Miami Hurricanes Land Top JUCO Offensive Tackle Markel Bell

View as article
Advertisement
NGL, this is a huge commitment and I did not expect it. Been around crootin for a long time and JUCO kids that play on the LOS and are originally from MS are a very tough pull away from ole miss/msu and the sec in general.

Kudos to Mario and staff for picking up our starting LT for next year.

It’s been reported on here a number of times that his injury is highly likely career ending. As in the kid can barely walk at this point. Bone on bone and no cartilage left. If the kid sees another snap of football I would be surprised.

Really? Who’s said that? You sure they were talking about Samson?

Advertisement
Bell, Mauigoa, and Lee!!
We’re running left and daring you to stop it.
1699056955072.jpeg

Advertisement
Also getting a transfer like this from Mississippi is huge. They're typically SEC fan boys and transfers who have a chance to move up usually would prefer to move back closer to home. So we beat the SEC AND moving home. That's a testament to the trust Bell has in Mario/Mirabel for his development.

What makes some of you think Okunola can play guard?

Love the pick up. Let him and Okunola competer. Iron sharpens iron.

I recognize the risk that if Bell is starting at LT and Francis at RT after spring ball that Okunola might transfer. He’s a 5 star talent that was heavily recruited. Somebody will tamper and offer him $$$ to come be a starting tackle. If that happens so be it. Take the cash savings and go get a DT or CB.

Advertisement
What makes some of you think Okunola can play guard?

Love the pick up. Let him and Okunola competer. Iron sharpens iron.

I recognize the risk that if Bell is starting at LT and Francis at RT after spring ball that Okunola might transfer. He’s a 5 star talent that was heavily recruited. Somebody will tamper and offer him $$$ to come be a starting tackle. If that happens so be it. Take the cash savings and go get a DT or CB.
To me it’s trading in one year of Bell for two years of Samson. Seems stupid to me. Has to be a plan to move kids around and I assume it’s Mauigoa moving to LG. Can’t move Cooper anywhere he’s unbelievable at RG.

Advertisement
To me it’s trading in one year of Bell for two years of Samson. Seems stupid to me. Has to be a plan to move kids around and I assume it’s Mauigoa moving to LG. Can’t move Cooper anywhere he’s unbelievable at RG.
I can see Mauigoa moving inside to G or staying at OT. I cant see Bell playing G.

Advertisement
Back