Miami is #27 in gross revenue

Latin America is all catholic lol.

I don't think Latinos have any special affinity for the Notre Dame. I'm half cuban and raised Roman Catholic; the University of Miami was on our tv in the 1980s not Notre Dame. My wife was born and raised in Mexico and neither she nor any of her family know anything about Notre Dame other than a hunchback used to live there. The love for Notre Dame seems to be more of an Irish-American and Italian-American Catholic thing.

Advertisement
Only two spots behind Clemson.

Also, if Miami ever needed another reason to leave our ****ty conference, it's unbelievable that the Pac12 has higher gross revenue than the ACC. It looks like the Big 12 is bringing up the rear, but that's a misleading number. The Big 12 numbers aren't accurate because they don't take into account the third tier TV deals. It's the only conference that lets teams retain the third tier rights (games that aren't shown on ESPN or Fox). Baylor, Ok State, TCU and, WVU all make an additional $6-8 million each from the 3rd tier rights. The Big 12 revenue trend is blowing the ACC away.

0034517-gadr-1280X720.jpg
I was going to take this article on face value until I saw Auburn at #7 and Alabama at #9. C'mon?!?! So Alabama must be underreporting and pushing funds into "booster activity" or something...that can't be right.

wonder how much the AD actually makes after paying out the scholarships to the school, etc.

Advertisement
I was going to take this article on face value until I saw Auburn at #7 and Alabama at #9. C'mon?!?! So Alabama must be underreporting and pushing funds into "booster activity" or something...that can't be right.
Alabama isn’t a national brand no matter what anyone tells you.
If Miami ever makes the playoffs you will see everyone and their mama in Canes drip.
Some of the old heads like me will tell you. Back in 2001 everyone was rockin canes gear and everyone wanted in.
you ain’t going to Chicago and seeing role tide gear on anyone that isn’t a HS player begging for an offer.
If Miami wins everyone jumps on board cause everyone loves the city. It’s like Laker gear when they win or bulls gear when Jordan was there.
Bama has won a Fck ton of games and yet travel the country and unless your in the heart of kkklanville you ain’t seeing someone in any major market rocking anything with that elephant on it.

Ok - so Miami decides to leave the ACC, where do they go?

Also, that article left out this piece from where they sourced the data: "The ACC has been expected to see a dramatic increase in 2020, which was the first year of revenue from the ACC Network." (what was reported were 2019 numbers)

ACC network, please! Smh don’t make me laugh, that network is a joke! And probably won’t be around much longer unless the Tac-shaver becomes a best seller overnight. Lol

If Miami ever makes the playoffs you will see everyone and their mama in Canes drip.
Some of the old heads like me will tell you. Back in 2001 everyone was rockin canes gear and everyone wanted in.
you ain’t going to Chicago and seeing role tide gear on anyone that isn’t a HS player begging for an offer.
If Miami wins everyone jumps on board cause everyone loves the city. It’s like Laker gear when they win or bulls gear when Jordan was there.
Bama has won a Fck ton of games and yet travel the country and unless your in the heart of kkklanville you ain’t seeing someone in any major market rocking anything with that elephant on it.

I know I would rather have all the non Cane fans drippin in Miami gear than actually winning titles. We suck, but we sure can dress up the world in Canes gear.

I hear Bama fans constantly complaining that all their titles don’t mean **** because some yack in Chicago isn’t reppin Role Tide.

The ACC has done everything they can to ***** Miami every chance they got. Starting the FSU being our cross division Game every year and having it count. Amazingly, UNC gets to play Wake and they manage to have not count for ACC record. We’d have been in 4-5 conference title games minimum if it wasn’t for that. Thats not even getting into the the home cooking the refs give everyone of our conference opponents. It’s a joke and those hillbilly’s have been laughing for the last 15 years.
Miami playing FSU every year was not done to '***** Miami' - quite the opposite actually. When Miami joined the conference both Miami and FSU were National title contenders who were expected to win their division every year (how did that turn out) - they didn't want us in the same division b/c they wanted what they thought would be the 2 best teams in the ACC Championship game every (or at least most) years as opposed to only one of us being able to make it to the Championship game. If they hadn't made it so that we played FSU every year, fans from both teams would have been up in arms.

The UNC vs Wake not counting was a one game one year thing and was b/c it was scheduled as one of UNC's non-conference games. It was the same as if they scheduled Kentucky - I am not sure why you are so up in arms about it.

Advertisement
I know I would rather have all the non Cane fans drippin in Miami gear than actually winning titles. We suck, but we sure can dress up the world in Canes gear.

I hear Bama fans constantly complaining that all their titles don’t mean **** because some yack in Chicago isn’t reppin Role Tide.
Your jumping to a conclusion that was nowhere written or insinuated in my post.
I’m sure Bama also give 0.00 fcks about who wears their gear or not.
All I’m saying is Miami has more potential in being a national brand than Alabama will ever be. And as mopey or pro Bama as you want to be it’s actually significant considering they have multiple titles in the last 10 years and we have some Russell athletic bowl trophy where we beat an even less significant team in WV.

And it’s especially significant considering the lack of financial support this school has compared to state schools. So yeah, it would be pretty important to have people from California to New York and from Chicago to south Padre island wearing canes gear.
There is a reason why the first school to ever have Nike stamped on their uniform was Miami. And it’s also unfortunate that they dropped us. But trust me that we get to winning again and they’ll make an offer.

Have all the schools that came from the Big East have any success since they joined ACC? I remember VTech used to be better in the big East as well.

The Hokies have won the ACC four times and the Coastal six times (no divisions in 2004 when the won the conference).

Better success in the ACC than they had in the Big East, where the Hokies only won the conference outright once (1999) and split it twice (1995,1996).

The Hokies have won the ACC four times and the Coastal six times (no divisions in 2004 when the won the conference).

Better success in the ACC than they had in the Big East, where the Hokies only won the conference outright once (1999) and split it twice (1995,1996).
ACC is so bad VT won it 4 times and no one remembers. Didn’t WF win the ACC 10 years ago?

Advertisement
Miami playing FSU every year was not done to '***** Miami' - quite the opposite actually. When Miami joined the conference both Miami and FSU were National title contenders who were expected to win their division every year (how did that turn out) - they didn't want us in the same division b/c they wanted what they thought would be the 2 best teams in the ACC Championship game every (or at least most) years as opposed to only one of us being able to make it to the Championship game. If they hadn't made it so that we played FSU every year, fans from both teams would have been up in arms.

The UNC vs Wake not counting was a one game one year thing and was b/c it was scheduled as one of UNC's non-conference games. It was the same as if they scheduled Kentucky - I am not sure why you are so up in arms about it.
Because we would not get FSU as our cross division opponent every year if the schedule was normal. We should have counted FSU as a conference games on the years it would have occurred organically, and played them out of conference other years with a different cross division opponent. We win the coastal several times without that game. Fact is our conference schedule was on average much more difficult than our coastal counterparts because our cross division game was always against the best team in the other division versus the normal rotation.

Last edited:
If your an old Canes head throwing out 2001, then I’m an old old old Canes head. 😂😂😂
Also, I was just comparing Alabama to Auburn, so I guess your saying Auburn is a national brand? Lol. J/k

Advertisement
Back