Miami lands QB Cam Ward after weeks of pursuit

View as article
Not really calling anyone out, just tired of people complaining about every single thing regarding a coach who I think deserves time to put in his system and bring in his players. I don't think a program can be successful with a revolving door in the leadership positions, I like Mario and hope he gets time.

I don't know why number of posts is the end all, I've been following this board for probably 7-8 years. I've donated to the Hurricane Club and probably been to more games than most people on here even though I live 5 hours away.
Fair enough but you’re still calling out people who at least took positions and post many times here as to where they are now so post count in that context matters. That said, I appreciate you reading the board and supporting the program.

Advertisement
No wonder we have sucked for 2 decades, our loser fans prioritize stats vs wins. The QB is the leader of the team and the team’s record is often a reflection of that leadership. Michigan’s record with McCarthy is 27-1. Kid was a winner in high school as well. You can have your stats (like Dak) I will take the competent winner.
You think we've sucked bc of what our fans prioritize?

Advertisement
if we can't win this year then we just won't

best roster we've had in maybe two decades, air raid OC, GREAT DC, best QB we've had in two decades and we avoid Clemson and UNC and get FSU (trending down) and UF (way down)

NEEDS to be a 10 win season, we'll be the most talented team on the field all 12 games

He may come back at some point, likely without the ability to post. Doxxing is zero sum, once the info is out, there’s no taking it back.

It was an unhinged reaction to your provocation.
Yeah that **** is not cool at all and totally unacceptable, regardless of who’s it done to. If dudes want to take our meaningless virtual disagreements out into the real world then handle it like a man in the Blue lot. Glad you guys took care of it swiftly.

Advertisement
Not really calling anyone out, just tired of people complaining about every single thing regarding a coach who I think deserves time to put in his system and bring in his players. I don't think a program can be successful with a revolving door in the leadership positions, I like Mario and hope he gets time.

I don't know why number of posts is the end all, I've been following this board for probably 7-8 years. I've donated to the Hurricane Club and probably been to more games than most people on here even though I live 5 hours away.
So you’ve been following the board for 7-8 years of which you’ve been a member for nearly 2 years with very little input but you’ve grown so tired of the complaining that when we receive the best possible news in years your first post is to call for more complaining??? So much so that it’s more important to you for receipts to be pulled than the actual commitment??

Matter fact the only post you’ve ever made on Cam is to call for receipts on the thread announcing his commitment. Didn’t even have the decency to also make one celebrating the news. BTW, Congrats you were the first to do so. Real easy to ask for others opinions to be mocked on a subject when you never had the courage to share your own.

I’m curious why some posters think Ward handled his decision process so poorly? He chose to leave WSU, visited Miami and Florida State, considered the NFL, and then decided the league was his best move going forward. After getting feedback from the league as to what round he would likely be drafted, he decided to give college another year to try and improve his draft stock. He chose Miami. Everyone is excited for 2024.

I’ll grant Ward taking his time was frustrating to myself, to everybody on this board, and more important to everybody at the Hecht Center. I don’t believe Ward owed anyone a fast decision. He didn’t leave anyone hanging. Miami moved on, but kept in touch. Everything worked out in the end.

Ward made a smart decision by not hiring hiring an agent that would compromise his ability to change his mind and return to college. He also made a smart move if his flirting with the NFL was a negotiating ploy in his NIL discussions. More power to him. How many players have we had in the last 10 or more years declare for the draft, thinking they would be selected higher than they were, if they were drafted at all?

It appears to me Ward has a good head on his shoulders and thought this process out carefully.

Did Ward comment negatively on Miami on social media? I don’t follow any of that so maybe I missed something?

Last edited:
Thats a form of flattery and respect. You cant make a win any better. We are all fans of the same team.
The fans that mope and the fans that hope have the same end goal. To support a winning Hurricanes brand.

The only "vengeance " or receipt needed is Wards commitment.

I dont have a receipt that can be pulled. Its just annoying that we ruined this mans commitment thread to measure Sausage length. I woke up in the middle of the night surprised by the news. Thought itd be football talk in here. Not feminine and Feline bickering. Aint seen any of the receipt pullers actually say anything good about Cam or how we can use him.

All they care about is pounding their chest on their own fellow fan. Can't get behind grown *** men acting like desperate housewives
Dawg lol i wish i could mute words on here for **** like that. **** like middle school lol

Advertisement
Or McCarthy
McCarthy is AJ mccaron level man lol ward is way better than him

Ewers got talent but i don’t see it with him either

Ward is very underrated im seeing, unless we completely mess **** up ourselves he will raise like a mf on draft boards lol

if we can't win this year then we just won't

best roster we've had in maybe two decades, air raid OC, GREAT DC, best QB we've had in two decades and we avoid Clemson and UNC and get FSU (trending down) and UF (way down)

NEEDS to be a 10 win season, we'll be the most talented team on the field all 12 games
This should make all the mopes happy, there is for the first time in a long time literally no excuse to not win 10/11 games

Advertisement
I’m curious why some posters think Ward handled his decision process so poorly? He chose to leave WSU, visited Miami and Florida State, considered the NFL, and then decided the league was his best move going forward. After getting feedback from the league as to what round he would likely be drafted, he decided to give college another year to try and improve his draft stock. He chose Miami. Everyone is excited for 2024.

I’ll grant Ward taking his time was frustrating to myself, to everybody on this board, and more important to everybody at the Hecht Center. I don’t believe Ward owed anyone a fast decision. He didn’t leave anyone hanging. Miami moved on, but kept in touch. Everything worked out in the end.

Ward made a smart decision by not hiring hiring an agent that would compromise his ability to change his mind and return to college. He also made a smart move if his flirting with the NFL was a negotiating ploy in his NIL discussions. More power to him. How many players have we had in the last 10 or more years declare for the draft, thinking they would be selected higher than they were, if they were drafted at all?

It appears to me Ward has a good head on his shoulders and thought this process out carefully.

Did Ward comment negatively on Miami on social media? I don’t follow any of that so maybe I missed something?
Both sides were just negotiating imo

But people here likely can’t even call and get their NFL Sunday ticket prices reduced so I wouldn’t expect them to get it

Because they're emotional infants. I can't imagine what they wives/girlfriends/boyfriends have to deal with.

Unfair hypothetical, but how many games do we win in 2023 if Cam was our QB?
At least 2 more. Possibly 3.

I think we beat GT and Rutgers and probably NC St and have a puncher's chance vs UNC and FSU. Louisville I wouldn't necessarily think so because TVD actually played well that game and it was the defense that collapsed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back