Miami in discussions to play against Alabama or LSU

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...gainst-alabama-or-lsu?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

Per the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson, Miami has been approached to play either Alabama in 2017 or LSU in 2018. The game with the Crimson Tide would most likely be in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic, which the team is participating in this season against West Virginia. The latter matchup likely points to a high-profile edition of the Cowboys Classic at AT&T Stadium.

It does appear talks are in the early stages, and Jackson notes that the Hurricanes will only play one of the two proposed matchups. Miami plays at Rutgers in 2018 as the only notable non-conference game against a power team either year, so a second road trip to Dallas the same season is probably somewhat of a long shot.

That could point to a Hurricanes-Crimson Tide game as being a bit more likely if you are reading the tea leaves. While it would be a bit more fun to see a home-and-home between the two programs, we probably shouldn't be too greedy considering the stature of the two powerhouses.

The new Atlanta Stadium that will be the home of the Falcons is scheduled to open prior to the 2017 season and a college game featuring Alabama and Miami would certainly be a nice kickoff event, as well.

Advertisement
I said this in the last thread, but there is no way we play a non home 2018 non conference game against LSU, when we are scheduled to play @ Rutgers and @ Toledo. Only way is we switch the home/away dates for the Rutgers game.
We just need to hope we can get that 2017 game against Bama.

I said this in the last thread, but there is no way we play a non home 2018 non conference game against LSU, when we are scheduled to play @ Rutgers and @ Toledo. Only way is we switch the home/away dates for the Rutgers game.

How about keep Rutgers, and tell Toledo to kick bricks. How does that sound? Sounds like a win win to me.

Advertisement
I can't believe we agreed to go to Toledo.

Depending on the year, Toledo puts out some decent offenses. I doubt either coach is around at that time, but that could potentially be a problem for our defense.

My prediction, we won't play AL or LSU since it goes against little al's vision of future schedules. For a guy who's said he respects our past, this is an opportunity to bring back some of that anytime, anywhere, etc. There's too many FIU's of the world for him to pass up.

How about keep Rutgers, and tell Toledo to kick bricks. How does that sound? Sounds like a win win to me.

Well that would be the best case scenario. I, just like RiDLer80, can't believe we are doing a home-away with Toledo.
Either way, unless one of those two things changes, we aren't playing LSU. Traveling to Toledo is stupid though. I'm sorry but I don't really like home-away's unless it's for a power 5 conference school. (like Nebraska, Mich St, FLORIDA!!).

Advertisement
We'll probably travel to Toledo first, and then they decline to play us in the return game, and pay the fee.

Every Year we should play at least one if not two power conference teams in non-conference play. That's what the old Miami would have done. I'm not very impressed with our future schedules as it stands right now. The only power conference games we have on the schedule in upcoming years are ones that Randy Shannon scheduled......I KNOW RIGHT. Here's a look

2015- Nebraska, @FAU (AT STUPID FAU...are you kidding me), @Cincinnati = I guess this year is decent with Nebraska and Cincy

2016- Florida A&M, @Notre Dame (WHEN ARE THEY GONNA COME DOWN TO OUR HOUSE, we play them in a bowl, then at a "neutral site" game in Chicago **cough cough** not neutral and now we go to Notre Dame, what kinda BS is this crap) , FAU

2017-@Arkansas State (ONCE AGAIN ARE YOU KIDDING ME AT ARKANSAS STATE Jesus I need a beer), Toledo = Thats It...

2018-@Toledo (I think like the ppl above me on this one), and @Rutgers = again weak

2019- Rutgers = thats it for this one

2020 and 2021- Home and away series with Michigan State = NOW I CAN DIG THAT

All in all i would like to see some better teams on here and also why are we going to these stupid sun belt schools to play...this is ridiculous.

Every Year we should play at least one if not two power conference teams in non-conference play. That's what the old Miami would have done. I'm not very impressed with our future schedules as it stands right now. The only power conference games we have on the schedule in upcoming years are ones that Randy Shannon scheduled......I KNOW RIGHT. Here's a look

2015- Nebraska, @FAU (AT STUPID FAU...are you kidding me), @Cincinnati = I guess this year is decent with Nebraska and Cincy

2016- Florida A&M, @Notre Dame (WHEN ARE THEY GONNA COME DOWN TO OUR HOUSE, we play them in a bowl, then at a "neutral site" game in Chicago **cough cough** not neutral and now we go to Notre Dame, what kinda BS is this crap) , FAU

2017-@Arkansas State (ONCE AGAIN ARE YOU KIDDING ME AT ARKANSAS STATE Jesus I need a beer), Toledo = Thats It...

2018-@Toledo (I think like the ppl above me on this one), and @Rutgers = again weak

All in all i would like to see some better teams on here and also why are we going to these stupid sun belt schools to play...this is ridiculous.

The old Miami was independent.

Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

Lose, lose, lose. Until you win.

Advertisement
Lol the old miami won those games. The new miami needs to beat duke unc and UVA on a consistent basis to even think about playing lsu and bama

Lol the old miami won those games. The new miami needs to beat duke unc and UVA on a consistent basis to even think about playing lsu and bama

This. Going to Atlanta to play 'Bama is a suicide march. It's good to be bold, but also gotta be smart.

Advertisement
I have no problem maintaining anytime, anyplace, anywhere, but based on what our current coaching staff has done, the thought of both of these games currently makes me want to close my eyes and wait for the scary part to end (which could be the entire game). This season will be telling on where we stand and how either of these potential matchups might end up looking. As I think if these matchups, my mind keeps going back to the LSU bowl game when we came in thinking we were going to have a good game and it got ugly quick.

Saban and Miles are praying for this matchup right now. Miami is not what it used to be, but we still have a big enough name and them crushing us on national tv would be huge for them in recruiting, especially in S. Fla.

I'm down with anyone, anytime, anywhere - as long a it's a home-and-home. This BS about "neutral site" games with no return trip is just stupid and furthers the notion that Miami like every other school is the ******* child of the almighty SEC. ***** that - you play us at home or kick rocks.

The old Miami was independent.

Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

Lose, lose, lose. Until you win.

The old Miami was coached by Howard Schnellenberger. The new Miami is coached by two chumps that are lucky to have a job in div. 1A.

477.gif

Advertisement
Back