Miami Northwestern In trouble

I guess I just wonder why was it necessary to practice like this now? It's May. Just have the kids organize something informally - adults stay away. Call it a captain's practice or something. It seems kind of dumb to me. forget about who took pictures , etc. Kids practicing alone probably get warned, etc. Having the coach and/or adults there forces the hand of the administration.

Hoya, a couple of thoughts here. First, if true, then I agree this was a calous behavior by both the coach and players. Subsqquent action should be taken against both the coaches participating and the players. HOWEVER, do we know these photos were shot during the COVID outbreak? Could they have been taken last year or just before the lockdown? It's not beyond the sick minds of competing schools to manufacture fake news. Just my thoughts.

Advertisement
Hoya, a couple of thoughts here. First, if true, then I agree this was a calous behavior by both the coach and players. Subsqquent action should be taken against both the coaches participating and the players. HOWEVER, do we know these photos were shot during the COVID outbreak? Could they have been taken last year or just before the lockdown? It's not beyond the sick minds of competing schools to manufacture fake news. Just my thoughts.

Good point about the pics. I haven’t seen anyone dispute when the practice was but I don’t live in Florida so maybe there’s been more info made public than I have seen.

My point is if I’m a coach of a high profile program, why put yourself in a position like this? I’m sure all the truly competitive teams practice all summer, in one way or another. But right now, with what’s been going on across this country ( whether you agree with the sheltering and shutdown or not) to do it on your own field in such a public way seems silly. It really does put the administration in a tough spot.

Hopefully this will all work out so the team doesn’t suffer for the upcoming season.

I just saw Brantley post something about not transferring- guessing there may be more going on?

Advertisement
Wasn't it someone from a different school that took the pics? notice they're outside the gate..not players

Man; I’m talking in general bro. Like I’m not an old dude, ya feel me, but on my mama I don’t get this generation of either dry snitching or social media snitching. Just not what I’m used to.

He would've been in less trouble if it was on campus. You can't hold anything unsanctioned off campus anything with HS kids. He put himself in a corner not the admins fault.

Advertisement
If your boss tells you not to do something and you do it there are consequences. That’s called life. Dude deserves to be fired if he’s that stupid to have practice or get caught.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe he's that stupid. Maybe that's an old pic?

There's no way anybody with a brain would think that this was a good idea and that it wouldn't be reported. Every high-profile program has cross-town rivals just waiting for them to slip up. You can't get away with anything like this, especially during a fvckin' pandemic.

Yes suspend a coach who is keeping his players out the streets.

The devil finds pleasure with Idle hands and imo the coach was saving these kids.
I understand what you're saying and morally I don't disagree but there's still the part of coaches looking for a competitive advantage at play here too... So where's the line drawn there???

Advertisement
Man; I’m talking in general bro. Like I’m not an old dude, ya feel me, but on my mama I don’t get this generation of either dry snitching or social media snitching. Just not what I’m used to.
The Internet,Facebook,Twit media life made clout chasing a daily reality...

Tekashi 69 literally is going platinum and making millions bragging about being a snitch.

The game different now.
70904649_10109809763886381_373880197356716032_n.jpg

Advertisement
Ok let’s be real. Having kids in a huddle like that is not responsible. When they are bunched up then just one guy can spread it to multiple others. Next thing you know a couple parents in critical condition. Not cool.
Maybe adjust the practice to the times. People standing apart...
Might lead to more teams going no huddle on offense!!!

Advertisement
Back