2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even say Chip or Slick Willie were trash recruiters.

Yes, it is true, Chip hated recruiting, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good at it at Oregon, and his evaluation skills were among the finest in cfb at the time He landed some big time guys like Thomas, Armstead, and Seastrunk.

I don't understand this revisionist history that acts as if Oregon was some piece of **** dump of a program that never landed top recruits before Mario arrived. Remember, Mario was LURED AWAY from Alabama to coach there. You think he leaves Bama to go to a dumpster fire? Mario simply got Oregon (almost) back on track to where they were, which hopefully, he can do for us.
It’s not revisionist history..to act like Oregon was recruiting at a elite level under Bilotti and Chip is flat out false. Neither one had a top 10 class while at Oregon. Oregon’s success happened due to SC being down and bigger brand programs poaching top west cost talent. While usc was down Oregon with its unique style of offense especially under chip, took over out there. Even as they were playing in the Natty they weren’t pulling Top classes..they got some guys here and there but most were system fits.

Mario was bringing in SEC caliber athletes. They weren’t dependent on running any special. He recruited a team that would win with strong trench and physical play. Oregon was not humming when Mario took over. He breathed life in that program starting with him cherry picking blue chippers nationally

Advertisement
You love arguing. I never moved the goalposts I been saying this the entire time.
Your argument is Mario isn’t a elite Recruiter and has to prove that..nobody in the cfb world believes that the man isn’t among the best. Hence the direction Oregon was going in. 2 top 10 classes in 3 years..and would’ve had another this cycle.

Bruh you acting like high 4star talents aren’t blue chip prospects. They count fool😂..”but bilotti signed 3 5stars in 5 years”..yet you can’t provide one source showing he or chip hauled in 1 class in the top 10 lol

It’s not revisionist history..to act like Oregon was recruiting at a elite level under Bilotti and Chip is flat out false. Neither one had a top 10 class while at Oregon. Oregon’s success happened due to SC being down and bigger brand programs poaching top west cost talent. While usc was down Oregon with its unique style of offense especially under chip, took over out there. Even as they were playing in the Natty they weren’t pulling Top classes..they got some guys here and there but most were system fits.

Mario was bringing in SEC caliber athletes. They weren’t dependent on running any special. He recruited a team that would win with strong trench and physical play. Oregon was not humming when Mario took over. He breathed life in that program starting with him cherry picking blue chippers nationally
Read what I posted, my dude.. You're placing too much emphasis on rankings and not enough in evaluations. How many Top 10 classes did Butch bring in at UM? But he hit on every **** player **** near that he brought in.

Recruiting is more than stars (which, Oregon was getting plenty of before Mario).Oregon been getting elite recruits.

And secondly, serious question: Chip Kelly's players took Oregon to 2 Championship games.

You believe Mario even makes one if he stays at Oregon ?

(I dont. It's why he left.)

Last edited:
Your argument is Mario isn’t a elite Recruiter and has to prove that..nobody in the cfb world believes that the man isn’t among the best. Hence the direction Oregon was going in. 2 top 10 classes in 3 years..and would’ve had another this cycle.

Bruh you acting like high 4star talents aren’t blue chip prospects. They count fool😂..”but bilotti signed 3 5stars in 5 years”..yet you can’t provide one source showing he or chip hauled in 1 class in the top 10 lol
Of course I can't 247 doesn't have the class data from Billotis time.
Mario is not an elite recruiter 4 5 stars in 5 years is not elite.
Chip had multiple classes right outside of the top 10 and he has even admitted he doesn't like to recruit.

Read what I posted, my dude.. You're placing too much emphasis on rankings and not enough in evaluations. How many Top 10 classes did Butch bring in at UM? But he hit on every **** player **** near that he brought in.

Recruiting is more than stars (which, Oregon was getting plenty of before Mario).Oregon been getting elite recruits.

And secondly, serious question: Chip Kelly's players took Oregon to 2 Champiinshiop games.

You believe Mario even makes one if he stays at Oregon ?

(I dont. It's why he left.)
Again I think a lot of different factors went into Chips success at Oregon..and even that didn’t lead to him signing a top 10 class. Sure there’s more to recruiting and evaluations then rankings. But go ahead and dig into what Mario emphasized in recruiting..then the caliber of blue chip players he was was getting. Including where they were from..then take into account his history at Miami (brief) his evaluation and recruiting at FIU..how he took that with him to Alabama and got it done in a major way..then went up to ******* Eugene, weaponized that Oregon brand and hit the trail Nationally, I Dipping into the heart of the SEC for a few blue chip guys that was new to Oregon..and that work is recognized nationally

