2022 Miami is now #5 in the nation in avg. player ranking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even say Chip or Slick Willie were trash recruiters.

Yes, it is true, Chip hated recruiting, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good at it at Oregon, and his evaluation skills were among the finest in cfb at the time He landed some big time guys like Thomas, Armstead, and Seastrunk.

I don't understand this revisionist history that acts as if Oregon was some piece of **** dump of a program that never landed top recruits before Mario arrived. Remember, Mario was LURED AWAY from Alabama to coach there. You think he leaves Bama to go to a dumpster fire? Mario simply got Oregon (almost) back on track to where they were, which hopefully, he can do for us.
Its a ridiculous concept that is getting passed around here because our fans do that. Remember our fans saying the exact same about Right at UGA. "UGA couldn't pull talent before richt. 1980 LOLZ. Once he gets to So Fla he will pull number 1 class after number 1 class."

Advertisement
No one who understands recruiting is going to say that. If he signs 25 players, and 14 are three star recruits, the class is overrated, and only ranked high because we signed a lot of guys.

If he signs 6 three star recruits, 16 four star recruits, and 3 five star recruits, that class is legit, and we are on our way to competing with the big boys.
Key point "no one who understands recruiting and isn't a sunshine pumper" Most on here are sunshine pumpers or don't know schit about recruiting. Just look at the title of this thread lmao. Either the OP doesn't know schit about recruiting or was intentionally trying to spin this into supporting Mario.

It's not fact at all. How the **** you're going to talk about the 50% blue chip ratio when it comes to winning a national championship, but don't want to include 4 star recruits.
Because both are important. If you have a 50% blue chip ratio but its all guys who are barely 4 stars. Then you have a UGA team with 20 5 stars. There is a big difference in talent gap. You need to be able to land a lot of 5 stars to be a truly elite recruiter.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
I'd be willing to do the bet at 16. Anything more and the risk of a push is just too likely, per reports on the expected size of the our HS class. Does 16 work for you?
I understand where you are coming from, with it not being likely he lands more than 16 kids. I agree, that was what I was saying earlier on in my post and IF he did decide to land more than that our avg ranking would plummet. But if we do land 16 kids, and our average is being compared to people with 20+ kids for the most part, it wouldn't be a very fair comparison, so no I don't accept 16. Mainly because I think if he only lands 16 he could still stay in the top 12.

You love arguing. I never moved the goalposts I been saying this the entire time.
Lol 95% of the takes I argue are ones like these..nothing supports what your saying..u just spewing nonsense..bruh u said he has to prove he’s a elite Recruiter. It’s proven that he is and he’s proven that at every stop. Dude just pulled 2 high 4stars in a month from OOS who both went on record saying he’s the reason why..then add in Kelly and Wes for good measure ..Oregon had not had a top 10 class from 2006-2017..please provide a recruiting source that denies this fact..2 of Mario’s last 3 classes were top 10 at Oregon. That’s documented. If he stays they finish In the top 10 again easy this cycle ..and a good chance to be a top 5 class..you over here talking about a coach grabbing a few 5 stars over a period of time..Mario was doing that along with high 4stars..hence why he’s respected throughout CFB as a elite recruiter..

Advertisement
Lol 95% of the takes I argue are ones like these..nothing supports what your saying..u just spewing nonsense..bruh u said he has to prove he’s a elite Recruiter. It’s proven that he is and he’s proven that at every stop. Dude just pulled 2 high 4stars in a month from OOS who both went on record saying he’s the reason why..then add in Kelly and Wes for good measure ..Oregon had not had a top 10 class from 2006-2017..please provide a recruiting source that denies this fact..2 of Mario’s last 3 classes were top 10 at Oregon. That’s documented. If he stays they finish In the top 10 again easy this cycle ..and a good chance to be a top 5 class..you over here talking about a coach grabbing a few 5 stars over a period of time..Mario was doing that along with high 4stars..hence why he’s respected throughout CFB as a elite recruiter..
He pulled 4 5 stars in 5 years. That is not elite.

Do you not know how to use google? Jon Stewart, Haloti Ngata, Cameron Colvin are all 5 stars that Mike landed.

So from 2002 to 2008 he managed to recruit 3 5* to Oregon, basically 7 years pulled in 3 and that’s with already being at Oregon for many years prior and coming off some great seasons

Cristobal pulled in 4 in 3 years, not going to count this year since he left but did have a 5* committed in Banks

Bit of a difference don’t you think?

Everyone outside of sunshine pumping UM fans regards Mario as an elite recruiter. EVERYONE.

Oregon wasn’t some dump program but Eugene is in the middle of nowhere and not really a great area. There aren’t many kids in Oregon worthy of D1 offers. It’s not like they have some huge following outside of the state of Oregon.

