2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

What y’all think he weighed when he enrolled? 250-260? If so that’s excellent gains in what 4 months ish? Not just packing on weight but putting on 3-4 lbs per month.
he probably came in closer to 270. Kid hasnt been small in along time.

There is another big kid like him in ft lauderdale....i think he is about to be a freshman at Plantation and we already have seen him as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I’m not saying it’s a bad thing just we get spoiled when we see guys like Bain

These trench positions take time sometimes
bain and mauigoa ... i'm hard on okunloa because of mauigoa's success ... the trenches are an age game, but i'd like to think 5 star status means your prepared a little sooner than a regular oline

bain and mauigoa ... i'm hard on okunloa because of mauigoa's success ... the trenches are an age game, but i'd like to think 5 star status means your prepared a little sooner than a regular oline
Sure I get that

I usually look at the strength numbers, not necessarily in an S&C way but guys like Bain and Mauigoa are so freakishly strong for their age they can hold up

Love Samson as a prospect but he needed to add a lot of strength imo and injuries don’t really help that

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a bad thing just we get spoiled when we see guys like Bain

These trench positions take time sometimes
We used to have a Bain and a NFL DT every single year and most years had more then just a couple. This is just my opinion and I get what you’re saying but this program should always have dogs on defense and speed everywhere. Blount to me is a dog off the edge and even though we are looking for a replacement for Kelly, Blount may be that guy.

We used to have a Bain and a NFL DT every single year and most years had more then just a couple. This is just my opinion and I get what you’re saying but this program should always have dogs on defense and speed everywhere. Blount to me is a dog off the edge and even though we are looking for a replacement for Kelly, Blount may be that guy.
Oh my man trust me I’m with you as well. We also used to have NFL guys waiting their turn

I think talent wise we are building back and that 2023 class was different

Advertisement
Feel like discussed this earlier but 2 different situations.. Mauigoa played at IMG, iron sharpen iron every practice, playing schools like central against Bain type talent.. Samson was in mass playing against who knows.. lol..

Agree, but 3-Tech, so he could stand up if needed in Guidry's 3-3. Rich man's JHH.

My only request is we don't rush him. He's just turned 17. I realize he's already a big body. But he's still growing into it. Let's not have another Kelly situation where we play him too early too often and he gets injured. I even hope he is paired with the 2nd/3rd teamers in practice. Getting blocked by Rivers or Coop every snap is just too much pounding right now, IMHO. Kid will be a superstar in 2025 and definitely 2026 if he stays healthy.
that's not whats going on with the Kelley situation. So if you dont know stop causing this bull chit smoke. you have n o idea what going on. It will come out in due time . just fcking chill.

Advertisement
Oh my man trust me I’m with you as well. We also used to have NFL guys waiting their turn

I think talent wise we are building back and that 2023 class was different
The problem is when you stack classes dudes are gonna leave. But that’s where the portal comes into play. You are also cutting dead weight which no one talks about and adding talent which usually is experienced. Miami has adapted while others have cried. Talent is there. Time to win.

Advertisement
Miami saw him as a 3-tech from day one. They didn't bring him here to play DE.

To be honest, his ability off the edge is relatively average. But if you slide him inside he now has a huge athletic advantage.
A little tangential, but how do you feel about the 1-tech position at miami? (Not for mando, but from miami's roster). Seems like there are more unknowns at that position, hoping someone emerges who can anchor the d-line down there

i just saw an interview with Blount by Alex Donno (posted to youtube 3 days ago). Donno asked him his height and weight and Blount said "6-4 and I just weighed in today at 272".
He can gain 5-8lbs of mass before the season starts and is still a freshman. He'll play at the same weight LT did

Advertisement
Back