Miami Hurricanes Land Top JUCO Offensive Tackle Markel Bell

View as article
Advertisement
Mario has the right blueprint: You build from the trenches out. Our OL under Mario is always going to be the strength of this team and I am more than OK with that.

Nothing made me happier than to see our OL bully TAMU and Clemson. They are working on game to game consistency, but our OL is trending in the right direction.

Bell is a walking wall. Awesome pickup.

The DT position is the only spot that needs some more juice.

Outside of that, our recruitment on the OL and Edge has been A1.

Hopefully that is addressed in the portal immediately and via recruitment moving forward.

View attachment 264086

Markel Bell, the highly-touted four-star offensive tackle from Holmes Community College, has announced his commitment to the Hurricanes. Bell's decision came on the heels of his official visit to Coral Gables last weekend, which seemingly sealed the deal for the gifted lineman.

At 6-8.5 and a commanding 340 pounds, Bell dominates the line of scrimmage with a rare combination of size and agility. His physical attributes and on-field prowess have earned him the distinction of being the number one ranked junior college offensive tackle in the nation, as well as the number five overall junior college player—a testament to his skill set and potential at the next level.

Miami's triumph in securing Bell's commitment is all the more significant given the fierce competition they faced. Bell, a native of Cleveland, Mississippi, was heavily recruited by notable programs, most notably Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
CIS Grief Counselors are on standby 24/7 to help the estrogen and estrogen-adjacent porsters cope through this difficult time of shock and feelings of insecurity.

FYZICAL.

IMG_20231104_070059.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Definitely one of the Top 5 players in our class. I wonder where he will play next year? Can he play guard? Ideally we play him at LT but what about Rivers and Okunlola? Figure it out in the spring I guess.

View attachment 264086

Markel Bell, the highly-touted four-star offensive tackle from Holmes Community College, has announced his commitment to the Hurricanes. Bell's decision came on the heels of his official visit to Coral Gables last weekend, which seemingly sealed the deal for the gifted lineman.

At 6-8.5 and a commanding 340 pounds, Bell dominates the line of scrimmage with a rare combination of size and agility. His physical attributes and on-field prowess have earned him the distinction of being the number one ranked junior college offensive tackle in the nation, as well as the number five overall junior college player—a testament to his skill set and potential at the next level.

Miami's triumph in securing Bell's commitment is all the more significant given the fierce competition they faced. Bell, a native of Cleveland, Mississippi, was heavily recruited by notable programs, most notably Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
Clipbacks Reaction GIF by Omer Studios

Advertisement
Bell is coming for that LT spot. I have a hard time seeing a 6’9 kid playing inside and like Bain, with Mauigoa, if it aint broke don’t fix it. Leave him where he is. Let him and Pancake duke it out, competition and depth is what this program needs waaaay more of. I trust them to put the best 5 on the field either way.
Of Course You let them battle it out. You want the best 5.
To me Maugioa and Cooper are locks. However I wouldn't say they are locks for the right side. Cooper you probably just leave on the right side cause it doesn't make much difference which side he's on. But Mauigoa, I could see a situation where say Bell plays better on the Right than Samson does on the left as a possibility...Anyways Rivers and Lee would be locks too if they returned. Doubt Rivers returns though. Lee I actually wouldn't be very surprised if he returned. If he grades as a day 3 guy, I think he comes back.

LT: OPEN COMPETITION BETWEEN EVERYONE
LG: Runner up to LT comp.
C: Lee. Or Rodriguez vs McCoy/Kinsler

Advertisement
Definitely one of the Top 5 players in our class. I wonder where he will play next year? Can he play guard? Ideally we play him at LT but what about Rivers and Okunlola? Figure it out in the spring I guess.

I'm thinking this

LT Bell
LG Cooper
C Rivers or Portal (or Lee obviously…But I would expect portal if both Rivers/Lee leave, Rivers has practiced at center before under both staffs I believe)
RG Mauigao or McCoy
RT Mauigoa or McCoy

top 3 backups:
Oku, Kinsler, R.Rod

Advertisement
Back