Miami needs to learn from USC

Advertisement
That’s why James and Strawleys names are on the banner to make sure both are gone because knowing UM they’ll fire james and then have a national AD search that lasts an hour and Strawley will be promoted into the spot! Smh 🤢🤮

I hope they both feel humiliated after that banner flies this Saturday. They need to know that some of us are not happy with the incompetent decisions/hires that have been made. 💩

I think the law school was around 40 when I started in 2006.

I started in 2002. It was ranked in the 30s if I recall correctly. Probably in the 50s now is my guess. Shalala was doing good things academically. I don't know how or why things are so bad now. Athletics I understand why (James). Academically, I dont understand the plunge in quality across the board.

I'm calling bull**** on this and every other post on this site that tries to pin our woes on an administration that "doesn't care".

During the greatest run in UM Football history, and arguably one of the greatest runs of any program in CFB history, the president of UM was Tad Foote - a guy who not only didn't give a **** about football but was openly hostile towards the program and it's coaches.

During this phenomenal run we had terrible facilities, a run down old stadium in a ****** neighborhood, terrible and typical for this city front running fan support.

We caught lightning in a bottle. Twice. I don't know how to explain our decline except to say we haven't gotten lucky again. We weren't helped by any of the "cheating" we got busted for, and we weren't held back by an admin. The stars just aligned and we we're lucky.

The teams of the 80s-90s played with a chip on their shoulder by great coaches who told CFB to f-off. Today, the coaches are mediocre and most players more interested in social media. A clear lack of leadership top to bottom.

The program is a microcosm of society.

The 2000-2002 teams were talented but also had leaders in Ed Reed, Ken Dorsey, and others. Who have been the leaders on the roster since the decline began in 2004? Who ran the yard?

Advertisement
The teams of the 80s-90s played with a chip on their shoulder by great coaches who told CFB to f-off. Today, the coaches are mediocre and most players more interested in social media. The program is a microcosm of society.

Mike Leach routinely tells CFB to f#ck off and he banned his players from social media. Sounds like the type of coach you are looking for.

I started in 2002. It was ranked in the 30s if I recall correctly. Probably in the 50s now is my guess. Shalala was doing good things academically. I don't know how or why things are so bad now. Athletics I understand why (James). Academically, I dont understand the plunge in quality across the board.

My home girl is in the law program right now; she said she came to Miami b/c of their law program, and she doesn’t feel like it’s top notch anymore.

Advertisement
USC has the best Cheerleaders...all I know.

Lindley Bothwell knew how to pick 'em. That was the heyday. Earlier this decade there were grumblings that 'SC had fallen behind Oregon but recent squads have received more favorable reviews.

The uniform is the best. No question about it.

BTW, Lynn Swann kicked the Song Girls out of the basketball games last year. Many posters on USC sites said he was as good as gone at that point. Too much thinking going on.

the dog said if he reads "Miami gonna win the Coastal Division" bull**** one more time, he is gonna ****t in the cat's food bowl and make that noisy *** chihuahua next door eat it.

That's funny

My dog said the very same thing
Scooby.gif

Then he did it

Last edited:
Advertisement
67. It dipped into the mid 70s a couple of years back. Agree with you completely.

I received a fundraising letter the USC today, specially the Annenberg School. It was the most creative and interesting communication I've ever received from them. I'm not going to bite but guaranteed countless others will.

I have read on other sites that President Folt has modernized and jazzed up the alumni outreach, targeting every generation and not merely the older and more wealthy. She knows that you can't merely jump in decades later. You maintain a relationship throughout.

And a big part of that is activities on-campus on home football Saturdays. USC homecoming is this week. I can't count how many emails and various communications I have received all year, spotlighting that date and everything that will be available on campus and nearby. Night game at 6:30 PM, so ideal for all day festivities on campus then stroll across Exposition Boulevard to the Coliseum. That is actual college football and tailgating. It remains hysterical that Canes fans somehow believe an isolated rental facility on the edge of the next county somehow qualifies.

Carol Folt will indeed be USC's Donna Shalala. That would be an incredible goal for her. Administrator and ambassador. Billions and billions while expanding facilities and vital programs. I doubt she can follow it up with a seat in congress. That's too much of a lift.

No kidding the Simplistic Angry Males who assign all Miami downfall to Donna Shalala will assign every USC non-championship year to Carol Folt.

To quote those GEICO commercials, that's what SAMs do.

I received a fundraising letter the USC today, specially the Annenberg School. It was the most creative and interesting communication I've ever received from them. I'm not going to bite but guaranteed countless others will.

I have read on other sites that President Folt has modernized and jazzed up the alumni outreach, targeting every generation and not merely the older and more wealthy. She knows that you can't merely jump in decades later. You maintain a relationship throughout.

And a big part of that is activities on-campus on home football Saturdays. USC homecoming is this week. I can't count how many emails and various communications I have received all year, spotlighting that date and everything that will be available on campus and nearby. Night game at 6:30 PM, so ideal for all day festivities on campus then stroll across Exposition Boulevard to the Coliseum. That is actual college football and tailgating. It remains hysterical that Canes fans somehow believe an isolated rental facility on the edge of the next county somehow qualifies.

Carol Folt will indeed be USC's Donna Shalala. That would be an incredible goal for her. Administrator and ambassador. Billions and billions while expanding facilities and vital programs. I doubt she can follow it up with a seat in congress. That's too much of a lift.

No kidding the Simplistic Angry Males who assign all Miami downfall to Donna Shalala will assign every USC non-championship year to Carol Folt.

To quote those GEICO commercials, that's what SAMs do.

All good points, but I disagree with the stadium criticism. I think Hard Rock is a fun stadium with a good tailgating experience.

Most would agree that the Orange Bowl was a great hometown stadium. People tend to forget it was also a 1 hour walk (at least) from campus. It wasn't "on campus" either. Parking was a nightmare. I miss the way the OB felt like it would shake apart when people were fired up, but I've also never heard a stadium louder than Hard Rock.

Advertisement
The purchase of the hospital from HCA. She overpaid by about 50% (or roughly $100-130M), that purchase put us in competition with Jackson, we then proceeded to siphon the "desirable" patients away from Jackson to UHealth although we were still affiliated with Jackson, we thus nearly sent Jackson (a critical health/trauma resource and one of the largest employers in the county) into bankruptcy, followed that up with $100M in annual losses at that facility as of FY2017 (the purchase was 10 years prior to that), she hired a dean who was so inept that the entire medical school faculty staged a walkout during his state of the school address and demanded his resignation... other than that it was a resounding success.
Typical shalalaalaala

Advertisement
Back