Miami needs to reverse this stat

i
North Carolina Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLONG
Michael Carter2430812.8265
Javonte Williams2323610.3365

Advertisement
Ford and Miller are interesting next to each other

Def two SEC type big body guys that give us the best chance at stopping the run against Bama

Nesta & JHH are more havoc causing types that rotate on passing/3rd down
This... but yeah not even just 3rd down scenario, JHH is a huge change of pace guy from those big boys. Should keep Bama on edge. Simpson will fix our run game woes. Diaz is attack all means necessary, Simpson is the “ok yeah but we still need gap integrity” should be a fun game

Advertisement
When you look at last year's final rankings and this year's preseason rankings, there are nine programs that stand above the pack. All of them have something in common: they ran the ball more efficiently than their opponents. Below is the difference between Yards Per Rush and Yards Per Rush Allowed for the top teams:

Alabama: +1.7
Ohio State: +2.6
Clemson +1.3
Texas A&M: +2.2
Notre Dame: +1.1
Oklahoma: +1.2
Georgia: +2.2
Cincinnati: +2.2
Iowa State: +1.8

Miami was a -.3

By comparison, Miami is +1.2 in Yards Per Pass versus Yards Per Pass Allowed. That is better than Clemson, Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Iowa State and on par with Georgia.

Manny knows that the top priority for this offseason is getting more physical on both ends. Navaughn Donaldson (6'6, 350) and Jalen Rivers (6'5, 325) have been getting the majority of the starting reps at guard. Jon Ford (6'5, 318) and Jordan Miller (6'4, 320) have been the starting DTs. If we see significant improvement in this stat, we will be a much better team.
I bet if u take away the 1000 yds unc had it wouldn’t be that bad
That game heavily skewed our numbers
And that’s an outlier of outliers hopefully

but it happened so why would we remove it?
Don’t remove it
But just hope it’s an outlier
Statistically speaking it shouldn’t happen again but manny has defeated the odds and done it twice so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it again

Advertisement
When you look at last year's final rankings and this year's preseason rankings, there are nine programs that stand above the pack. All of them have something in common: they ran the ball more efficiently than their opponents. Below is the difference between Yards Per Rush and Yards Per Rush Allowed for the top teams:

Clemson +1.3

Miami was a -.3

By comparison, Miami is +1.2 in Yards Per Pass versus Yards Per Pass Allowed. That is better than Clemson, Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Iowa State and on par with Georgia.

Manny knows that the top priority for this offseason is getting more physical on both ends. Navaughn Donaldson (6'6, 350) and Jalen Rivers (6'5, 325) have been getting the majority of the starting reps at guard. Jon Ford (6'5, 318) and Jordan Miller (6'4, 320) have been the starting DTs. If we see significant improvement in this stat, we will be a much better team.
Get an OL. Problem solved.

It isn't that hard.

Never suggested Ford or Miller would be Day 3 picks, much less Day 1 picks.

I mentioned them because they've been starting all camp, look improved and TRob specifically mentioned them on Hurricane Hotline yesterday. His comment was interesting because he's coming from the SEC and said they "are guys who can hold up against SEC competition."

They have experience and some physical tools, including size, but it's now or never for them.
Let's see.,....I don't expect him to say they aren't any good

When those elites are going to other schools the answer is yes it's hard
Point well taken. So how can our Canes affect that trend?

I believe it's a multi-pronged approach (as delusional as I might be):
- Miami establishes some sort "Character and Performance" Center of Excellence
- Led by individual inside/outside "here today, gone tomorrow" coaching carousel
- OL will be initial focus--this is a years long development cycle
- Target Palm Beach, Broward, Dade kiddos of all ages, say 6th grade and up?
- Yes a number will get trained up and go to other schools, good for them, but imagine the ones Miami inspires to stay home
- Population size alone would indicate SoFL should produce several starting LT1-LG1-C1-RG1-RT1 caliber athletes every single year---Why isn't tbis happening now???

Someone is going to figure this out either through sponsored organization or private one. They do tbis for soccer round the world, there mist be some legally structured workaround that complies with NCAA rules.

Advertisement

Clemson +1.3

Miami was a -.3

This was a home game. But it was all Blake Baker's fault, so all our problems are solved now. 15-0.
1618592637082.png

Remember, sacks are also counted as rushing attempts in college.

So we were 81st in the country in YPA allowed on defense, but we also had 30 sacks, which makes those numbers look better than they are. We actually gave up well over 5 YPA when you take out the sacks.
Yeah, but we all agreed to blame Blake Baker for that. So... problem solved.

Advertisement
Let's see.,....I don't expect him to say they aren't any good

We have a winner! Anyone really expect the coaches to say anything during spring ball, ESPECIALLY when no reporters or visitors are allowed to see ANYTHING, other than "we've got some great players who have really improved and I'm really excited to see the impact they are going to have this fall."?

It's bull**** hype and too many people fall for it every. ****. year.
Charlie Brown Football GIF

We have a winner! Anyone really expect the coaches to say anything during spring ball, ESPECIALLY when no reporters or visitors are allowed to see ANYTHING, other than "we've got some great players who have really improved and I'm really excited to see the impact they are going to have this fall."?

It's bull**** hype and too many people fall for it every. ****. year.
Charlie Brown Football GIF
Certain poRsters here like our chances against Bama. Kool Aid Kids Club.

They fall for it every year, never fails

Advertisement
Back