2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Kid is going to win the floor routine in Olympic gymnastics with all these flips. It’s all about the money. He can’t get it until he graduates HS and matriculates so he’s reclassified. He likes both programs so he’ll let the highest NIL decide (maybe Miami is a marginal favorite but we need to match).

The real challenge is how to structure the contract. Because if he doesn’t see the field a lot in year one and the money isn’t tied up somehow, he’s hitting the portal. Whoever is handling NIL contracting is fast becoming one of our most important “staffers” even if they aren’t technically working for the program.

Advertisement
Agreed; better he bust here than elsewhere...meaning you take the risk with players of this caliber (the only exception of course would be if there are character issues) because he raises your floor even if he busts. But, his ceiling is so much higher than your typical 3-star (South Florida 3 star or not) that even as a bust he would be no different than said 3-star.

You bring in the talent and rely on your culture and roster to maximize the kid's potential.

A future passing rushing DL of Wayne, Bain, Blount, and Lightfoot would be fun to watch.
And to add to this, you also have to take into consideration what Jeudy said in 2017 and Im paraphrasing, savages want to play with savages. Landing a 5 star brings positive attention to the program in general. These kids take notice when you are bringing in top talent. They want to compete against the best and be the best.

Cause Bain is Bain. Miami didn't make him who he is. He would be doing this at any school.

And from what I understand we like Blount inside, not at the edge. Maybe FSU is selling him on playing edge.
That would be my guess.
While I agree with you about that…

Perception will always be that whoever and whatever program is part of the reason for said player… the bosa brothers were gonna be beasts no matter what… yet OSU gets full credit

Etc…

Advertisement
Kid seems mad immature which is expected since he's still a child lol. He needs to stay in high school another year to develop and mature as a young man. He likely will not contribute his first year maybe even his second due to his age/size. Y'all really think with the way he's already moving he'll be mature enough to wait a year or two to play? After that Jackson kid that reclassified and left I'm good on this idea and willing to concede to FSU and let him be their headache.
When the kids act like this they're usually the puppets and the parent is pulling the strings! See Cormani McClain!

Advertisement
Ayo Blount. We good ✌️
greg jennings GIF by Twitter

You’re buggin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back