Miami in Good Shape for 5-Star Thomas

He's taking his mom on the FSU visit and you're not worried?

When y'all bois gon learn to trust AG?

Is he gonna have to pull the top CB in the country out from under UF's nose?
Is he gonna have to go across country to snag the best JUCO TE in the country?
Is he gonna have to go grab a stud athletic DE out of the tampa area?
Is he gonna have to yoke two VT Commits from under their tree?

Oh wait...

You can say a lot of similar things about Randy Shannon. What Lu said.

Advertisement

Oh wait...

To earn real trust, he's going to have to exceed expectations in terms of wins...

...and then do it with relative consistency. That's just the way it works.

I was talking more about what he does on the recruiting trail, but your point still stands. He has much to prove when it comes to performance on Saturdays, but the performance on Saturdays is irrespective of who he is as a recruiter. He's probably a Top 10 recruiter in the country and that's me taking a measured approach because you could easily argue that he is top 5 or 6 when you consider what he recruited to UM last year, at the time he recruited said talent.

Oh wait...

To earn real trust, he's going to have to exceed expectations in terms of wins...

I was talking more about what he does on the recruiting trail, but your point still stands. He has much to prove when it comes to performance on Saturdays, but the performance on Saturdays is irrespective of who he is as a recruiter. He's probably a Top 10 recruiter in the country and that's me taking a measured approach because you could easily argue that he is top 5 or 6 when you consider what he recruited to UM last year, at the time he recruited said talent.

I guess my point is that, if he wins, the trust will trickle down to his recruiting decisions. He's in South Florida, to be honest. I'm surprised he doesn't stumble on skill position talent when he goes for a jog.

Oh wait...

I guess my point is that, if he wins, the trust will trickle down to his recruiting decisions. He's in South Florida, to be honest. I'm surprised he doesn't stumble on skill position talent when he goes for a jog.

I'm not talking about his talent evaluation. I'm talking about his ability to convince talent to come to Miami.

Im gonna say
Miami- Thomas, Kirkland
FSU- Coley, Bryant, Tim Williams
UF- Collins

Advertisement
Im gonna say
Miami- Thomas, Kirkland
FSU- Coley, Bryant, Tim Williams
UF- Collins

I'm curious to know if you don't realize we can see all your old user ids that have been banned or if you just don't give a chit and willingly waste your time?

Oh wait...

Everyone outside of Miami had us picked to finish next to last in the Coastal this year and to win 4 or 5 games. So, he's off to a good start in that respect too.

Last edited:

Oh wait...

You can say a lot of similar things about Randy Shannon. What Lu said.

Randy Shannon's recruiting was utter trash aside from the one class basically handed to him. And that one didn't even turn out well.

Oh wait...

Everyone outside of Miami had us picked to finish next to last in the Coastal this year and to win 4 or 5 games. So, he's off to a good start in that respect too.

He's doing everything right up to this point. I'm a fan. But, to get that real "**** it, Golden likes him" trust, we'll need to see the plan come together. Like I've said countless times, maybe my favorite thing is that he has A plan (his own) and it'll either work or won't. We were going on a full decade without any plan.

Advertisement
I want to read some academic, peer-reviewed, written by PhD's, high-level, published in some fancy scientific journal type **** before I go on thinking that three ****ing quarters of all high school football recruits sign with the school they visited last.

Until then, I'm going to keep *********ing to the idea of Matthew Thomas in a 'Canes jersey, invading the FSU backfield next year and, figuratively or not, murdering their quarterback, **** Trickle, or whatever the **** his name is.

FWIW I've done a study over the last 5 years. In that time 43.560% have signed where they last visited.

bon-jovi-bow_a_GIFSoup.com.jpg

I bet Matthew Thomas doesnt even take the visit to UGA…this is a UM/FSU battle and has been for a long time…

This kid is a cane for sure. I took my mom on an official visit because she wanted to see the other schools and what they had to offer. Playing as a freshman and mom seeing him play every saturday will override driving or flying to Tallahassee. CANE LOCK!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Oh wait...

He's doing everything right up to this point. I'm a fan. But, to get that real "**** it, Golden likes him" trust, we'll need to see the plan come together. Like I've said countless times, maybe my favorite thing is that he has A plan (his own) and it'll either work or won't. We were going on a full decade without any plan.

So until "we" trust Golden, we should go off our amateur fan-based Internet YouTube evaluations and question his decisions because we know better?

My main point was that I'm confident in Al and believe that Al should have earned the trust of the fan base as it pertains to recruiting battles.

I wasn't talking about his evaluations, coaching philosophy, or gameday coaching strategy. I'm confident in Al's ability to sell the program and convince kids that Miami is good place to further their education and football careers.

Sandland
Howard
McCord
Lockhart
Blue...

...are all a testament to his dogged approach on the recruiting trail and his ability to have kids and their parents buy in to what he and the staff are selling. That's what I mean when I say trust in Al when it comes to MT

"Only one thing counts, getting them to sign on the dotted line"

No one walks on a lot if they have no intention of buying.

Advertisement
I walked into a Maserati dealer last week with less than no intention of
buying:)

More like a trip to a museum.

/was early for a nearby lunch

Oh wait...

So until "we" trust Golden, we should go off our amateur fan-based Internet YouTube evaluations and question his decisions because we know better?

No, you can do as you please, of course. I'm describing what I anticipate will happen and how I will view it. I hope that is acceptable to you.

Opinions....everyone has them. Why can one not disagree with another on this board without being chastised? Seem like everyone is right and everyone else is wrong smh

Opinions....everyone has them. Why can one not disagree with another on this board without being chastised? Seem like everyone is right and everyone else is wrong smh

Not only is that apart of every message board, it's apart of life, a ****** part no doubt, but apart of it nonetheless

Advertisement
Back