Miami Jackson HS to hire first Female HC w/ Luke as her DC?

jed2410

Freshman
Premium
What y'all think?

Is ‘South Beach Tow’ star the first female head football coach in Florida? Miami Jackson High says not yet

Reports surfaced Monday that Miami Jackson had hired Lakatriona Brunson to become the first female football coach in state history

Sources told the Herald that Jackson is also set to hire Luther Campbell as their defensive coordinator

Jackson school officials denied the reports, telling The Herald “no official hire has been made”
Lakatriona “Bernice” Brunson, formerly of “South Beach Tow” on truTV.

Reports surfaced Monday that Miami Jackson had hired Lakatriona Brunson as its new head coach, which would make her the first female head football coach in Florida history, and Luther Campbell as an assistant coach.

Sources told the Miami Herald on Saturday that Brunson was going to be hired at Jackson as well as Campbell.

But school officials told the Herald on Monday that no official hiring had been made yet for the position, and that Internet reports were premature.

Burnson is known from her TV show as Bernice from the truTV series South Beach Tow.

ADVERTISING

Brunson is a Miami Northwestern alumnus and a former track and field thrower for the Bulls.

Brunson threw discus and shot put for legendary track coach Carmen Jackson and played basketball at Northwestern.

Brunson went to college at Tennessee State where she played basketball and later played football for the Miami Fury in the Independent Women’s Football League.

Campbell, who became famous in the 1980s as the head man of the rap group 2 Live Crew, has been a defensive coordinator in recent years in Miami-Dade County at Miami Central, Miami Northwestern and most recently at Miami Norland.

He would likely assume the same role with the Generals.

Read more here: Is ?South Beach Tow? star the first female head football coach in Florida? Miami Jackson High says not yet | Miami Herald

Advertisement
I don't want to be sexist, but so many of these guys need a father-figure...but then, what do I know?

Advertisement
Well, they were looking for a place to park the ice cream truck now that Al's gone.

Seriously, I hear Uncle Luke does good stuff with defense.

Congrats to all parties involved.

Coach brunson breaking barriers. **** yeah.

Advertisement
I don't want to be sexist, but so many of these guys need a father-figure...but then, what do I know?

Probably more racist than sexist my friend

No more "ist" than assuming every kid that declares early for the Draft has a family that went to bed hungry the night before.

This is a clear joke of a hire unless I'm missing the part of her resume pertaining to football that isn't participation in a comical "semi-pro" women's league. Anyone applauding this is doing so either based on entertainment value alone or because they're brainwashed into thinking "breaking barriers" for the sake of breaking barriers is a good thing.

That's an All-Star coaching staff. I hear Tan Mom is going to be OC. Dance Mom will coach Special Teams. The days of Miami Jackson being outschemed are OVER.

What in the **** is Jackson doing? smh

Luke isn't even the problem, as, he has cut his teeth as a coordinator and been pretty decent at it for some high end schools in the inner city...to see him get a chance as a full fledged HC for a program isn't a leap. Hiring Berny is laugh worthy. There are countless more qualified HCs in Dade at all levels.

Advertisement
The irony of luke skywalker working for a girl football coach is killing me.

snoop smoke.jpg

lmao ... You guys know **** well this is all about Bravo TV making a TV show out of this..... just wait for it

Luke isnt an actual employee in the county...so im guessing thats why they went with her since she is en employee at the school...and for the publicity. I dont know they gonna desperately need some xs and os. They gonna get that head handed to them in that district...the acoaching arguments will be great lol...

Advertisement

Probably more racist than sexist my friend

No more "ist" than assuming every kid that declares early for the Draft has a family that went to bed hungry the night before.

This is a clear joke of a hire unless I'm missing the part of her resume pertaining to football that isn't participation in a comical "semi-pro" women's league. Anyone applauding this is doing so either based on entertainment value alone or because they're brainwashed into thinking "breaking barriers" for the sake of breaking barriers is a good thing.

Hit the nail right on the head my friend. Great post.

Waiting for all of the PC faqqots to defend this terrible hire, if true.

Jackson fans must be ****ed off at the mockery that is being made out of their tradition. Then again, in this day and age, nothing really surprises me.

"Lakatriona “Bernice” Brunson"

This might make Key and Peele do an All Star School Coaches parody...

Advertisement
Back