This thread and Ole boy standing his ground on this is an example of a guy dug in who really didn’t follow what was going on at Oregon the past 4 cycles..didn’t understand Mario was the main guy behind that South Florida to Bama pipeline

Advertisement
Again I think a lot of different factors went into Chips success at Oregon..and even that didn’t lead to him signing a top 10 class. Sure there’s more to recruiting and evaluations then rankings. But go ahead and dig into what Mario emphasized in recruiting..then the caliber of blue chip players he was was getting. Including where they were from..then take into account his history at Miami (brief) his evaluation and recruiting at FIU..how he took that with him to Alabama and got it done in a major way..then went up to ******* Eugene, weaponized that Oregon brand and hit the trail Nationally, I Dipping into the heart of the SEC for a few blue chip guys that was new to Oregon..and that work is recognized nationally

This thread and Ole boy standing his ground on this is an example of a guy dug in who really didn’t follow what was going on at Oregon the past 4 cycles..didn’t understand Mario was the main guy behind that South Florida to Bama pipeline

Nobody is denying Mario's recruiting prowess and abilities.

Chip Kelly's pull of DeAnthony Thomas was more impressive and more of a coup than anything Mario did at Oregon. ijs

Chip Kelly's pull of DeAnthony Thomas was more impressive and more of a coup than anything Mario did at Oregon. ijs

Not really. DeAnthony Thomas went to Oregon because he wanted to play RB. USC was recruiting him as a corner. I don't know how hard is to pull someone when you are allowing him to play the position that he wants to play.

In this the One fella is…and stash that natty lite you tripping. Number 5 from Oregon was the number 1 player overall in his class I believe is going number 1..nobody taking Thomas over thib..Sewell was a first rd..this Sewell will be as well.

Not really. DeAnthony Thomas went to Oregon because he wanted to play RB. USC was recruiting him as a corner. I don't know how hard is to pull someone when you are allowing him to play the position that he wants to play.
This part..it’s some bad revisionist history in this thread rn

Advertisement
2021 #6 class .9236 average
2020 #12 class .9019 average
2019 #7 class .9060 average
2018 #13 class .8918 average
2017 #13 class .8724 average
2016 #27 class .8706 average
2015 #16 class .8871 average
2014 #21 class .8787 average
2013 #19 class .8773 average
2012 #14 class .8851 average
2011 #12 class .8924 average
2010 #12 class .8874

Seems those Nike bags didn’t help Oregon get a top 10 class until Mario got there and seemed those Nike bags never had them reach a .90 player average until Mario got there

His gameday coaching has a lot to be desired but imagine arguing he’s not one of the best if not the nest recruiters in the entire country

This is why his coordinator hires are so **** important and there is a 600 page thread about them. He will get the talent, he needs top flight coordinators to help it produce results

Correct, on the DB part. He was the number 1 rated DB actually once upon a time.

But the kid had to secretly visit Oregon. He was FLIPPED from USC when Lane Kiffin was pulling in those killer classes, and Lane was going to allow him to take snaps at RB. He was USC's Duke Johnson that cycle, didn't even take any recruiting visits before the Oregon trip right before signing day. He heavily recruited for USC.

It was no easy feat getting him there.

I'll stand by my statement.

In this the One fella is…and stash that natty lite you tripping. Number 5 from Oregon was the number 1 player overall in his class I believe is going number 1..nobody taking Thomas over thib..Sewell was a first rd..this Sewell will be as well.
Was he ever committed to another school? Did he take other visits (UF BAMA, and FSU iirc)? Did he recruit for other schools (nope)?

KT was an impressive pull no doubt.

But, the DAT flip is an all timer. Kid was a LA legend and went to Eugene Fn' Oregon to ball.

Advertisement
This part..it’s some bad revisionist history in this thread rn
That kid was the king of LA of football. He was a legend and they did in fact steal him from SC. It was a major coup that sent a message to the Pac10 at the time. What Mario did with KT sent a message to the country. Saban wanted that kid BAD

It’s ridiculous this dude dug in on this..he don’t even believe what he’s typing. Just a stubborn gayytor 😂
He does not get it, when feedback is unanimous that you are bad at work you get fired. Ps, he is bad and wrong, but can't hear the feedback.

Advertisement

The only metric is unanimous 5 stars, don't you know anything? Lol. Guy is a frustrated basement dweller.

He does not get it, when feedback is unanimous that you are bad at work you get fired. Ps, he is bad and wrong, but can't hear the feedback.
Not when you are surrounded by fools that have their heads shoved up Mario's ***. You know so little about recruiting you don't even know what an elite recruit is.

The only metric is unanimous 5 stars, don't you know anything? Lol. Guy is a frustrated basement dweller.
Basement dweller? You are the one defending a man, that you don't even know, as if he was your son. You sound like the basement dweller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back