Miami Hurricanes 2024 Roster Composition

Advertisement
McCoy the OL was a low ranked kid coming out (I think like 700+) so for a RS F he is outplaying his ranking but aside from some goalline work when we have a 6th OL he was not overtaking Rivers/Cohen/Lee/Cooper/Francis spot so he cant break into the starting 5. If Rivers slides to LG and Samson or Bell take over LT where does he fit? If he does not crack the rotation of OL this year then it puts him in a tough spot.
I hear you but he was our #6 OL this year and worst case, I think he'd be in that same spot next season. He plays a lot and is definitely in the rotation.

Tough ask for that first class. Lot of it was about keeping it in tact. I think Kelly can be special once he’s healthy.

Two guys that were all Mario were McCoy and Cooper. I’d argue McCoy is really solid and gave us meaningful snaps all season. I’m a Cooper fan too
That’s always the challenge when you change regimes…class attrition. Randy’s 2011 class was absolutely decimated, for instance.

When you consider that there was a regime change in 2015, 2018, and 2021 that’s a lot of classes to be impacted.

Advertisement
I hear you but he was our #6 OL this year and worst case, I think he'd be in that same spot next season. He plays a lot and is definitely in the rotation.
Then I guess we just disagree on the term rotation is all it is brother. He is not likely to get drafted continuing to be a 6th man playing in obvious running/short yardage situations. I dont think he would ever play center and if two younger guys in Francis and Samson lock down the OT spots, Copper continues at RG, his only real hope is LG. If he cant hold down a spot this year after 3 years of being the 6th man id be fearful of him moving on. Our OL will be good so its not a knock to him, he just has some dudes he is competing with and can likely go to another p5 team and do well.

He has one more year of eligibility.

Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Anyone paying attention to how many spots we actually have open? Think some guys like Shemar Kirk and Demetrius Freenay could have to get pushed out depending the size of this recruiting class and how many we're trying to portal in...

Blue = Need, Pink is possibly not on 24 roster
1701761647997.png

Advertisement
Love to see an update on this whenever you get a chance. Sick work here. Ok brother cane!

Advertisement
I'm def curious who is gna hit the portal moving forward bc by my count miami is gna need to have 8-10 more guys leave to get back down to 85 depending on how many more guys they get from the portal. Assuming a QB and a S are a must. Guys like Gore and McCormick who has been around 6 plus yrs should def be asked to move on IMO. Also could see guys like Balom going and Zion who will be going on almost 3 yrs without touching the field...

Advertisement
Back