Miami Jackson HS to hire first Female HC w/ Luke as her DC?

If there's a bench clearing brawl I'm afraid that she'll be leading the charge.

Advertisement
Luke was telling people he was going to be head coach.....they wanted him but wasnt cleared to be the head coach(baggage) so they are trying to hire a head coach as a puppet but we all know who will really be running the team

Advertisement
Is there a list prerequisite\requirements to being a successful Head Coach or do some just make this sh** up as they go?

Now to my knowledge Rumph won at least one state championship by only running the administration portion of the job as head coach at AH. And, if I'm not mistaken Richt says that he too was more of an administrative head coach during his last years at UGA averaging at least 10 wins.

Just maybe the job isn't as technical as some may think.

Last edited:
Is there a list prerequisite\requirements to being a successful Head Coach or do some just make this sh** up as they go?

Now to my knowledge Rumph won at least one state championship by only running the administration portion of the job as head coach at AH. And, if I'm not mistaken Richt says that he too was more of an administrative head coach during his last years at UGA averaging at least 10 wins.

You still need to have the ability and knowledge to hire a competent staff as well as be a great leader. Rumph had a staff full of former NFL players and one of the most loaded rosters in South Florida. That thing was run on auto-pilot.

If it was as easy as you imply it is then so many guys wouldn't struggle. Head coaching is a grind. (if you're doing it the right way)

Advertisement
Any kid that can avoid going to Jackson or transfer will do so immediately.

This is a side show/publicity stunt. Terrible for the kids.

You still need to have the ability and knowledge to hire a competent staff as well as be a great leader. Rumph had a staff full of former NFL players and one of the most loaded rosters in South Florida. That thing was run on auto-pilot.

If it was as easy as you imply it is then so many guys wouldn't struggle. Head coaching is a grind. (if you're doing it the right way)

We agree that you still need the ability and knowledge to hire a competent staff. But just how does one qualify those skills?

For instance Norm Turner was a great OC but sucked as a HC. Same with Dave Wannstedt and many others. So my questions is just how do you qualify these skills?

Advertisement

We agree that you still need the ability and knowledge to hire a competent staff. But just how does one qualify those skills?

For instance Norm Turner was a great OC but sucked as a HC. Same with Dave Wannstedt and many others. So my questions is just how do you qualify these skills?

I'd think a program like Jackson would be more selective during their hiring process. Perhaps hire a person who's proven that they can lead at some level. The extent of her experience is coaching girl's flag football.

Advertisement

I'd think a program like Jackson would be more selective during their hiring process. Perhaps hire a person who's proven that they can lead at some level. The extent of her experience is coaching girl's flag football.

So lets say her experience in leadership is girl's flag football. Now if that's enough or not at the high school level only time will tell. Assuming she surrounds herself with good coordinators she could become as successful as anyone.

I feel like some people are making the position as a high school HC bigger than what it really is. I say this because most of these people are the same people that criticized the hire of Rumph.

Last edited:

So lets say her experience in leadership is girl's flag football. Now if that's enough or not at the high school level only time will tell. Assuming she surrounds herself with good coordinators she could become as successful as anyone.

I feel like some people are making the position as a high school HC bigger than what it really is. I say this because most of these people are the same people that criticized the hire of Rumph.

I think you're under estimating the job. Being an HC is a grind. Not only are you handling on the field stuff but you're also handling academic issues, medical issues, weight training, behavior issues, equipment issues and a big one...booster club issues.

Certain head coaches have it easier because they have a solid support system. Good administrators that are on board with the program, a good booster club ran by supportive parents, a good pool of athletes, etc. Not all schools have these benefits. I'm willing to bet that Jackson isn't the breeziest job on the market.

Last edited:

I think you're under estimating the job. Being an HC is a grind. Not only are you handling on the field stuff but you're also handling academic issues, medical issues, weight training, behavior issues, equipment issues and a big one...booster club issues.

Certain head coaches have it easier because they have a solid support system. Good administrators that are on board with the program, a good booster club ran by supportive parents, a good pool of athletes, etc. Not all schools have these benefits. I'm willing to bet that Jackson isn't the breeziest job on the market.

Trust me I don't underestimate the job at all. I get that the job can be challenging. As you stated "Certain head coaches have it easier because they have a solid support system". Apparently Jackson has a plan in place that will allow their HC to focus on the administrative task that you listed and the Coordinators will focus on the technical aspects of football.

I think that if the duty's are properly delegated the job isn't as hard as some may think. Frankly, I think some people are making up sh** as they go because she is a woman that once coached girls flag football.

Last edited:
I think that if the duty's are properly delegated the job isn't as hard as some may think. Frankly, I think some people are making up sh** as they go because she is a woman that once coached girls flag football.

She's a woman whose experience is coaching girls flag football. That's all that needs to be said. What is left to make up?

Advertisement
Back