Miami Offense Ahead of Expectations

Advertisement
Offense ahead of expectations = defense behind expectations
Our defense is going to regress this year. Losing two four year starters at linebacker and a top 5 pick will have an impact. I still think we will be good, but not dominant. If the offense can be top 40 in scoring (~31 ppg) and we can be opportunistic on D, we will win most of our games

Our defense is going to regress this year. Losing two four year starters at linebacker and a top 5 pick will have an impact. I still think we will be good, but not dominant. If the offense can be top 40 in scoring (~31 ppg) and we can be opportunistic on D, we will win most of our games
I'm expecting outstanding 2ndary play. I'm not sure 15 will be missed as much as he might have been in years past. LB is a concern but guys have looked okay there.

Advertisement

face palm GIF

I do not think this is the case.

We finally have an elite QB , an elite offensive mind, an OL that seems to be competent and two of the best Freshmen RBs in the nation.

We have to be optimistic about the offense. The Defense is going to be solid as it usually is. And may be even better now that they know the Offense will probably cash in on their turnovers at a better rate.

Advertisement
Were better and more experience on the DL and secondary, but because we are a little inexperience in the LB position the defense will regress?

Advertisement

I got killed on here for saying this last week. I don’t think people understand regression. They take it as we’re going to suck, which isn’t the case.

Feels good to have the offense ahead of the defense for a change.

DL is an issue with eight first or second year players out of thirteen defensive linemen.
LB is an issue with new starters and overall lack of experience.
DB is an issue with new starters at CB, striker, safety.

10 of the top 15 leaders in tackles are no longer here.

Many of these guys weren't super athletic but from an experience standpoint we lost a lot of good men out there:

Rousseau - DE1
Quarterman - LB1
Garvin - DE2
Finley - ST1
Bandy - CB1
Pinckney - LB2
Bethel - DT1
Knowles - FS1
Patchan - DE3
Hill - DE4
Nnoruka - DT4

Last edited:
Advertisement

The Top 5 pick didn’t even start until midseason

Feels good to have the offense ahead of the defense for a change.

DL is an issue with eight first or second year players out of thirteen defensive linemen.
LB is an issue with new starters and overall lack of experience.
DB is an issue with new starters at CB, striker, safety.

10 of the top 15 leaders in tackles are no longer here.

Many of these guys weren't super athletic but from an experience standpoint we lost a lot of good men out there:

Rousseau - DE1
Quarterman - LB1
Garvin - DE2
Finley - ST1
Bandy - CB1
Pinckney - LB2
Bethel - DT1
Knowles - FS1
Patchan - DE3
Hill - DE4
Nnoruka - DT4
We lost our top 4 DE, sheesh..