Miami Hurricanes Land Top JUCO Offensive Tackle Markel Bell

View as article
I'm thinking this

LT Bell
LG Cooper
C Rivers or Portal (or Lee obviously…But I would expect portal if both Rivers/Lee leave, Rivers has practiced at center before under both staffs I believe)
RG Mauigao or McCoy
RT Mauigoa or McCoy

top 3 backups:
Oku, Kinsler, R.Rod
Rivers would have to enter the draft in this scenario. He's done enough to keep his job, bell would really need to be a standout. Maybe something like this if Rivers returns

LT Bell
LG Rivers
C Portal
RG Cooper
RT Mauigoa
Swing Okunlola

I think Rivers NFL future is at Guard so maybe he will be fine with a switch.

Advertisement
Yeah I don’t know to me Mauigoa makes sense as a guard and could be dominating so that could open up

LT Bell
LG Mauigoa
C Lee or someone
RG Anez
RT Samson

Leaves McCoy and Kinsler as the next 2 which is obviously amazing if they stay after not potentially starting again (McCoy more than Kinsler)
Lee doesn’t have any eligibility after this season

Having guys like Samson, Kinsler, and McCoy compete and develop is and advantage that most teams wish they had.

This is how you’re supposed to do it.
Pringles beeeaatchh!!
Now let’s heat up the arm talent cause we got max protect coming!!!!

OIG (11).jpeg

Advertisement
Rivers would have to enter the draft in this scenario. He's done enough to keep his job, bell would really need to be a standout. Maybe something like this if Rivers returns

LT Bell
LG Rivers
C Portal
RG Cooper
RT Mauigoa
Swing Okunlola

I think Rivers NFL future is at Guard so maybe he will be fine with a switch.
Rivers would go to center

We should play with 7 OL at all times. ***** it. Any RB would peel and touch with this line!

Advertisement
Nice pickup. Curious what their plan is for the line next year. Obviously practices will dictate it but with only 2 years to play they see him starting at one of the tackle spots. If Rivers returns does he kick inside? Mauigoa should hold down RT...also wonder what it means for McCoy and Okunlola...guess it's a good problem to have

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami has to be a QB dream!!! Potential 2024

LT - S. Okunola 6’6 330
LG - Jalen Rivers 6’5 325
C - Zion Nelson 👀 6’5 320 👀
RG - Francis Mauigoa 6’6 340
RT - Markel Bell 6’8 340
Lol… rivers is leaving, Lee will likely be back, Zion is not likely playing again, where’s Cooper, Okunola is injured and wasn’t ready when he wasn’t injured.

I guess anything is possible because Mirabal will look for ‘best 5,’ but the simplest answer is to keep Cooper and Mauigoa exactly where they currently play. If Lee is rumored to be back, that would be an other worldly C/RG/RT combination. Let the rest of the guys fight to the death for LT/LG. No need to complicate things.

The DT position is the only spot that needs some more juice.

Outside of that, our recruitment on the OL and Edge has been A1.

Hopefully that is addressed in the portal immediately and via recruitment moving forward.
Agreed. Burroughs helps a ton but we need two more grown men inside.

And not 285lb twitchy guys. We need true 1T bodies.

Advertisement
Back