Miami missed 29 tackles yesterday..

Advertisement
Tackling is effort. When the other team is giving incredible effort and you’re not they’re going to break your tackles.

Agreed.

Sometimes, the other guy does a better job on technique on a play and he wins ....
Sometimes, you make a mental error in the heat of battle ....
Sometimes, their OC makes a better call than your DC, and you just can't get to where you need to be ...
Sometimes, the other guy makes the catch over you ....

However ... and this is always the case .... the singular foolproof way to gauge the effort of a defense is their tackling. Everything else can be going to ****. But if a team is tackling well, you know they are giving good effort. You can write that one down in ink.

But tackling was so important to this staff, how could this be. Whole **** team are terrible tacklers, we have LBs who can't tackle, never seen anything like it. Don't even mention the DBs, everyone of them seems to be afraid of contact, disgraceful

Advertisement
maxresdefault.jpg

Wow, that's hard to even wrap your mind around. That's on the coaches, yes, but they players too! I can count on one hand how many of the players on our entire roster look like they give a **** out there.

You tell any current or former player anywhere you missed 29 tackles because of the coaches and see how well that conversation goes.

It doesn't go very well, that's why several of them were pretty vocal about the players after the game.

Mason is a tough runner, but he averaged 4.something yards after initial contact. That's crazy.

Advertisement
This was the most evident example of how poorly coached this team is, I have never seen anything like it in my 35 years of watching football.

It doesn't go very well, that's why several of them were pretty vocal about the players after the game.

Mason is a tough runner, but he averaged 4.something yards after initial contact. That's crazy.
Easy to look physical running through arm tackles.

Advertisement
The effort by Finley and Carter on Mason's long run in OT was not there. I understand being demoralized and shell-shocked after all the missed FGs but you can't give up.

You get this when there is Incompetence in coaching.

Right. It's coaching.

The guy who built this defense and had them atop the nation over the past few years—he suddenly forgot how to coach and all his players as a result have forgotten how to tackle or play with any passion.

DJ Ivey taking a nap on a fake punt or getting burned on the subsequent touchdown; that's all "coaching". Forget the the was a 4-star prospect out of Homestead who has been playing the sport his whole life—it should take coaches telling him to pay attention on a fake punt and to actually stay with his man, instead of just lurking in no man's land with nothing to do.

These kids know better and they're simply not doing fundamental things; things that they were doing a year ago under Diaz and things they've been doing their entire football lives.

Advertisement
Right. It's coaching.

The guy who built this defense and had them atop the nation over the past few years—he suddenly forgot how to coach and all his players as a result have forgotten how to tackle or play with any passion.

DJ Ivey taking a nap on a fake punt or getting burned on the subsequent touchdown; that's all "coaching". Forget the the was a 4-star prospect out of Homestead who has been playing the sport his whole life—it should take coaches telling him to pay attention on a fake punt and to actually stay with his man, instead of just lurking in no man's land with nothing to do.

These kids know better and they're simply not doing fundamental things; things that they were doing a year ago under Diaz and things they've been doing their entire football lives.
THIS^^^

I have no idea how we're going to blame that many missed tackles on the coaches. Could they have got them more motivated? Maybe...could he have called different plays to get better numbers? Maybe...but ultimately in order to miss a tackle you have to be close enough to get the guy down. Our guys were close enough, and got outworked or outmuscled 29 times.

I don't think Manny is Nick Saban or anything like that, but coaches don't miss tackles. Overall, our guys just don't seem to care, the coaches should be able to help with that, but they can't take 100% of the blame for it either.

That's an extremely telling stat. **** poor effort is on both the coaches and the players.

Hard as it is to believe - we were 5-1 and ranked #16 last year. Then the wheels came off during the UVA game.

I hope the coaches & players have some pride and not let GT be this seasons "that's when the wheels came off" game.

Advertisement
Back