2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
The math does work though and it’s based on a bell curve distribution model. When you have 25 commits or more dropping a 3 or 2 will only cost you a couple points, maybe only one.
I agree it is weighted I just dont know how. I dont think it can be a bell curve model because then the highest weight would be in the middle and the guys at the top and bottom of the class would have minimal impact (in order for it to be a true bell curve) I think its more weighted on a sliding scale model where if you have a top heavy class the bottom guys dont really matter when it comes to altering the score.

I never understand why grown men feel the need to ridicule the decisions a 16-17 year old kid does for a little attention. This young man might not make the best decisions yet but he is an absolute freak physically and will probably mature just a little both physically and mentally over the next 3-4 years especially with real mentors in his life. Thats just my opinion of course...

💯

Advertisement
I agree it is weighted I just dont know how. I dont think it can be a bell curve model because then the highest weight would be in the middle and the guys at the top and bottom of the class would have minimal impact (in order for it to be a true bell curve) I think its more weighted on a sliding scale model where if you have a top heavy class the bottom guys dont really matter when it comes to altering the score.
I believe they are using the Standard deviations as weight and it works opposite how you see it. They go from the middle out with the middle being the highest recruits. So recruit 1-3 will get close to 100% if their value and then it drop. After the first third of the class the values drop even more and so on.

Advertisement
1702663205360.png

And he's truly just a kid. Dude is only 16 yrs old which is crazy to think he's about to be on a college campus. Hopefully he matures up real quick

Agreed. If Mario & Co are building what we think they are, he'll be surrounded by some good dudes and can develop nicely for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I the only one not thrilled to see him post that pic lol. Maybe just scarred from years of recruiting let downs from South fl players but seems like it would be an epic troll...and the dude has already flip flopped plenty...Hopefully the insiders didn't jump the gun here
Insiders??? Jump the gun???? ......
tim tebow gay GIF
..... 🤣 🤣

And he's truly just a kid. Dude is only 16 yrs old which is crazy to think he's about to be on a college campus. Hopefully he matures up real quick
This is where “culture” and leadership become so important. Guys like Bain’s and the other leaders on the team will humble him a bit and get him to buy in to the work.

Advertisement
Back