Miami Hurricanes at the nfl combine

nah the striker position isn’t a package it’s our base defense which is the problem. Finley has no real work at the safety position. If the striker position was a sub package than he would have tape of him playing safety then rotating to striker when needed. And the striker would be a position with more impact.

The position not only does players playing the position a disservice, it also puts too much stress on the only two LBers that have to make up for having one less lber on the field every down.
Our base D is a 4-3..most teams in college run a spread making using 3 LBS obsolete. Remember the *****ing that went on when Dno ran Linebackers out to cover the slot of a RB flexed out. Even when Diaz got here he depended on 3 LBs abd when a offense exploited fans *****ed about needing more speed ..yea..most CFB defense runs a version of a 4-2-5 to combat this. The reason, you want more speed on the field to make adjustments to what the offense can present in 11 personel or 10 personel. The only other D I can play today is 3-3-5..and I’m sure y’all would complain about the lack of a lineman lol..the “striker” position is not a issue at all..the run fits would be the same if a offense spread a 4-3 front out. Your 2 Inside backers would still have to cover two gap fits or shoot a gap..Finely specifically is a liability in deep coverage..he fit the role he was used in

Advertisement
Osborn will be interesting. He looked like a non athlete all year until the bowl where he moved ok. Maybe he was banged up during the year. If he tests at anything above like 30th percentile he should be able to make a practice squad or better.

nah the striker position isn’t a package it’s our base defense which is the problem. Finley has no real work at the safety position. If the striker position was a sub package than he would have tape of him playing safety then rotating to striker when needed. And the striker would be a position with more impact.

The position not only does players playing the position a disservice, it also puts too much stress on the only two LBers that have to make up for having one less lber on the field every down.

This

Advertisement
Yeah I don’t love the striker position. Granted we’ve lacked athletic LBs Recently so minimizing the lack of athleticism in the secondary made sense, BUT we’ve brought in some athletic freaks these last 2 classes so let’s get back to a normal 3 LB set

It's funny to me how the striker position got overwhelmingly support here when it was brought up. Now, it's a dog.

Advertisement
If Finley doesn’t get invited to the NFL combine it will be more evidence to how terrible the Striker position is. Wasted his career playing a pointless position that doesn’t exist in the NFL
Sorry disagree he is exactly what the NFL wants. A coverage lb/safety. Doesn't matter what you call it, striker or not... It's an outside lb with coverage skills. Is he gonna succeed? I don't know but it won't be because he plays an exotic position.

Sorry disagree he is exactly what the NFL wants. A coverage lb/safety. Doesn't matter what you call it, striker or not... It's an outside lb with coverage skills. Is he gonna succeed? I don't know but it won't be because he plays an exotic position.
What makes it funnier it’s not a exotic position..at all. Minkah fitz played a very similar role at Bama..**** Clemson used Simmons at every level of the defense including a role similar in responsibility as the striker role..plenty of times finely would roll back into a natural high safety role..that 3rd safety this year will probably be Gil, or Carter

We used to put multiple first and second rounders in the league every year. I love these guys. But we are a shell of our former selves.

Outside of Campbell and Gore who are nearing retirement age, who is left that is a truly great pro level talent? Olsen and Graham are pretty much wrapped up too.

We need moar talent!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back