Miami offers 2022 DB Kamari Wilson

Advertisement
We are definitely putting full court press on this kid with TRob and apparently Manny doing the recruiting. Got some major crooters to work against - Raymond, Sunseri, and I'm sure UGA has some bagmen tied to him.
T-Rob in that class of recruiter bra. We finally, got ourselves a competitor. Been a looooong looooong time, but staff overall best we've had on the trail in 20+ years.

Advertisement
Any way we take him And Markeith Williams? Can’t see us taking 2 safeties with what we have in the safety room already

I know the thought process is we will only sign in the high teens and save the rest for transfers but if 2 studs want in regardless of position, I think you have to take them. The safety room is stacked but odds are there will be attrition through Xers and NFL draft.

Any way we take him And Markeith Williams? Can’t see us taking 2 safeties with what we have in the safety room already
I know the thought process is we will only sign in the high teens and save the rest for transfers but if 2 studs want in regardless of position, I think you have to take them. The safety room is stacked but odds are there will be attrition through Xers and NFL draft.
Agreed, my thoughts as well. I think you take both and if that means no striker or 1 less LB or CB in this class then so be it. Stack talent.

Agreed, my thoughts as well. I think you take both and if that means no striker or 1 less LB or CB in this class then so be it. Stack talent.

I don't think taking 2 safeties necessarily means we need to take less at another position, it probably means we take 1 less transfer which I don't mind because you don't know what the portal will bring you. Wherever the talent is, you take it when it's available.

Advertisement
I don't think taking 2 safeties necessarily means we need to take less at another position, it probably means we take 1 less transfer which I don't mind because you don't know what the portal will bring you. Wherever the talent is, you take it when it's available.
Agree. With the blow-up of the portal I think it should be used as a fill gap for spots you missed, not reserved for passing on quality guys. No more taking the Tyric Martin, Tre Johnson, Jeff James', terrence Henley, James Kings of the world just to have a body to fill out the class at the last minute if we missed on our targets.

When the elite talent are there and all you have to do is just have to grab them you do it and worry about the rest later because that's what the elite schools do when they have a plan

I think you take both. You never know who might jump ship last minute and you don’t want to be left holding your d*ck. If they both stick, great the S room is that much deeper.

Advertisement

Agree and given that we have JWill and AWill coming in, I won't be surprised if coaches are making him the only safety in this class. Just a thought.

I think you take both. You never know who might jump ship last minute and you don’t want to be left holding your d*ck. If they both stick, great the S room is that much deeper.
Agreed. We also lose 3 safeties this year. Bolden, Hall and Carter (I know reports saying he is striker but he is still S on the roster and i have no doubt he will get some burn there)

Leaves us a room with Tae, J williams, Balom, Kinchens, Washington, Maybe Harrell depending on where he fits in. So we lost 3 and replace with 2, math checks out.

Advertisement
Especially 5* talent! That type of talent (without baggage) is exceedingly rare in the portal.

Advertisement
Back