2024 Miami Hurricanes Land Five-Star Recruit Armondo Blount...Again

View as article
If FSU guys are conceding..its for a reason. Probably stopped returning FSU phone calls or is ghosting them. Totally different vibe then the "Riley visiting Bama this weekend" news. UM guys dont seem to be jumping ship and changing predictions just yet. FSU knows its only a matter of time and this is pretty much over. That is very positive news for a real flip.

Advertisement
I'm not saying this is apples to apples.. but I would rather have the kid onboard today and see what shakes out down the road, maybe he leaves maybe he doesn't.. but I thought Antoine Jackson would be a total bust after all his back and forth last year, and he went on to really surprise as a FR. DL obviously harder to compete early than at CB.. but it's a good problem to have.

I feel like there's probably not enough data here but I wonder if anyone's actually looked into recruits that re-classify and whether what % of those end up becoming busts.

Great question.

It’s a relatively new thing, so we may just not have enough to see how it affects the kid and outcome.

So far, I have two data points. The DB from last year and now Blount.

Advertisement
mondays fsu GIF
Dis how funny 💩 is for us. All these fools putting in flips gon make Blount change his mind and stay with FSU. Don't let it happen MC lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like there's probably not enough data here but I wonder if anyone's actually looked into recruits that re-classify and whether what % of those end up becoming busts.
I’m a big fan of it if those kids are mature and take the workout plan seriously. Don’t get discouraged bc you get a redshirt, etc. If not, it defeats the entire purpose of doing it.

I’d imagine the whole trial by fire thing isn’t great for 17 year old linemen in P5. But you might can get away with it at some skill positions.

Its pretty damning the Norvell can go 13-0, Mario can't coach and is 12-12 in his first two years at UM, and kids would rather play for Mario.
Mario is not a new HC, people forget that he has a track record at Oregon to fall back and point to. Not just what has happen here at a place who been losing for decades.

Advertisement
Back