He pulled 4 5 stars in 5 years. That is not elite.
It’s. *******.Eugene.Oregon..that’s wtf you don’t get. Then your purposely ignoring what he did at Bama..he was the head guy on Amari..jj..leatherwood etc..then you think u slick ignoring the high 4stars..kids who were top 5 -10 in their position groups in given cycles 😂..take this opinion on and carry the helll on

Advertisement
Everyone outside of sunshine pumping UM fans regards Mario as an elite recruiter. EVERYONE.

Oregon wasn’t some dump program but Eugene is in the middle of nowhere and really a great area. There aren’t many kids in Oregon worthy of D1 offers. It’s not like they have some huge following outside of the state of Oregon.
It’s ridiculous this dude dug in on this..he don’t even believe what he’s typing. Just a stubborn gayytor 😂

It’s. *******.Eugene.Oregon..that’s wtf you don’t get. Then your purposely ignoring what he did at Bama..he was the head guy on Amari..jj..leatherwood etc..then you think u slick ignoring the high 4stars..kids who were top 5 -10 in their position groups in given cycles 😂..take this opinion on and carry the helll on
Mike ******* Belotti got 5 stars to go there. Just because BUm *** Willie Taggart couldn't do it, doesn't mean Mario is elite for doing it. You are right I am ignoring what he did at Bama since he wasn't the HC there.

So from 2002 to 2008 he managed to recruit 3 5* to Oregon, basically 7 years pulled in 3 and that’s with already being at Oregon for many years prior and coming off some great seasons

Cristobal pulled in 4 in 3 years, not going to count this year since he left but did have a 5* committed in Banks

Bit of a difference don’t you think?
Ya because Belotti is a corch. That is my point. Even Belotti had a stretch where he landed 3 5*s in 4 years once he had a couple of big win seasons, just like Mario. Then he took those kids and had terrible records the following years, so kids stopped going to him. My whole point is getting 5 stars to Eugene is not some impossible task as all these people are saying. Belotti recruited a similar amount when he was competing for pac-12 championships just like Mario.

Advertisement
I understand where you are coming from, with it not being likely he lands more than 16 kids. I agree, that was what I was saying earlier on in my post and IF he did decide to land more than that our avg ranking would plummet. But if we do land 16 kids, and our average is being compared to people with 20+ kids for the most part, it wouldn't be a very fair comparison, so no I don't accept 16. Mainly because I think if he only lands 16 he could still stay in the top 12.
Fair enough. And I sincerely appreciate your acknowledgment that in a theoretical class size of up to 16 HS recruits, the chances of our 2022 class staying in the top 12 are significant enough to preclude you from accepting the wager.

It seems like you are saying you don't expect a class with many more (if any) recruits than 16, but that you expect the class will remain in a very good to great place by average recruit rating, which isn't too far afield from what most reasonable people are thinking/saying. Of course, you/me/CIS/slurpers/mopes/trolls/others may disagree on the conclusion(s) to be drawn from that premise (I am on record as saying that based on the timing of the hire, the c/o 2023 will be the real indicator of what Mario + UM recruiting looks and whether this marriage can work, so the c/o 2022 won't have a strong impact on my opinion of Mario as a recruiter or HC), but at least it looks like there is some common ground.

Fair enough. And I sincerely appreciate your acknowledgment that in a theoretical class size of up to 16 HS recruits, the chances of our 2022 class staying in the top 12 are significant enough to preclude you from accepting the wager.

It seems like you are saying you don't expect a class with many more (if any) recruits than 16, but that you expect the class will remain in a very good to great place by average recruit rating, which isn't too far afield from what most reasonable people are thinking/saying. Of course, you/me/CIS/slurpers/mopes/trolls/others may disagree on the conclusion(s) to be drawn from that premise (I am on record as saying that based on the timing of the hire, the c/o 2023 will be the real indicator of what Mario + UM recruiting looks and whether this marriage can work, so the c/o 2022 won't have a strong impact on my opinion of Mario as a recruiter or HC), but at least it looks like there is some common ground.
The main thing I was in here arguing is the "gaytor mathz" going on in this thread. I am not sure if you spend a lot of time in the Gator Tears thread, since I haven't been in there myself recently. But if anyone of the posters there came across a thread on Gheybait talking about how Napiers class of 9 guys was in the top 5 average recruit ranking and a home run class. There would post after post of our fans ripping them for doing gaytor mathz and using the famous gaytor calculator.

You on the other hand are reasonable and I don't want to take a bet with 50/50 odds. I will bet any day though against a sunshine pumper with their gaytor calculator, those are the type of odds I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back