Miami no longer part of picture for Trevill Holcy

Advertisement
Can't blame the kid for being upset, but I'm also glad he wasn't a take.

Sounds like we could end up with Clarington and Archibald at TE in this cycle after officially landing Herndon and Njoku just a couple months ago. And he doesn't seem to have the suddenness or top-end speed to remain at receiver, where there are several other in-state talents of higher priority such as Ridley, Cain, Burgess-Becker (if he doesn't end up at safety), Peete, etc.

Clarington will not sign here

Really? What brings you to that conclusion HG?

What I'm hearing from a coach, not champagnat

That's weird, always read interviews with him talking about us heavy even when you guys swore he didn't have an offer so this is surprising to me

Can't blame the kid for being upset, but I'm also glad he wasn't a take.

Sounds like we could end up with Clarington and Archibald at TE in this cycle after officially landing Herndon and Njoku just a couple months ago. And he doesn't seem to have the suddenness or top-end speed to remain at receiver, where there are several other in-state talents of higher priority such as Ridley, Cain, Burgess-Becker (if he doesn't end up at safety), Peete, etc.

Clarington will not sign here

Really? What brings you to that conclusion HG?

What I'm hearing from a coach, not champagnat

Elite recruiters.

Advertisement
By the way that contradicts what Pete was saying, as of 3/31 he said we lead by a large margin

Pete also said there was no chance of Gray qualifying.

Miami didn't think there was a shot and still think that Gray is a long shot.

So what do you think of Glorys post?

2 writers for the same site: one says he isn't signing here, one says we lead by a large margin.

I think we can't recruit for ****.

By the way that contradicts what Pete was saying, as of 3/31 he said we lead by a large margin

77.gif

Thats how I feel right now

2 writers for the same site: one says he isn't signing here, one says we lead by a large margin.

I think we can recruit... Look at some of the players we've gotten over the past couple years. Yes, a good amount have decided to go elsewhere, but I think there is a game being played down here that the Canes can't play right now. Especially, during the NCAA thing and afterwards where Im sure those S.O.B's have their eyes on us just waiting for one little **** up.

There are rumors and yes they are just rumors, no facts, no evidence, no nothing but there are people I know who donate to the program who feel there are other teams sending "moles" down here to pose as Canes fans or boosters to try and get the team in trouble. 2 of them mentioned this while we were in Orlando at the bowl game. They feel if Miami is out of the picture it would be a free for all down here with recruiting ( I already think it is though). Like I said...these are unsubstaniated rumors that were said.

Cool.

Curious why 2 writers for the same site could have 2 totally different opinion/sources. Think you guys should get on the same page.

Advertisement

Cool.

Curious why 2 writers for the same site could have 2 totally different opinion/sources. Think you guys should get on the same page.

So all writers from the same site/magazine/newspaper/pick any media outlet have to have the same opinion and sources? Kind of defeats the purpose of having more than one writer, don'tya think? Or would you rather the info they put out be identical?

and people wonder why the dudes that have been reporting on recruiting for years rarely speak in absolutes

This is exactly why I don't have any problem with South Florida kids going elsewhere. Why in the world should they have any "loyalty" to the so-called hometown school when the hometown school doesn't have any loyalty to them? Here we have a South Florida kids wanting to stay home, yet we don't want him. I get why we don't want him, but it still is a hypocritical position regardless. The "loyalty" thing only seems to relate to great players.

Advertisement
and people wonder why the dudes that have been reporting on recruiting for years rarely speak in absolutes

Cane lock.

They also do it so that they can say "it is hard to predict what 17-18 year old kids will do" when they are wrong and then the uninitiated are dooped.

You don't see many beatings like the one the board gave Pete after last year's cluster****. Refreshing. Accountability.

This is exactly why I don't have any problem with South Florida kids going elsewhere. Why in the world should they have any "loyalty" to the so-called hometown school when the hometown school doesn't have any loyalty to them? Here we have a South Florida kids wanting to stay home, yet we don't want him. I get why we don't want him, but it still is a hypocritical position regardless. The "loyalty" thing only seems to relate to great players.

We don't have enough scholarships to give every SoFl recruit a committable offer. His coach needs to explain that to the kid.

Advertisement

We don't have enough scholarships to give every SoFl recruit a committable offer. His coach needs to explain that to the kid.

Yep and this was an honest quote from his coach!

Smart is correct. Schools have every right to pull their scholarship offers. Players pull their commitments all the time. It's part of the recruiting game.

Feel bad for the kid but at least we told him now instead of in February.

Exactly....it isn't an ideal situation for any kid, but verbal commitments work both ways. You rarely hear about the annual occurrence of this type of thing from the Saban types, but oh well. Get an early signing period and this happens alot less.

UM

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that "loyalty" should never be part of the conversation either way.

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that "loyalty" should never be part of the conversation either way.

Lol loyalty? K... Since when has loyalty in south florida ever been a reality? You have street agents... Errrr corches taking every hand out they can get to put themselves ahead. There is zero loyalty. So when a corch from out of state comes into the picture you think he's going to get loyalty! **** that! Not sure what cotton candy & lollipop world you're living in.

Advertisement
Back