Miami Northwestern LB Brooks chooses Miami on visit: “I’ll dominate that 4-3 defense in the ACC”

Advertisement
Limited Jr. clips and he looks like a different player compared to the Soph. highlights where he's physically underdeveloped and doesn't show many traits that would translate to college. Will have to wait for this season to get a clean evaluation.

I value your football knowledge and enjoy your input, but I gotta disagree with you here. Is your assessment largely because you see him almost exclusively rushing the passer, which is just a minor part of what his role at the college level will be?

Advertisement
Fully expect this kid to have a "Willie Williams" type Sr year this year. Anything less and I am disappointed. He has the ability and the motivation now. Great get for us this early in the process. And WOW @ the bravado! I love it!

Certainly love his confidence. Is he projected to play linebacker in college or DE? His highlights are pretty much just him rushing the passer.

Last edited:
Speaks in third person - check
****y ************ - check
Refers to his play as killing someone - check

Ring of Honor and NFL HOF lock

Came in to say this.

Mentioned Dominate & Murder in the same story. 5 star in my book.

Advertisement
scares the **** out of you? what kind of ghey soft shouldered crap is this? get ahold of yourself.

Love the attitude.Hope he becomes one of the ambassadors for this class.....which is turning into a monster by the way.

"I’m just gonna focus on the fall and kill everything and everybody my senior year.”

kid is giving me Nate Webster flashbacks

:4e49c5euykr1o.jpg:

Advertisement
This kid is the real deal, I don't care what his star ranking is, Sam is truly one of the best prospects in the state of FL!!

His attitude and confidence reminds me of another fellow South Florida stud, Nasty Nesta.. These are the type of SoFla savages we want on this Miami team, we don't want the pretty boy nice guy studs!!

With Sam it's genuine too, he's not just puffin his chest out he really carries himself with that attitude.

He's always been a straight baller & he is the absolute undoubted leader on that MNW team, they all look up to him as the man. Last year in the State title game Sam obviously wasn't able to play but his teammate Demetreius Mayes wore his number to pay homage to Sam & represent for him. Mayes ended up signing with UCF but that speaks volumes to the type of kid Sam is & the respect his teammates have for him.

I agree.. When he got hurt on national TV, just seeing the vibe of the team, you could tell they wasn't worried about playing anymore, they was all coming up to him on the sideline checking on him!!

Advertisement
I value your football knowledge and enjoy your input, but I gotta disagree with you here. Is your assessment largely because you see him almost exclusively rushing the passer, which is just a minor part of what his role at the college level will be?

What I said is what I mean. Those grainy Soph highlights don't show any traits that translate to the next level, but there's nothing alarming about a 15/16 year old not reaching physical maturity.

I evaluate what I see (and don't see). What I saw is an extremely undersized edge rusher who doesn't show burst off the line, is late to react to the snap and diagnose plays, doesn't use his hands effectively as a pass rusher, doesn't display much physicality or explosive power on contact. So there's nothing to suggest his HS role will translate to college and he's a total projection as an off-ball LB. I've never bought into the HS production angle because players succeed/fail based on traits. I was told Ray Lewis III, Trayone Gray, Charles Perry, etc. were good prospects just because they were productive. I like DJ Ivey because of his length and agility but some have overhyped him a bit because he had some INTs gifted his way.

Anyways, the limited clips of him the next year show a much more physically developed player who is more explosive in his lower-half and more physical with his hands. That player is intriguing, hence why I look forward to monitoring his progress this season. But don't let that deter the hivemind (who read the article and don't watch the video) from downvoting a reasoned take and alienating one of the few posters on this site willing to do critical, thoughtful analysis. I can always keep my opinions to myself as I did for years previously.

What I said is what I mean. Those grainy Soph highlights don't show any traits that translate to the next level, but there's nothing alarming about a 15/16 year old not reaching physical maturity.

I evaluate what I see (and don't see). What I saw is an extremely undersized edge rusher who doesn't show burst off the line, is late to react to the snap and diagnose plays, doesn't use his hands effectively as a pass rusher, doesn't display much physicality or explosive power on contact. So there's nothing to suggest his HS role will translate to college and he's a total projection as an off-ball LB. I've never bought into the HS production angle because players succeed/fail based on traits. I was told Ray Lewis III, Trayone Gray, Charles Perry, etc. were good prospects just because they were productive. I like DJ Ivey because of his length and agility but some have overhyped him a bit because he had some INTs gifted his way.

Anyways, the limited clips of him the next year show a much more physically developed player who is more explosive in his lower-half and more physical with his hands. That player is intriguing, hence why I look forward to monitoring his progress this season. But don't let that deter the hivemind (who read the article and don't watch the video) from downvoting a reasoned take and alienating one of the few posters on this site willing to do critical, thoughtful analysis. I can always keep my opinions to myself as I did for years previously.

Shut the **** up dude.

Go watch the Carol city game on the Watch ESPN app. He was all over the field before his injury.

I hope not. Just have to accept that it is a fan site, people down vote a non homer slant, or for no reason other than they disagree without so much as offering a response. But people that can read a reasonable take on something that isn't wearing orange and green glasses on top of orange and green glasses appreciate it.

Advertisement
Back