Miami missed 29 tackles yesterday..

Advertisement
Half of tackling is technique - and as much as Banda says that's what's most important, our DBs are terrible at it. There is no technique.

But the other half is effort. One play Shaq and Carter ran into each other, neither with their arms open to wrap the guy, so he bounced off and kept running. Most guys only attempt arm tackles.....Pinckney is the perfect example of that and why he misses often (or how you can hurt a shoulder)....or blowup tackles with only shoulders.

Advertisement
They should have a Stat for being out of position (So you can't Be credited with a missed tackle!) Shaq, Pickney, and Garvin lead All of College Football in that category!

That’s the biggest sign that GT was ready to play emotionally and we weren’t. Our team no showed again like we have for most games this year. That’s on the HC. Also look at the play where their 180 pound QB needed 2 yards for a first down and trucked our DT and LB to get 4.

That play was so telling...I wanted to throw something at my tv after that play

I think I counted one play, only one where they fell backwards on a tackle by us. Every other they fell forward for positive yards

Advertisement
That’s the biggest sign that GT was ready to play emotionally and we weren’t. Our team no showed again like we have for most games this year. That’s on the HC. Also look at the play where their 180 pound QB needed 2 yards for a first down and trucked our DT and LB to get 4.

If they don't care enough to play, should we care enough to watch?

29 is a team that has given up. There is no more effort or belief in the guy(s) leading them anymore.
Which goes back to my point that although we get talented players from SoFl, we don't get the cream of the crop.

There's no pride in this team - **** our best players are from out of state. Bunch of front runners that quit and pout when the going gets tough. Even if your team is an abomination, NFL scouts are only going to review your play - win your battles, do your job and make the most of your education.

Our kids seem to think it's ok just to give up and life will work out fine for them because they're physically gifted. That's the disease Diaz was talking about (and sadly he doesn't have a cure for it).

Advertisement
The run defense and defensive tackles have been bogus all season. I posted that several times. We basically haven't faced an aggressive running team. Georgia Tech still had that component. If we had played them earlier in the season it would have been fine because they wouldn't have reverted. However, in recent weeks with the criticism piling on Georgia Tech has slowly started to incorporate more of their looks from the Paul Johnson era. I noted that during the Duke game.

Miami allowed this to happen. Georgia Tech opened that game without commitment to power running game. But once it started to work and the Canes obviously wanted no part of it while flopping all over the place, you could sense in the stands the renewed confidence and energy from the entire Georgia Tech offense, sideline, and fan base. A very key play was third quarter when they had 3rd and long from their own 5 yard line. They were merely trying to gain a few yards via a straight ahead run so they couldn't be punting from the back end line. Once we somehow allowed that play to bust for a first down then the Georgia Tech energy and confidence soared.

It didn't help that we played Virginia the week prior. As always, situational influence. Virginia has a tinkerbell running game. Pure finesse. The Canes defense thought they had stopped a running game. They stopped nothing on that Friday night.

One problem is Nesta out there. He is a freelancer and not nearly as stout or concerned against the run. Jon Ford is a mediocrity but at least he can offer resistance. A key play yesterday was first play of overtime when Ford got dinged and asked out of the game. Nesta replaced him. Immediately on the next play Nesta was controlled easily and then Quarterman made his one truly awful read of the game when we could least afford it. Somehow he slid toward the condensed area behind Nesta instead of recognizing that the hole was smack in front of him. Once Quarterman vacated then it allowed wide open spaces, and several missed tackles down to the 1 yard line.

Would have been a hand full more if that GT player didn’t barely step out of bounds on his way to the end zone. Crazy stat!

Advertisement

Let’s at least credit half the team for preparing there fashion for the Cat Walk into the stadium.

Advertisement
Back