Miami is #27 in gross revenue

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
Only two spots behind Clemson.

Also, if Miami ever needed another reason to leave our ****ty conference, it's unbelievable that the Pac12 has higher gross revenue than the ACC. It looks like the Big 12 is bringing up the rear, but that's a misleading number. The Big 12 numbers aren't accurate because they don't take into account the third tier TV deals. It's the only conference that lets teams retain the third tier rights (games that aren't shown on ESPN or Fox). Baylor, Ok State, TCU and, WVU all make an additional $6-8 million each from the 3rd tier rights. The Big 12 revenue trend is blowing the ACC away.

0034517-gadr-1280X720.jpg

Advertisement
Ok - so Miami decides to leave the ACC, where do they go?

Also, that article left out this piece from where they sourced the data: "The ACC has been expected to see a dramatic increase in 2020, which was the first year of revenue from the ACC Network." (what was reported were 2019 numbers)

Advertisement

Also, if Miami ever needed another reason to leave our ****ty conference, it's unbelievable that the Pac12 has higher gross revenue than the ACC. It looks like the Big 12 is bringing up the rear, but that's a misleading number. The Big 12 numbers aren't accurate because they don't take into account the third tier TV deals. It's the only conference that lets teams retain the third tier rights (games that aren't shown on ESPN or Fox). Baylor, Ok State, TCU and, WVU all make an additional $6-8 million each from the 3rd tier rights. The Big 12 revenue trend is blowing the ACC away.

****, Texas is wiping their *** with hundos

Advertisement
We wouldn't care which conference we were in if we were obliterating opponents. Maybe win a meaningful game every now and then, and then I'll complain more. Besides, agree with Shogun, there aren't any better conferences out there. They all suck.

This doesn’t seem to take into account the adidas deal, or the acc network.

If you mean Miami's deal with Adidas, I believe the last article points out that all schools retain third tier rights to apparel and merchandise. What makes the Big 12 unique is that schools retain their third tier TV rights. So a school (or a bunch of the smalls schools collectively) could theoretically go out and independently negotiate a deal with Netflix or Amazon to show the games that aren't picked up ESPN or Fox, which is added on top of whatever apparel deals they want to make.

The ACC numbers are a bit exaggerated as well because they added in Notre Dame's revenue, which (except for this year) doesn't share its NBC revenue with the rest of the conference. We'll see how much the ACC Network revenue adds to the totals. I don't think it will move the ACC in front of the Big 12, which as you can see from the graph has a sizeable lead, even without the third tier tv rights included. BTW- based on what I saw from the ACC Network this year, the quality is garbage. I don't think the announcers would be qualified to call a high school football game. (Hello, Brevin Johnson.)

The strength of the ACC is basketball, not football, and even the Dukes and UNCs of the world are never going to bring in the money that comes in for football. And I know the ACC Network isn't included in those figures, but with infomercials playing during marquee matchups, I'm not sure if the financial gap between us and the SEC is going to be bridged.

Advertisement

What until PAC12 figures out an NBA-esque Asian market deal.

$$ BILLIONS.

Ok - so Miami decides to leave the ACC, where do they go?

Also, that article left out this piece from where they sourced the data: "The ACC has been expected to see a dramatic increase in 2020, which was the first year of revenue from the ACC Network." (what was reported were 2019 numbers)

Personally, I'd rather jump to the Big 12 than stay in the ACC. Get into the Texas media market. You have a huge latino community in Texas, and Miami is considered the capital of Latin America. ****, since the Big 12 lets schools keep the third tier rights, Miami could ink a separate deal with Telemundo or Univision and become a staple of Saturday tv to basically become the Notre Dame of Latin America.

Advertisement
Personally, I'd rather jump to the Big 12 than stay in the ACC. Get into the Texas media market. You have a huge latino community in Texas, and Miami is considered the capital of Latin America. ****, since the Big 12 lets schools keep the third tier rights, Miami could ink a separate deal with Telemundo or Univision and become a staple of Saturday tv to basically become the Notre Dame of Latin America.
Sabado_Gigante_logo_(2008-Present).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how you think.....The U on this channel? Sign me up....

1609278606225.png

Last edited:
Not that it matters but who is a football conference anymore besides the SEC?

Here are your last 5 champions: Bama, Clemson, Bama, Clemson and LSU

(3) SEC
(2) ACC

Since 2010 (10 years), only ONE conference besides the ACC/SEC has a National Championship in football.

I'd have to put the conference that is smashing the rest in terms of revenue up there. The Big 10 might not be winning many football championships, but the absurd amount of money it is pulling in justifies it being considered a football conference.

I'd have to put the conference that is smashing the rest in terms of revenue up there. The Big 10 might not be winning many football championships, but the absurd amount of money it is pulling in justifies it being considered a football conference.

As for the underlined part: They have ONE over the last 10 years. They pull plenty of $$$ but money clearly doesn't guarantee chit. Please don't think this means $ isn't important, I am not saying that. I am just stating the obvious.

As for the bold part: This is completely subjective. This is not a defined term.

Advertisement
Back