2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
Advertisement
Bain is/was the better player but didn’t have as high of a ceiling athletically. In the end though one guy is ranked 21st in his class and the other guy was ranked 63rd. Look, it’s clear Bain should have been a 5 star but y’all acting like he was utterly disrespected when he was a a composite top rated kid only 30 spots away from that fifth star.
Yeah and Bain had one of the biggest rating jumps from where he was initially ranked to where he finished.

In 12 months he went from a .9231 rating and 197 ranked player to .9709 and 61st ranked player.

Obviously should have been higher but it's not like people were calling this kid a scrub.

Bain is/was the better player but didn’t have as high of a ceiling athletically. In the end though one guy is ranked 21st in his class and the other guy was ranked 63rd. Look, it’s clear Bain should have been a 5 star but y’all acting like he was utterly disrespected when he was a a composite top rated kid only 30 spots away from that fifth star.
All you have to do is put on the Sr. film of both then tell me who should be higher and it's not close IMO.

Cause Bain is Bain. Miami didn't make him who he is. He would be doing this at any school.

And from what I understand we like Blount inside, not at the edge. Maybe FSU is selling him on playing edge.
That would be my guess.
I think he is an edge too put 25lbs of good weight through the years and stick him inside on 3rd down if u want him at dt

I think he is an edge too put 25lbs of good weight through the years and stick him inside on 3rd down if u want him at dt
Blount is a DT through and through. By the time he gets through a P5 SC program in year 1 he will be a DT. Also at this rate Bain could be a DT as well. Kid was 6’3 277 his first year and has that frame to keep bulking up.

Advertisement
Blount is a DT through and through. By the time he gets through a P5 SC program in year 1 he will be a DT. Also at this rate Bain could be a DT as well. Kid was 6’3 277 his first year and has that frame to keep bulking up.

I was sitting right behind the team at the BC game and got a really good look at Bain. Kid is absolutely built like a DT especially from the midriff down, and will only get stouter. If Mesidor or Kelly were healthy, I'd rather have Bain out on the field at 3 tech than Deen or Gore. Given our DT situation, I guarantee he's going to see a lot of snaps inside unless we land a grad transfer type stud in the portal.

I was sitting right behind the team at the BC game and got a really good look at Bain. Kid is absolutely built like a DT especially from the midriff down, and will only get stouter. If Mesidor or Kelly were healthy, I'd rather have Bain out on the field at 3 tech than Deen or Gore. Given our DT situation, I guarantee he's going to see a lot of snaps inside unless we land a grad transfer type stud in the portal.
Credit to @Memnon who called it last fall, on Bain eventually ending up inside.

Advertisement
Is he ending up inside because of our lack of depth at DT or because he’s better there. He was producing great at DE and probably where he prefers to play

I'm not saying Bain is playing inside next season. I'm saying that's what his body type is going to take him at some point. He's such a freak he will be exceptional regardless of where he lines up. ... However, if we don't land in a top portal kid, it is inevitable they will need to use Bain inside.

Is he ending up inside because of our lack of depth at DT or because he’s better there. He was producing great at DE and probably where he prefers to play
That decision is above my pay grade. All I remember when I was asking about him as a prospect last year I was told on here that he very well could end up inside. Now that we’ve seen him in a Canes uniform, I can definitely see it. This kid looks like the type that will dominate anywhere you put him along the DL.

Advertisement
That decision is above my pay grade. All I remember when I was asking about him as a prospect last year I was told on here that he very well could end up inside. Now that we’ve seen him in a Canes uniform, I can definitely see it. This kid looks like the type that will dominate anywhere you put him along the DL.
I like him at the DT spot but I’m sure the staff would move guys around constantly. They put there best 3 or 4 on the line and it works.

Advertisement
I'm in the boat that you do whatever it takes to get him back in. It's an optics thing. If FSU proves it can start cherry picking the best players out of the tri county area, we're so beyond screwed.
Bruh if they have a season like they had and we still are pushing it shows those records don’t mean a **** thing. Like I always said recruiters recruit regardless of product. I believe it cause it happens alll the time every cycle. If we get him back that’s a talent and Bain will get him the one on ones he needs. If u add two elite DLineman their numbers will be insane just cause of Bain.

Advertisement
Back