Miami offers 2018 RB Camron Davis (Carol City)

This kid was my favorite player in Dade County this year...this kid is ******* awesome. As good as any back to come through Dade in the past half decade or more. Absolute savage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Despite Coach Hill being a former Gate, he's not anti UM, so we don't really have to worry too much about that staff trying to keep kids away from our program.

A lot of the upcoming CC kids really love the Canes, in fact most City kids in Dade do... It's them Broward boys & the "good" School kids that constantly disrespect & troll us lol...

This kid was my favorite player in Dade County this year...this kid is ******* awesome. As good as any back to come through Dade in the past half decade or more. Absolute savage.

You saying this guy is as good as Dalvin? That is high praise, extremely high praise...

Said it earlier in this thread, kid is my favorite back for the 2018 cycle.

He has everything that a U back should possess. Speed, vision, toughness, power and he's from MCC.

I hope we don't play games by holding his commit up if he wants in because the coaches might be waiting on Lingard or Cook. That would be a COLOSSAL **** up. Don't wanna see us left with our dikk in our hand again.

Advertisement
Kid is a nice #2 back, and gotta take him being from C.C....But not in the same category as Lingard, Curry, and Cook imo...A definite take though.

Kid is a nice #2 back, and gotta take him being from C.C....But not in the same category as Lingard, Curry, and Cook imo...A definite take though.

I would put Lingard above them all, with Cook, Curry, Davis about on the same level. I dont see Cook as highly as some of you guys...Curry is a different back because he can be what we wanted Gus Edwards to be, which is why i feel like Lingard or Davis along with Curry would be our best case scenario

Don't get me wrong, I think Cook is a great back, but i just dont think he is going to be as huge of a game changer that his brother was. I always thought Nayquan was the better back of the 2 when they were both 19'

Don't get me wrong, I think Cook is a great back, but i just dont think he is going to be as huge of a game changer that his brother was. I always thought Nayquan was the better back of the 2 when they were both 19'

I think Cook is underrated...I keep hearing everyone saying overrated, I think he's underrated...Best RB instincts of em all, from what I've seen on tape

Advertisement

I think Cook is underrated...I keep hearing everyone saying overrated, I think he's underrated...Best RB instincts of em all, from what I've seen on tape

If he is anything like his brother, his best attribute will be speed

Have any Carol City players spurned the U before?

Willie Jones and a few others that went to FSU. Bradley Jennings, Donald Heaven

I'm talking post Cold War here.

Until last year, carol city hasn't been a powerhouse since they lost the state semi-final to killian in 2004. The only players worth taking since then: Moncur, Sands, Hurns, Choc, an the corner that went South Carolina. I think some of the good miramar teams had players that would normally go to carol city. Stedman Bailey went to Carol City as a freshman, IIRC.

Last edited:

Also, i hate to put the team on James back, but think about it this way.

Dalvin carried FSU to most of their wins.
Dalvin/Yearby no **** carried Central to a state champ.
Duke Johnson had no defense at Miami, but when he was in high school his defense was decent enough that he carried Norland to back to back state appearances, and their first State win since 2002. Dont think we've made it past the 3rd round since Duke Graduated.
CC offense isnt that good but yet Cam/Nayquan carried the offense to state and a state win off the back of a dominant defense this year.
Central on the other hand missed out on the playoffs...while Northwestern's QB was the one that carried the West back to relevancy this year.
At this point comparing James to Dalvin is like comparing Kaaya to Winston....but he still has another year to prove that he is elite enough to carry an offense in Dade County when the team has no other options.

Advertisement
Davis looks like a take, but I'd rank them like this:

1) Lingard - looks like the full package. 5 star

2) Cook - He doesn't have the strength/physicality/explosion of Dalvin. To me, he looks more like a faster version Yearby than he does Dalvin. But it'll probably be 10 years before someone out of South Florida is on the level of Dalvin. 4 star

3) Davis - something's missing for me. He's breaking big runs in his highlights, but his stats are pretty bad. He looks like mostly a straight line runner. Good speed, good size, decent power, not many moves or change of direction ability. Good, well rounded RB - just not great in any one area. Wright appears to be an obvious level above Davis playing in the same backfield. Mid to High 3 Star

Advertisement
Back