Miami Hurricanes at the nfl combine

Advertisement
Should have NINE (all names listed). Someone send that list FedEx to Diaz. 6-7

Advertisement
That’s why i don’t like the striker position for some of our defenders
Yeah it's like a win lose situation. You get to see the field and in romeo's case he should be in the nfl if they had the same position but with guys like romeo who didnt play in big time games a combine can help them out big time.

Invited so far
Osborn
Thomas
Dallas
Hill

haven’t seen them post it yet but I expect For these guys to get an invite too.
Bandy
Quarterman
Pinckney
Garvin

I hope Finley gets one but I’m not sure

If Finley doesn’t get invited to the NFL combine it will be more evidence to how terrible the Striker position is. Wasted his career playing a pointless position that doesn’t exist in the NFL

Last edited:
If Finley doesn’t get invited to the NFL combine it will be more evidence to how terrible the Striker position is.

wasted his career playing a pointless position that doesn’t exist in the NFL
Perhaps Manny is getting them ready for the OTHER football
soccer-positions-explained.jpg

Advertisement
A bunch of NFL teams now use a "nicklebacker" position. Finley is a great fit for that. Like Bandy though, Finley had an okay but not great year so I don't know if he'll be invited

+1 on everything said about the striker position in general. I liked the scheme better when we had 3 linebackers that consistently found the field.

The only kind of "striker" I really care for was how Antrel Roll was used in the nickel his SR year. Basically a Blitzer that beat up on everybody.

I'm sure Finley will find something. But I don't know why a recruit would want to play a fringe position.

Advertisement
Do y’all really think some arbitrary position name is going to keep a great player from getting an invite? Are you good or not?
Not necessarily the position name as much as the nature of the position. He's good and all but the NFL but there are plenty of talented bodies at more standard positions with more standard things to put on tape.

Advertisement
Not necessarily the position name as much as the nature of the position. He's good and all but the NFL but there are plenty of talented bodies at more standard positions with more standard things to put on tape.
If finely is good enough he will find a team in the league as a safety..he’s not a linebacker and idk if he’s physical enough to play in the box at the next level

Finely is a safety..the striker position is a nickel package, safety sub for a LB..it’s not that complicated. Finely Is a safety at the next level If he has a future there

nah the striker position isn’t a package it’s our base defense which is the problem. Finley has no real work at the safety position. If the striker position was a sub package than he would have tape of him playing safety then rotating to striker when needed. And the striker would be a position with more impact.

The position not only does players playing the position a disservice, it also puts too much stress on the only two LBers that have to make up for having one less lber on the field every down.

Advertisement
Back