Miami Northwestern In trouble

Advertisement
I refuse to believe he's that stupid. Maybe that's an old pic?

There's no way anybody with a brain would think that this was a good idea and that it wouldn't be reported. Every high-profile program has cross-town rivals just waiting for them to slip up. You can't get away with anything like this, especially during a fvckin' pandemic.

brah mnw is on 71st...their practice field is clearly visible from 71st. I seen the picture when it initially went online 2 weeks before it became a story and i shook my head then.

I dont know how or why anyone that is a coach would think its a good idea...if it was kids i get it..because these kid have continued to workout ,etc...but i dont think any teams in south florida have had nay situation like a real sanctoned practice....alot of these dudes are THAT bored.

Hoya, a couple of thoughts here. First, if true, then I agree this was a calous behavior by both the coach and players. Subsqquent action should be taken against both the coaches participating and the players. HOWEVER, do we know these photos were shot during the COVID outbreak? Could they have been taken last year or just before the lockdown? It's not beyond the sick minds of competing schools to manufacture fake news. Just my thoughts.

For the sake of stirring **** on the internet you're right. But it's easy to find out when a pic was really taken. If you're going to suspend or fire an employee it should be your responsibility to ensure that you have that information first

Ok let’s be real. Having kids in a huddle like that is not responsible. When they are bunched up then just one guy can spread it to multiple others. Next thing you know a couple parents in critical condition. Not cool.
Maybe adjust the practice to the times. People standing apart...

This virus has nothing to do with ppl being less than “6 feet” apart... when has that ever been the case for any virus??

Advertisement
If your football team ain’t finding some way to practice then there’s a great chance your football team ain’t ****.
"Finding some way" is the key phrase. This wasn't it chief.

Everyone will ***** & moan if there isnt a football season. BS like this is what prevents a season from happening. I'm cool with coming together to practice, but he should have considered a better way to do it. Those young ken go home to adults & some may not be strong enough to survive.

Guarantee after week one, if there is a huge spike in cases, the season likely gets cancelled.

"Finding some way" is the key phrase. This wasn't it chief.

Everyone will ***** & moan if there isnt a football season. BS like this is what prevents a season from happening. I'm cool with coming together to practice, but he should have considered a better way to do it. Those young ken go home to adults & some may not be strong enough to survive.

Guarantee after week one, if there is a huge spike in cases, the season likely gets cancelled.

I'll be surprised if I have to worry about that where I'm at, but maybe so.

Advertisement
Miami Northwestern is not the only school doing it (allegedly) nor is FL the only state:

So is this the new norm, everytime we get a flu or a virus we shutting down every thing. Lets see kids did half year of schooling ( probably brain dead by now) but the school board in there infinite wisdom told them they would all graduate, and no testing required. After that brilliant move a large % of kids basically signed off and the schools have no idea what is going on. There is mounting evidence that kids are starting to shows signs of depression, anxiety, and other symptons cause of this lockdown that is not healthy for anyone. Domestic abuse going up, alcohol, drug use on the rise, and the nonsense continues. The best part is those ordering us to stay at homes are the first ones that are breaking their own rules. Open up the camps its healthy for kids to get out an exercise, compete and be with there friends : AAU, basketball, football, Baseball camps are good, if you don't feel safe going then stay your butt at home. This whole ridiculous process was to assured that hospitals would have plenty of space, well we now know they do, as there are a bunch of nurses, and doctors been furlough and lay off. This has been the biggest clusterf*ck ever, **** even the Europeans have opened their schools.

It’s all about liability. I kid gets sick, takes it home to grandma and she dies. Everybody would be ****ed
Have you been to the supermarket lately, i go to Publix I walk right netx to people all the time, let people make their own decisions. The kid and grandma know the .0000034% risk they have of dying, let that family make the decision of what they wanna do and howe they wanna llive their life not you or the media

So is this the new norm, everytime we get a flu or a virus we shutting down every thing. Lets see kids did half year of schooling ( probably brain dead by now) but the school board in there infinite wisdom told them they would all graduate, and no testing required. After that brilliant move a large % of kids basically signed off and the schools have no idea what is going on. There is mounting evidence that kids are starting to shows signs of depression, anxiety, and other symptons cause of this lockdown that is not healthy for anyone. Domestic abuse going up, alcohol, drug use on the rise, and the nonsense continues. The best part is those ordering us to stay at homes are the first ones that are breaking their own rules. Open up the camps its healthy for kids to get out an exercise, compete and be with there friends : AAU, basketball, football, Baseball camps are good, if you don't feel safe going then stay your butt at home. This whole ridiculous process was to assured that hospitals would have plenty of space, well we now know they do, as there are a bunch of nurses, and doctors been furlough and lay off. This has been the biggest clusterf*ck ever, **** even the Europeans have opened their schools.

The mortality rate for people under 25 from Covid is .0008%.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back