Miami Junior Day list (Jan 13th)

I'm still only a fairly casual follower of recruiting. I don't live in south Florida so I can't see the kids play. For the person who asked about the list, I would say it's very, very impressive just based on what I've read. I see Sony Michel, but what about Dalvin Cook?
A recent post on Kain Daub, he may be next year's best LB in state. (Gator country though). Treon Harris--from the Booker T. Harris family (Ice and Brandon?). Quincy Wilson--I would guess he wants an offer in the worst way. His father is Chad and used to post on Grassy. Trevor Darling, stud OL, already a commitment, Khairi Clark, stud DT. Big UM fan. Ermon Lane, maybe best WR in the state next year, one of the best in the country.

I seen the makings of another great class next year. Al's getting an early start on that class.

I don't know if this helps. I have read through the entire thread, but perhaps somebody has provided a more detailed breakdown.

Some of you know a lot more. I know a lot of the other names, like Mahalak, McDermott (a legacy) and others.

Advertisement
Dalvin cook and yearby

per their coach they didn't go to Junior Day and neither are serious about Canes at this point

Advertisement
Dalvin cook and yearby

per their coach they didn't go to Junior Day and neither are serious about Canes at this point

100.gif

Dalvin cook and yearby

lol where'd you hear that from? yearly is a solid commit to fsu but Cook said with his own words (paraphrasing) "Miami is pushing really hard right now and if they keep it up things are looking really good for them"

Advertisement
A note on Morgan Mahalik. His school plays at the smallest school level and is in a very weak area for football. The north bay is very weak for football. There is also no real playoff in CA. Just a mythical state championship bowl game.

I spend a lot of time in Marin for work. That's rich white boy hippie-ville!

I've tempered my hopes on getting him. His Dad and Granddad went to ND apparently. If ND offers, that seems to where he goes.

Yeah, granola crunchers, organic arugula, wine & cheese, and phosphate free detergents.

Not saying this QB is, but that's the environment. Miami will have to clean out the Whole Foods salad bar to stock the training table. Put sprouts on everything, including the cheeseburgers.

Dalvin cook and yearby

lol where'd you hear that from? yearly is a solid commit to fsu but Cook said with his own words (paraphrasing) "Miami is pushing really hard right now and if they keep it up things are looking really good for them"

Shodell just posted it

Advertisement
Advertisement
A note on Morgan Mahalik. His school plays at the smallest school level and is in a very weak area for football. The north bay is very weak for football. There is also no real playoff in CA. Just a mythical state championship bowl game.

Looks like Marin Catholic is small Div 4 school but they play up at the Div 3 level (level 5 is the smallest). They actually had a NorCal Championship this year which they won, putting them into the state finals (lost by 3). They finished 6th amongst all schools in NorCal, regardless of division. Jared Goff played there and was 6th at the final Elite 11 and is going to Cal.

Final Rankings

1. De La Salle
2. Folsom
3. Granite Bay
4. Franklin-Elk Grove
5. Oak Ridge
6. Marin Catholic
7. St. Ignatius
8. Bellarmine Prep
9. Elk Grove
10. Burbank
11. Logan
12. California
13. Downey
14. Central Catholic
15. Oakdale
16. Serra
17. El Cerrito
18. Buhach Colony
19. Freedom
20. Clayton Valley

De La Salle. Near a Toyota factory, I think. Probably a lot of auto workers sons.

Folsom. Guess what that is. Probably a lot of parents are prison guards.

Kids from tough families I would think.

tell me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Back