that the staff he has put together is high IQ type ****....he knows what UM needs and has learned that aspect of the game and he made the changes. Kudos to him I hope they stack and he does his thing. Top to bottom it's our best staff overall in a long time.
Uh oh we got this man drinking the Kool-Aid.......15-0 here we come :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The main hurdle left for MD is properly game planning for opponents and keeping the players engaged from games 1-12. My concern with Manny is he seems too worried about pleasing and being liked by his players, a certain level of discipline is necessary at all times to effectively manage the program. If the players don't fear you they can't fully respect you or consequences for poor play/behavior.

Uh oh we got this man drinking the Kool-Aid.......15-0 here we come :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I know I will bytch n moan week 1 but Im trying to ready myself for that *** whoopin that will get me upset. But I understand losing to this dynasty Saban has built, I mean everyone has basically lost to them. I dont want 1 year T Rob rentals so Im willing to sacrifice a year for Manny to keep those guys on staff.

The main hurdle left for MD is properly game planning for opponents and keeping the players engaged from games 1-12. My concern with Manny is he seems too worried about pleasing and being liked by his players, a certain level of discipline is necessary at all times to effectively manage the program. If the players don't fear you they can't fully respect you or consequences for poor play/behavior.
Some of this I think comes once the results come. People then tend to listen. Game planning and management, yes agree improvement is needed but thats what you get with a first time head coach. Remember when he was d coordinator and there were numerous times the D came out flat, he would make changes at half time and they looked like a different team. I got tired of it last year where we kept hearing "they did stuff today that they didn't show on tape"

But remember when he told Cam after a soft run of no gain on third and 1 that we wasted a scholarship on him and he should be at FIU? I don't think he is as friendly as people think, he talks a good game (politician's son) but when/if he gets the ball rolling I think we will see what we perceive as more discipline.

Advertisement
Some of this I think comes once the results come. People then tend to listen. Game planning and management, yes agree improvement is needed but thats what you get with a first time head coach. Remember when he was d coordinator and there were numerous times the D came out flat, he would make changes at half time and they looked like a different team. I got tired of it last year where we kept hearing "they did stuff today that they didn't show on tape"

But remember when he told Cam after a soft run of no gain on third and 1 that we wasted a scholarship on him and he should be at FIU? I don't think he is as friendly as people think, he talks a good game (politician's son) but when/if he gets the ball rolling I think we will see what we perceive as more discipline.
I think Shoop can make the difference game planning for defense and I hope you're right about him being tougher behind the scenes. We definitely had to be understanding of rookie HC growing pains and he's done a decent job making changes/adjustments when necessary. This year is a big opportunity for him to showcase his growth as a coach.

It looks like kids actually enjoy it where as N. Harris rb at bama wanted to commit suicide while he was at bama.
We gotta get back to being these kids "business decisions" because we have that clear cut advantage over alot of schools with the family feel and atmosphere that dates back fuggin 5+ decades worth of alumni.

There isn't a single school that would ever consistently come close to touching miami if we had the backdoor networks Bama and others have with the ncaa lol

We gotta get back to being these kids "business decisions" because we have that clear cut advantage over alot of schools with the family feel and atmosphere that dates back fuggin 5+ decades worth of alumni.

There isn't a single school that would ever consistently come close to touching miami if we had the backdoor networks Bama and others have with the ncaa lol
Once we become the business decision it will be the day Miami takes over CFB because we have everything else

All it takes is 1 seasons because we still are basically top 10 in getting kids into the NFL, we actually have the place kids want to go to and actually continue to come back after college and local kids who actually have that local pride want to be great here. It's all about that 1 big season with a playoff run and then it turns around

Advertisement

I have personally heard Manny give the most specifically-worded and personal insult I have ever heard in my life to a player back in 2018.

He has it in him for sure but I think as HC he has some of his dad’s diplomacy side showing more than anything.

I know the thought process is we will only sign in the high teens and save the rest for transfers but if 2 studs want in regardless of position, I think you have to take them. The safety room is stacked but odds are there will be attrition through Xers and NFL draft.
This. We've done so much better on the trail the past two cycles and if things continue, we will close strong for '22. That said, I don't think we need to reserve so many spots for transfers each year. That should be in our rear view mirror.

Our roster is almost there - almost stacked at every position with good talent, so I think we don't need to go after more than two maybe three portalers each year.

If you're recruiting the way you should, you don't need to rely on the portal. Two a year going forward and load up on quality high school recruits.

Advertisement
Agreed. And if he's not going to be the up in your *** disciplinarian, then he needs to make **** sure his staff is full of alphas that demand respect and instill discipline at all times. Can't have a staff full of Blake Bakers who just passively watch their guys trot out, give half *** effort and play uninspired, unfocused football and not snatch up some face masks.

I have personally heard Manny give the most specifically-worded and personal insult I have ever heard in my life to a player back in 2018.

He has it in him for sure but I think as HC he has some of his dad’s diplomacy side showing more than anything.

You don't embarrass a kid publicly. That's for the locker room. Tearing a kid up for all to see is bush league. Closed doors.

He’s done everything he can, and as you said, knew and knows what needs to be done. Question is, can he fully execute. Like a great trial lawyer, Johnny Cochran in his day and a decent one. Johnny could execute, the decent one knew what he needed to do, but couldn’t always do it. Can manny do it? That’s the question.

Advertisement
He’s done everything he can, and as you said, knew and knows what needs to be done. Question is, can he fully execute. Like a great trial lawyer, Johnny Cochran in his day and a decent one. Johnny could execute, the decent one knew what he needed to do, but couldn’t always do it. Can manny do it? That’s the question.
Yea he built the staff now he needs to be able to lock in top talent. Can't let bama pluck guys.....until bama gets put in check it will be an uphill battle. Bamas goal is to beat us by a big margin....if we lose a close one bama loses a bit of that sfla grip.

Ivins spoke to Wilson at UnderARmour event, too. Staff really working behind the scenes - Wilson was on campus for TWO days...

Wilson fresh off a long road trip where he saw a number of schools. Made it seem like he enjoyed Miami this most. He was actually there for two days. Tells me he’s taking an ov to LSU on June 18. Texas A&M gets one on the 25th.

Advertisement
Back